E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 30k service does not include oil change?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
adbmw335
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

30k service does not include oil change?

I just dropped off my car for the ~30k service (have 29.5k miles). And to my surprise the service advisor said there will be no oil change with this service. He said my computer shows another 6.5k miles left before oil change is needed. The last time I had an oil change was ~15k miles. Seems like a long time to wait in between intervals at 20k+ before I have the next oil service. Does this seem appropriate?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
bimmerlex
Captain
bimmerlex's Avatar
Russian Federation
10
Rep
844
Posts

 
Drives: E92 LCI / E70 X5 xDr35d
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal.

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
They were telling me the same BS on my service appointment. Just insist on oil change, they might give up as they did with me.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
adbmw335
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Yeah I insisted but to no avail....now i'm going to have to take it to my independent shop to have it done...good news is they only charge ~55 for oil change

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlex View Post
They were telling me the same BS on my service appointment. Just insist on oil change, they might give up as they did with me.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Presidio335xi
Lieutenant
5
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbmw335 View Post
I just dropped off my car for the ~30k service (have 29.5k miles). And to my surprise the service advisor said there will be no oil change with this service. He said my computer shows another 6.5k miles left before oil change is needed. The last time I had an oil change was ~15k miles. Seems like a long time to wait in between intervals at 20k+ before I have the next oil service. Does this seem appropriate?
which dealership?
__________________
335xi: 6MT: 35% Tint: V5 Rev. 3: FlexFuel: LPFP Upgrade: PWM Meth: Spec 2+ SMFW: AST 4100: Catless DPs: DCI: IC: Forge DVs: Modifed CDV: V1
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
cbad335's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,733
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbmw335 View Post
Yeah I insisted but to no avail....now i'm going to have to take it to my independent shop to have it done...good news is they only charge ~55 for oil change
$55 w/ OEM filter and synthetic oil? That's a great deal. I've paid $90 for my independent oil changes.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
adbmw335
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, the cost of 7 quarts of oil is already ~50. They said they basically do this as no profit service for repeat customers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbad335 View Post
$55 w/ OEM filter and synthetic oil? That's a great deal. I've paid $90 for my independent oil changes.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
adbmw335
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Eastbay BMW. I have to say that the service dept is extremely good compared to other dealerships. I guess they are required to go with what the computer mileage reads at this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidio335xi View Post
which dealership?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #8
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
134
Rep
11,293
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
You are entitled to a yearly oil change under the 4year w.
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
rambalu80
Captain
rambalu80's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
987
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lake Jackson TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
You are entitled to a yearly oil change under the 4year w.
+1.

If it has been a year since your last oil change they are required to perform an oil change for free no matter what the OBC displays as mileage to next oil change.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #10
adbmw335
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
207
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Unfortunately for me it has not been a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
+1.

If it has been a year since your last oil change they are required to perform an oil change for free no matter what the OBC displays as mileage to next oil change.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #11
742
Major
11
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbmw335 View Post
Yeah I insisted but to no avail....now i'm going to have to take it to my independent shop to have it done...good news is they only charge ~55 for oil change
Make sure the oil has BMW LL01 approval. At that price it sounds like conventional oil.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST