E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Features on E90



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
e90fanatic
Absolute0
e90fanatic's Avatar
No_Country
71
Rep
5,018
Posts

 
Drives: Has a Roundel
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TO/HK/NJ

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e90fanatic
Features on E90

I am confused and not sure if some features are on the new e90:
1.) IPOD connector
2.) Where's the new CD changer going to be located? Trunk?
3.) engine speed sensitive wipers (it was on the e46)
4.) is the SMG going to be the same as the one on the e46? Or is it an entirely new SMG system?
5.) can you program DRL yourself like Audi's and other cars via iDrive or a button?

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
kchika
Lieutenant
21
Rep
532
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic
I am confused and not sure if some features are on the new e90:
1.) IPOD connector
2.) Where's the new CD changer going to be located? Trunk?
3.) engine speed sensitive wipers (it was on the e46)
4.) is the SMG going to be the same as the one on the e46? Or is it an entirely new SMG system?
5.) can you program DRL yourself like Audi's and other cars via iDrive or a button?

Thanks guys
1. Under the front armrest
2. Yes, trunk.
3. You mean rain sensor?
4. I believe it is the same.

Hope that helps, dunno about 5 though.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
chuckie789
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Actually...

Further clarification...

1.) The connection under the arm rest is for a standard 3.5mm jack, in which an iPOD can be connected. However, this is not the actualy iPOD/BMW adapter.
2.) The CD changer is located in the glove box
3.) Rain-sensing windshield wipers are standard (if in USA)
4.) SMG is going to be just about the same as current E46. Maybe in-between SMG I and SMG II.
5.) Since I don't believe that the 7-series iDrive can control the DRLs, BMW may have made this an option in the E90. It was always an option for the dealer to do it.

Last edited by chuckie789; 05-02-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
8
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pretoria, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie789
Further clarification...

1.) The connection under the arm rest is for a standard 3.5mm jack, in which an iPOD can be connected. However, this is not the actualy iPOD/BMW adapter.
2.) The CD changer is located in the glove box
3.) Rain-sensing windshield wipers are standard (if in USA)
4.) SMG is going to be just about the same as current E46. Maybe in-between SMG I and SMG II.
5.) Since I don't believe that the 7-series iDrive can control the DRLs, BMW may have made this an option in the E90. It was always an option for the dealer to do it.
It seems like the location of the CD Changer varies for different markets. Here in South Africa, the CD Changer is still in the trunk.
__________________
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Where is it in the glovebox ??

Never seen any pictures of it in the glovebox
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #6
booyah
Private First Class
booyah's Avatar
2
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335XI
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Largest state

iTrader: (0)

its in the trunk
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #7
e90fanatic
Absolute0
e90fanatic's Avatar
No_Country
71
Rep
5,018
Posts

 
Drives: Has a Roundel
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TO/HK/NJ

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e90fanatic
So the IPOD connector in the e90 is not the official one that came out for the e46? The CD changer as I thought, it was mounted in the front under the idrive but I have heard it may be in the glove box or the trunk. I tried the e46 SMG before and it was REALLY jerky....if I'm full and drive after dinner, I'll surely vomit..haha...hopefully the new e90 SMG is revised and tuned for smoother gear transmission
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6710
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

e90fanatic, the IPOD connector is just an auxilary connector that you can plug the IPOD, or any other device that uses a 3.5mm jack (i.e. other MP3 players, CD players, etc..). Here's a picture.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #9
HumblePie
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pacific NW

iTrader: (0)

Correct. The plug in the armrest connect to the Aux in. I think there is another plug in the glovebox. I didn't take too close of a look at it today but any lucky soul that has possession of one might be able to clarify.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 12:45 AM   #10
e90fanatic
Absolute0
e90fanatic's Avatar
No_Country
71
Rep
5,018
Posts

 
Drives: Has a Roundel
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TO/HK/NJ

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e90fanatic
Do I have to install this as an accessory or is it standard? BTW, does anybody know if the Alarm has to be purchased seperately and installed when buying the car? (do I have to pay for the labor of the installation?) How about the CD changer?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 03:21 AM   #11
Tierfreund
Major
Tierfreund's Avatar
15
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumblePie
Correct. The plug in the armrest connect to the Aux in. I think there is another plug in the glovebox. I didn't take too close of a look at it today but any lucky soul that has possession of one might be able to clarify.
Thats nothing to do with aux-in or Ipod. Thats an adapter you can take out, insert your emergency key into and then slot into the keyhole to start the car with...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 03:23 AM   #12
Tierfreund
Major
Tierfreund's Avatar
15
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic
I am confused and not sure if some features are on the new e90:
1.) IPOD connector
2.) Where's the new CD changer going to be located? Trunk?
3.) engine speed sensitive wipers (it was on the e46)
4.) is the SMG going to be the same as the one on the e46? Or is it an entirely new SMG system?
5.) can you program DRL yourself like Audi's and other cars via iDrive or a button?

Thanks guys
5) Yes via I-drive. Probably dealer only on no-i-drive.
4) Similar to E46 but finetuned. E46 SMG was fine though once you get the hang of how to use it. Most are simply to stupid to understand how it really works
3) Rain-Sensor
2) TRUNK. Definite.
1) Not yet available
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 03:25 AM   #13
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
bozo5521's Avatar
7
Rep
336
Posts

 
Drives: '04/E53/X5/3.0/PP
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
Drives: Mini. 330 stolen
Location: Germany
...
Tier, whats the deal with this?! Was your 330 stolen? :mad:
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 03:27 AM   #14
Tierfreund
Major
Tierfreund's Avatar
15
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo5521
Tier, whats the deal with this?! Was your 330 stolen? :mad:
Sadly yes. 4 weeks ago. Police saiz its probably already broken up into parts. Shame really, it was a fantastic car. I was mad as hell :mad: , but when the insurance finally pays up, Ill be in the market for an E90 so Ive stopped whining...

But the Mini Copper Im renting for the while really is going on my nerves. Uncomfortable and unbearably loud at more than 100mph.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 03:31 AM   #15
kchika
Lieutenant
21
Rep
532
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
Sadly yes. 4 weeks ago. Police saiz its probably already broken up into parts. Shame really, it was a fantastic car.
Thats sucks...I feel sorry for you dude...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #16
chuckie789
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA, USA

iTrader: (0)

CD Changer

The CD changer is NOT NOT NOT in the trunk, IF you get the Logic7 sound system. It is in the glove box (as per BMW's web site and other sources). As for the regular sound system or outside of USA, it may be in the trunk. (that I am not sure) I should have clarified this earlier. Sorry for any confusion.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #17
Tierfreund
Major
Tierfreund's Avatar
15
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie789
The CD changer is NOT NOT NOT in the trunk, IF you get the Logic7 sound system. It is in the glove box (as per BMW's web site and other sources). As for the regular sound system or outside of USA, it may be in the trunk. (that I am not sure) I should have clarified this earlier. Sorry for any confusion.
You seem to know more than me. I only know Ive seen the changer in the trunk. But admittedly on a car without Logic7. Knowing the glove compartment though, Id be surprised to find a changer in there. It would be full with a changer.

But Id certainly be happy to be mistakren. Id prefere a changer in the glove compartment
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 08:17 AM   #18
chuckie789
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Apologies...

As I mentioned, I should have been more clear earlier. It's not that I know more than you, I have just been researching the heck out of this feature. When I contacted BMW through the Owner's Circle, they said that for the Logic7 sound system, the changer is "in the dash." BMW's web site also says the same. Other forums and another rep from BMW said that it was in the glove box, like the E60 (see pic). I hope i'm not wrong, as well. It would be awesome to have an MP3 CD Changer, with over 1000 songs!!! :rocks:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 01:23 PM   #19
slashmatt
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: NSX (330 soon)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to slashmatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie789
It would be awesome to have an MP3 CD Changer, with over 1000 songs!!! :rocks:
The cd changer is an mp3 changer, but why not just spend your cash on an iPod that can hold (60gb) 15,000 songs in high quality mpeg 4 (also known as aiff). I've got all 400+ of my CD's ripped onto my iPod already, and I have software to take my LP's and put them on the iPod as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #20
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

I went to the dealer today to try and get brchures, and asked about the cd changer

the parts system only shows one changer for all audio options, and its in the trunk for european cars

Also see the German E90 PDF manual posted here on p154, it only shows a player in the trunk
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 04:15 PM   #21
chuckie789
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA, USA

iTrader: (0)

iPod + MP3 CD changer = 16,000+ songs
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #22
Tierfreund
Major
Tierfreund's Avatar
15
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie789
As I mentioned, I should have been more clear earlier. It's not that I know more than you, I have just been researching the heck out of this feature. When I contacted BMW through the Owner's Circle, they said that for the Logic7 sound system, the changer is "in the dash." BMW's web site also says the same. Other forums and another rep from BMW said that it was in the glove box, like the E60 (see pic). I hope i'm not wrong, as well. It would be awesome to have an MP3 CD Changer, with over 1000 songs!!! :rocks:

Kudos to all the hard researching work. Well done...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST