E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Gas went up 20 cents here today.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
noflash
Captain Caveman
44

 
noflash's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi
Join Date: May 2005
Location: midwest


Posts: 1,715
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Gas went up 20 cents here today.

Premium is now around $3.20. I know many pay more, but it's all relative. A 20 cent hike sucks everywhere.

On a relating note, I test drove a Honda Fit last weekend and I thought it was neato until about 20 min into my drive when shooting pains went up my back!

Oh well, come on bimmer diesels and hybrids!!!
__________________

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
timoth31
Back in CIVLANT
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2006 330i Eclectic Red ZSP ZPP
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bethesda, MD


Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Premium is now around $3.20. I know many pay more, but it's all relative. A 20 cent hike sucks everywhere.

On a relating note, I test drove a Honda Fit last weekend and I thought it was neato until about 20 min into my drive when shooting pains went up my back!

Oh well, come on bimmer diesels and hybrids!!!
That's nothing. In Maryland premium fuel is $3.60/gallon or so. I knew the consequences of getting a car when I signed the lease papers. Instead of whining about predictable consequences, I take the subway to work.

IMHO, we should do away with CAFE and just set Federal gas tax levels high enough to keep gasoline above $4.00/gallon permanently. I don't like sending my money to Washington, but I like sending it to Osama's buddies in the Middle East even less.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
noflash
Captain Caveman
44

 
noflash's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi
Join Date: May 2005
Location: midwest


Posts: 1,715
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timoth31
That's nothing. In Maryland premium fuel is $3.60/gallon or so. I knew the consequences of getting a car when I signed the lease papers. Instead of whining about predictable consequences, I take the subway to work.

IMHO, we should do away with CAFE and just set Federal gas tax levels high enough to keep gasoline above $4.00/gallon permanently. I don't like sending my money to Washington, but I like sending it to Osama's buddies in the Middle East even less.
Wow! I feel awful for whining about the puny $3.20 here now! And wow you are smart not to whine about it and ride the subway.

Ok, I'll walk to work now. And when I do drive I'll give the quickie-mart guy extra cash and tell him to send to to washington to buy some bullet for Osama!! YeeHaa!!! :rocks:
__________________

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
bmwhomosapien
Private First Class
3

 
Drives: COOL
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX


Posts: 186
iTrader: (0)

its because the war starting between the lebanese and isrealis..they said gas prices will easily shoot up 50 cents
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
ages944
Captain
Poland
41

 
ages944's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago 'burbs


Posts: 990
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhomosapien
its because the war starting between the lebanese and isrealis..they said gas prices will easily shoot up 50 cents
how much oil do either of those countries produce again? (answer = ~ 0)


... gas here in Chicagoland (burbs) is around $3.40/gal. I feel your pain (plus $0.20)
__________________
BMW : Sine qua non

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #6
2GPP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
5

 
Drives: E91 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South, UK


Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

20 cent increase...wow that is crippling!
Try over $7.00 a gallon here in the UK! That is for petrol...diesel about $7.50!
At least we have the 330d with 330i performance and around 40mpg!
__________________
E91 335i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #7
bavarian19
General
United_States
230

 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA


Posts: 18,814
iTrader: (23)

Go to costco... it has been the cheapest gas around...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
35

 
Drives: 2012 535i MSport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Honolulu


Posts: 2,861
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Wow! I feel awful for whining about the puny $3.20 here now! And wow you are smart not to whine about it and ride the subway.

Ok, I'll walk to work now. And when I do drive I'll give the quickie-mart guy extra cash and tell him to send to to washington to buy some bullet for Osama!! YeeHaa!!! :rocks:
You might be lucky if 10 cents on the dollar goes toward the bullet itself.
__________________
Can you say Alooooha?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
35

 
Drives: 2012 535i MSport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Honolulu


Posts: 2,861
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Premium is now around $3.20. I know many pay more, but it's all relative. A 20 cent hike sucks everywhere.

On a relating note, I test drove a Honda Fit last weekend and I thought it was neato until about 20 min into my drive when shooting pains went up my back!

Oh well, come on bimmer diesels and hybrids!!!
Haven't seen a hike yet but I know its coming. I have my gas cans ready!
__________________
Can you say Alooooha?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #10
alucrali
New Member
Turkey
0

 
Drives: BMW 316I
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ALUCRA


Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

You are lucky...We pay 2.2$ for 1 liter....
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST