E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Let down by Longtran



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #23
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahuang View Post
Well, Long is not Best Buy. When buying used items at a discount over the internet, I don't expect perfection. Sounds like Long did try to help but somehow things just didn't work out. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident but hope everything will work out in the end. Good luck.
i understand that long isn't best buy or apple or whatever... but after hearing how hes about as close to god as you can come on e90post and always helping fellow members i would have thought he would have given me something more than a


he didn't even offer to sell me a new one at discount or even full price for that matter... nothing, he just wasted my time, his own money (i never asked for him to overnight it for $33) and just said he can't help me with a product that he makes money (be it a lot or a little) off of. and if you read again... the trim was supposed to be new.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #24
garyhgaryh
Major
garyhgaryh's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,208
Posts

 
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: santa cruz

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
i did... he referred me back to longtran and said he was going to take care of it.

If i had cracked it installing it, i woulda owned up and just bit the bullet but

1. i didn't crack it during install.
2. again we are taking about something cosmetic about the piece when that isn't the problem with it. it DIDN'T FIT. What am i supposed to do with a trim piece that doesn't fit, frame it and put it over my fireplace? This is why I was eager for Long to test fit the trim to see that it didn't fit properly... which took almost 2 months for him to do and even then he said he didn't test it properly cuz his m3 and my 328 are different. either way, cracked or not, it isn't like it would fit properly on any e90 so how could a crack make a difference and like i said before the only answer i can come up with is that it can't be resold to someone who won't notice. now that its cracked they'd have to pony up a new piece for me and throw the old one out which to the maker of the trim, apparently isn't acceptable.
I would go after the guy who sold it to you.

I believe you didn't crack it during install. But you did while removing it right?
I understand how you feel. You're not in a good position. The guy who sold it to you got off scott free and passed the problem to you .

Good luck!
gary
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:18 AM   #25
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
I would go after the guy who sold it to you.

I believe you didn't crack it during install. But you did while removing it right?
I understand how you feel. You're not in a good position. The guy who sold it to you got off scott free and passed the problem to you .

Good luck!
gary
for the 1000th time... NO.

like i said i've done this a ton of times, i know how to be careful installing/removing the trim, especially cuz it has that clear coat that cracks/chips easily.

i could go after him, but 1. its a little late for that, and 2. im pretty sure he is one of longs friends which is probably why he expected long to help me out. plus i'm not sure if he knew it wasn't a good fit cuz like i said it was supposed to be new which would mean he didn't install it.... if he did he probably saw the bad fit which is why he sold it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:07 AM   #26
addy85
Got beef?
addy85's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,646
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
btw. long was swamped with work. his wedding was probably during the time you sent it. so give him a god damn break. shit.
Seriously? I think long can speak for himself. I don't see why your getting involved
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:13 AM   #27
longtran
Moderator
longtran's Avatar
443
Rep
16,617
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA

iTrader: (105)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
i did... he referred me back to longtran and said he was going to take care of it.

If i had cracked it installing it, i woulda owned up and just bit the bullet but

1. i didn't crack it during install.
2. again we are taking about something cosmetic about the piece when that isn't the problem with it. it DIDN'T FIT. What am i supposed to do with a trim piece that doesn't fit, frame it and put it over my fireplace? This is why I was eager for Long to test fit the trim to see that it didn't fit properly... which took almost 2 months for him to do and even then he said he didn't test it properly cuz his m3 and my 328 are different. either way, cracked or not, it isn't like it would fit properly on any e90 so how could a crack make a difference and like i said before the only answer i can come up with is that it can't be resold to someone who won't notice. now that its cracked they'd have to pony up a new piece for me and throw the old one out which to the maker of the trim, apparently isn't acceptable.

You probably didnt crack it during install but during removing it you did. You pulled it off too hard or too fast and it caused hairline cracks. I did what i can for you. I did what I can, sorry I wasnt able to help you further.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #28
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Seriously? I think long can speak for himself. I don't see why your getting involved
agreed and maybe he missed the part where I said I understood that he got married and was probably unusually busy the week leading up to it and week after as he was on his honeymoon. I'm not unrealistic, I know I'd be preoccupied and busy if I was in the same position but it just adds to the fact that something that should've taken 10-15 minutes took almost 2 months. He still waited an extra 2 weeks AFTER he got back to try and test it and ultimately send it back with no help/solution provided for a product he sells.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #29
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
You probably didnt crack it during install but during removing it you did. You pulled it off too hard or too fast and it caused hairline cracks. I did what i can for you. I did what I can, sorry I wasnt able to help you further.
waste my time... or nothing?

how many more times do i need to say I wasn't the one who cracked it... it was in pristine condition (other than it NOT FITTING) when I sealed up the box and paid the lady to send it to you via FedEx
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:22 AM   #30
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
PAKMAN's Avatar
North Korea
189
Rep
16,123
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [2.75]
MMM how are we supposed to know if the trim wasnt cracked during install? Cause i remember there was nothing wrong with it before it was shipped to you. So please explain to me why? and im pretty sure 100% sure long didnt crack it. if you want your money back dispute it against the shipping provider.
that would suck if you didnt get insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
i did... he referred me back to longtran and said he was going to take care of it.

If i had cracked it installing it, i woulda owned up and just bit the bullet but

1. i didn't crack it during install.
2. again we are taking about something cosmetic about the piece when that isn't the problem with it. it DIDN'T FIT. What am i supposed to do with a trim piece that doesn't fit, frame it and put it over my fireplace? This is why I was eager for Long to test fit the trim to see that it didn't fit properly... which took almost 2 months for him to do and even then he said he didn't test it properly cuz his m3 and my 328 are different. either way, cracked or not, it isn't like it would fit properly on any e90 so how could a crack make a difference and like i said before the only answer i can come up with is that it can't be resold to someone who won't notice. now that its cracked they'd have to pony up a new piece for me and throw the old one out which to the maker of the trim, apparently isn't acceptable.
__________________
stock car
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #31
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
PAKMAN's Avatar
North Korea
189
Rep
16,123
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Seriously? I think long can speak for himself. I don't see why your getting involved
its a mother fucking public forum. Dont tell me what to do. The OP shouldnt have posted this on thread then and shouldve resolved it through pm
__________________
stock car
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:28 AM   #32
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
PAKMAN's Avatar
North Korea
189
Rep
16,123
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
agreed and maybe he missed the part where I said I understood that he got married and was probably unusually busy the week leading up to it and week after as he was on his honeymoon. I'm not unrealistic, I know I'd be preoccupied and busy if I was in the same position but it just adds to the fact that something that should've taken 10-15 minutes took almost 2 months. He still waited an extra 2 weeks AFTER he got back to try and test it and ultimately send it back with no help/solution provided for a product he sells.
LONG IS NOT A GOD. GOD DAMN DUDE GROW UP. ITS YOUR FAULT LONG CANT HELP YOU. DEAL WITH IT.
__________________
stock car
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 04:02 AM   #33
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General
ra2fanatic's Avatar
United_States
150
Rep
11,834
Posts

 
Drives: '08 AW E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (30)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
i saw that trim. it aint long's fault...i saw those trims waaayyy bak b4 too, they were in great shape. idk wat/how they got cracked, but thats not his fault
__________________


Camden S...Stg4
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #34
addy85
Got beef?
addy85's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,646
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Lol pakman your a child. Grow up little one the fact that this is a public forum has nothing to do with the dispute the op has with long. I'm not on either side but I'm sure long is a grown man and can handle things himself so there's no need for your useless flaming since the dispute has nothing to do with you.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #35
mig28
Major
mig28's Avatar
24
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Da "G" in PLOX!

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
LONG IS NOT A GOD. GOD DAMN DUDE GROW UP. ITS YOUR FAULT LONG CANT HELP YOU. DEAL WITH IT.


both of you need to chill guys! relax.

I bet LT is loughing to you guys.

Pakman: u seems like LT spokesperson ya?no hard feeling
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #36
Doc E
Surf Caster Extraordinaire
Doc E's Avatar
Ukraine
7
Rep
672
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ISF
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Doc E
this is funny, since the trim wasn't cracked when you first got it, anything that happens to the trim after that is your responsibility.
Don't you see that?
Dude, I had a painted and Clear Bra'd front bumper shipped to me from CA to NJ (something most wont do) by that dude without a hitch. It was packed beautifully and the bumper itself was A+++
__________________
335i gone!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #37
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyD4Me View Post
this is funny, since the trim wasn't cracked when you first got it, anything that happens to the trim after that is your responsibility.
Don't you see that?
Dude, I had a painted and Clear Bra'd front bumper shipped to me from CA to NJ (something most wont do) by that dude without a hitch. It was packed beautifully and the bumper itself was A+++
Yes I do, except the crack in it shouldn't have mattered because it didn't fit in the 1st place. Why doesn't anyone see that? The company won't take it back because its cracked, but cracked or not, it still won't fit on the car. The cracking didn't cause it to not fit, it didn't fit before it was cracked. I just don't understand how so many people can not understand that the cosmetic damage that the piece sustained was AFTER the fact that I found out it didn't fit and sent it to Long for a replacement. Its BS that the shop won't take it back because they probably are upset they can't resell it now... resell a poorly fitting piece.... which means that had the piece not gotten cracked, whoever came along next would have gotten the bad fitting piece. You guys all think that is acceptable?? I sure as heck don't. That piece should have been test fitted to show how poorly it fit and then I should've had a new piece sent back to me by the manufacturer... but Long wouldn't divulge that info so IMO that makes it his responsibility then to deal with things of this nature since he won't let us know who is making them (which I understand but on the same page, its not like I'm going to go blabbing it all over or start buying the trim from them and selling it myself... all I've ever wanted out of this was a replacement piece).
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #38
OO---OO
Nekid Bandit
OO---OO's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
292
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Dude, youre prolly the most hated on here right now!
You know that 90% of members on here on all on his nutz, lol!
(not that he did anything right or wrong, just sayin)
Oh, bai the wayz, can i be in yalls kiddy thrad?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #39
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
yep I know... but I'm not one to let that stop me from feeling the right thing was not done in this situation.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #40
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
Russian Federation
50
Rep
3,251
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 SG e90 335d
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to koreez88
Maybe u should blame the shipping company?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #41
OO---OO
Nekid Bandit
OO---OO's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
292
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

screw it, kill everyone.






































not reallies. lol
This thrad gonna get deleted 100%
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #42
quest556
Second Lieutenant
quest556's Avatar
4
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535i x-Drive
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
ok, first off. i didnt sell you this kit. someone else sold it to you. i was nice enough to help you. i shouldnt have helped you to begin with. you did not pay me, did you? i took my time to try to get you a a new piece. you sent back a crack trim and wanted a new piece? just because the part was a defect, that does not give you the rights to crack the piece. the kit was brand new and you expect the shop take it back when you damaged it? i even spent $33 dollars out of my own money to overnight the piece to the person you sent it to. the part got return because no one claimed it, and i resent it out again. today i see this??? wow. what a jackass you are. remember, you DID NOT PAY ME for this. you are one smart cookie. you wait til i send out the part and then you post this. had i knew this was going to happen. i should have just threw that piece away...



OP needs to lighten up. Longtran was just doing a good service and trying to help when he is not involved. I even stopped reading the OP after I realized Lontran was not the seller.
Longtran still deserves a
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #43
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
OverDrive's Avatar
Canada
24
Rep
1,329
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Current: 2013 E92 M3, 6MT, SSII on Fox Red Extended
Previous: 2008 E92 335xi, 6MT, AW on Saddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #44
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest556 View Post


OP needs to lighten up. Longtran was just doing a good service and trying to help when he is not involved. I even stopped reading the OP after I realized Lontran was not the seller.
Longtran still deserves a
you should've read on... long was the original seller and the guy who sold it to me was his friend, his car even pops up on Longs sig pic.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST