E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Official runner's thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2006, 01:01 AM   #45
Fenianz
Second Lieutenant
3

 
Fenianz's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 230
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
I know what he is doing and this is to supplement his 3 day training to add diversity and improve his cardio. Its the summer anyway so I cannot see any reason not to train outside. Show me the treadmill that you are talking about.
Diversity along with stretches are good. I'm just simply trying to point out that treadmills could help him. I don't believe he should stay clear of treadmills, like you have stated. Also, depending on your schedule, running (outdoors) in the afternoon is not advisable, especially in this blazing heat.
As for the brand of treadmills; Precor, Nordic Track, and my favorite Smooth all have great cushioned models.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #46
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
54

 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA


Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
Elliptical trainer, deep water running and cycling are the best choice for exercises.
Now bavarian19 is a triathlete
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2006, 02:05 AM   #47
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
68

 
Drives: 2012 535i MSport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Honolulu


Posts: 2,861
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenianz
Diversity along with stretches are good. I'm just simply trying to point out that treadmills could help him. I don't believe he should stay clear of treadmills, like you have stated. Also, depending on your schedule, running (outdoors) in the afternoon is not advisable, especially in this blazing heat.
As for the brand of treadmills; Precor, Nordic Track, and my favorite Smooth all have great cushioned models.
Let me say this. I have been a physical therapy assistant for the past 11 years and in the military. I have treated many people with back pain and believe me in my experience the treadmill is not something you want to get on. I have yet to run on or have seen anything great as far as treadmills goes. I have been to plenty of gyms and ordered plenty of equipment in my time and the treadmill is just a no-no for low back pain. Any other person would be ok but for him could cause more pain. That is why I suggested the other exercises to give more diversity with other cardio/running like exercises with no-impact. Common sense would tell you not to run in the afternoon but not impossible with proper hydration and conditioning. The military does it everyday. Lets just say you have you opinions and I have my experiences unless you have something to add.
__________________
Can you say Alooooha?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #48
bavarian19
General
United_States
375

 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA


Posts: 18,815
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_325Ci
Now bavarian19 is a triathlete





Thats actually what I was starting to train for when I got my back injuries...


By the way... I cant do treadmills... I get bored after 1 mile... Plus the physics of running on it is completely different than running on a track or trail. on a treadmill, the ground is already moving past you, and you just 'ride' the treadmill for that distance... Running on a trail, you have to continually push yourself forward, giving you a better workout...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #49
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
68

 
Drives: 2012 535i MSport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Honolulu


Posts: 2,861
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19



Thats actually what I was starting to train for when I got my back injuries...


By the way... I cant do treadmills... I get bored after 1 mile... Plus the physics of running on it is completely different than running on a track or trail. on a treadmill, the ground is already moving past you, and you just 'ride' the treadmill for that distance... Running on a trail, you have to continually push yourself forward, giving you a better workout...
Go to the pool and get in the deep end and move your legs as if you were running and do the same time and see how you feel afterwards. They usually have a rubber tie that attaches to you. Aqua jogger I believe.
__________________
Can you say Alooooha?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #50
bavarian19
General
United_States
375

 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA


Posts: 18,815
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
Go to the pool and get in the deep end and move your legs as if you were running and do the same time and see how you feel afterwards. They usually have a rubber tie that attaches to you. Aqua jogger I believe.

Ill give it a shot at the gym tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST