E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MPG with Quaife??

11-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #23
JoeyFiasco
Major

Drives: '09 Coupe

like others have said, there should be no noticeable difference if you got the same ratio. there are a several ratio lsd that can be outfitted though, have you noticed a change in your rpms in relation to your speed?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #24
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Well, I got my Quaife installed last week; what a blast exiting sharp turns! Hope it helps driving in snow/slippery surfaces.
About your/my noise concern: I've only heard gear whine once, and that was when I drove back to Tahoe from the Bay Area on a warm day. After having driven approx. 75-100 miles, I noticed a gear whine sound coming from the car upon acceleration. When I let go of the gas, the sound when away; when I accelerated I got the gear whine (not a major acceleration btw). I haven't heard the gear whine since during my short trips up to 20 miles. It's also pretty cold up here now. I can only assume the gear whine I heard was related to heat.
Anyone else experience this with their Quafe LSD?
Happy that you like it!

Harold
Appreciate 0