E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I Love Snow!!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
Repute
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

I Love Snow!!!!!

I drove from Vancouver west to Richmond.
I saw so many cars staying on the road. hahahah
They got stuck hahahah I still keep moving without problem hahaha


Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
KkSc
Major General
KkSc's Avatar
Hong Kong
70
Rep
6,222
Posts

 
Drives: 12' Q5 2.0T/ 13' FR-S
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (10)

you sure dude??hahaha
what car you were driving?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Repute
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

I was driving my 335i ar hahha
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
ac87
Private
ac87's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
97
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond

iTrader: (0)

w/ winter tires? or all season?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #5
KkSc
Major General
KkSc's Avatar
Hong Kong
70
Rep
6,222
Posts

 
Drives: 12' Q5 2.0T/ 13' FR-S
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (10)

i storage my car already!!hahaha..i m driving quattro now..lol
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #6
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
ZuerstBMW's Avatar
Spain
112
Rep
7,409
Posts

 
Drives: 14 SG F15
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa, FL.

iTrader: (68)

To visit, not to live in and drive in it.
__________________
14 F15 X5 3.5i M-Sport SG Terra, Fineline Oak, Driver Pkg, Prem. Pkg, H/K, Spare, 20" 469M Rims, Park Assist, Surround View, Shades MODS Performance Black Grille & Rocker Panel Decals, Painted Reflectors, 3M Bra, Black OEM X5 Frame
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
JHFW89225
Major
JHFW89225's Avatar
37
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: HK/Vancouver

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i  [0.00]
nice richmond is finally covered in snow... its christmas time !!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #8
323d
Major
323d's Avatar
Hong Kong
22
Rep
1,436
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: YVR

iTrader: (4)

just came back home fromnear sfu.. when i drove by knight street @ 3:00am ish, saw this i am guesssing E46 coupe flipped over?!??!?!! cop + tow truck was there, but no ambulance
__________________
ZSP susp//18's 550i reps//blacklines/aftermarket grill//
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
veightkiller
Brigadier General
veightkiller's Avatar
Canada
46
Rep
4,153
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver,B.C

iTrader: (3)

i hate snow lucky for me i'll be in cali for 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
CaptChaos
Captain
CaptChaos's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
748
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [0.00]
Looks like we got about 10cm (4 inches) in Richmond last night.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #11
fanatic
Lieutenant
Canada
4
Rep
400
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptChaos View Post
Looks like we got about 10cm (4 inches) in Richmond last night.
WTF? I'm in Vancouver (higher elevation) and I barely have 1" on the ground.
__________________
E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Sports Package | 6MT | Aluminum Pedals | Breyton Race GTS f19x8.5 r19x9.5 | Goodyear F1 GS-D3 | 50% Tint | OEM Rear Trunk Spoiler | More To Come
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #12
323d
Major
323d's Avatar
Hong Kong
22
Rep
1,436
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: YVR

iTrader: (4)

richmond is near lots of water, so we will get more rain, + yeterday, it was already below freezing even at RIchmonds sea level so we got a bit more snow than in vancouver
__________________
ZSP susp//18's 550i reps//blacklines/aftermarket grill//
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
flyer333
GSS CORP.
flyer333's Avatar
Taiwan
20
Rep
1,599
Posts

 
Drives: E90/E93
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (3)

i am rollin in my ML now
__________________

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #14
perfectg
I pwn u
Canada
9
Rep
841
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Audi Q5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
no snow in the valley. Im sad
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #15
hj058
Lieutenant Colonel
hj058's Avatar
Taiwan
26
Rep
1,966
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via MSN to hj058
what an idiot lol
__________________
F30 335i Xdrive Black Msport
E92 335i Black/black (Missed)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
Darklighter
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: e92 328i Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (1)

I've had enough of the snow for the season after last night. I got stuck on the ramp leading to the Arthur Lang bridge from the South Terminal area because of the black ice. No amount of traction control can save you from that. It was actually kind of messed up how I'd stop, and then when I let go of the brakes slowly and without even touching the gas yet I started sliding sideways again.

I eventually managed to get the car pulled off to the side of the road and after five hours, seeing a lot of people make a go at getting up to the bridge and slip-sliding away and some hitting the barriers or other stuck cars, the plows got through. I waited for some more runs of the plows before making a go at it and I finally got home after six hours.

Some moron in a 6 series with big (21"?) Hamann looking wheels kept trying to make a go at it. He'd get stuck, reverse all the way back a block or two and try again, all the while sliding away. I would have killed this guy if he hit my car. Eventually his passenger was pushing the car and he got the point where all the other cars were stuck at the foot of the bridge. WTF, was his passenger going to push the car all the way to the other side of the bridge?

When I got home, I couldn't get into the parking garage because some guy had rammed his car into the gate due to the steep ramp leading down into the garage.

All around a terrible day.

I'm now at work in my M5 which seems to do better in the snow.





(That's Mazda 5 )
__________________
2007 e92 328i Sparkling Graphite | Sport package | Gray poplar wood | Rogue Ikon exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #17
Mikewarlover
Major
Mikewarlover's Avatar
Canada
18
Rep
1,165
Posts

 
Drives: white
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond BC

iTrader: (0)

wow thats not very good expereince i drove in richmond yesterday nite it was scary but no i got home alright. Just bought a set of 17 all season hope it will work well if not gonna get dedicated winters.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #18
Kit523
Major General
Kit523's Avatar
Hong Kong
108
Rep
6,902
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: B.C. Vancouver

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklighter View Post
I've had enough of the snow for the season after last night. I got stuck on the ramp leading to the Arthur Lang bridge from the South Terminal area because of the black ice. No amount of traction control can save you from that. It was actually kind of messed up how I'd stop, and then when I let go of the brakes slowly and without even touching the gas yet I started sliding sideways again.

I eventually managed to get the car pulled off to the side of the road and after five hours, seeing a lot of people make a go at getting up to the bridge and slip-sliding away and some hitting the barriers or other stuck cars, the plows got through. I waited for some more runs of the plows before making a go at it and I finally got home after six hours.

Some moron in a 6 series with big (21"?) Hamann looking wheels kept trying to make a go at it. He'd get stuck, reverse all the way back a block or two and try again, all the while sliding away. I would have killed this guy if he hit my car. Eventually his passenger was pushing the car and he got the point where all the other cars were stuck at the foot of the bridge. WTF, was his passenger going to push the car all the way to the other side of the bridge?

When I got home, I couldn't get into the parking garage because some guy had rammed his car into the gate due to the steep ramp leading down into the garage.

All around a terrible day.

I'm now at work in my M5 which seems to do better in the snow.





(That's Mazda 5 )
OH SHIT THATS U!!! i was in the gold jeep i thikn i saw u man!!!
i was planning to stop aside and try out the E90 or E92 ppl
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #19
Repute
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

i saw 2 m6 and 1 m5 got stuck in richmond hahahaha

I was laughing at them hahahahha
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #20
Darklighter
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: e92 328i Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
OH SHIT THATS U!!! i was in the gold jeep i thikn i saw u man!!!
i was planning to stop aside and try out the E90 or E92 ppl
There was an MB in front of me that started sliding first and unfortunately I followed next. I eventually parked a little past the overpass before the bridge (SG sport pack e92) to watch the spectacle. I had to try different traction control settings to get the car straightened out and on the road again which was a learning experience.

What was kinda funny (now it is) was counting all the nice cars stuck while I was there. There were 3 MB's (2 C-class and a CLK I think) and 3 Bimmers (e36, e92, e63), and a Civic. Then my wife comments how all the not as nice cars were getting through and maybe I should get an AWD car next.
__________________
2007 e92 328i Sparkling Graphite | Sport package | Gray poplar wood | Rogue Ikon exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #21
CaptChaos
Captain
CaptChaos's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
748
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [0.00]
Most of the main roads in Richmond were bare but wet today. Side roads have compact snow which can get pretty icy.

That's enough snow for now.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 01:03 AM   #22
rcube
Private
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: z4mc
Join Date: May 2008
Location: vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
wow thats not very good expereince i drove in richmond yesterday nite it was scary but no i got home alright. Just bought a set of 17 all season hope it will work well if not gonna get dedicated winters.
so you drove on your stock 18 last night?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST