E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW U.S. Price Increases (including new 7-series)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #23
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 8,865
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I dont understand this....every car dealer is having great deals to attract buyers with somekind of dealer incentives
BMW on the other hand raises prices like every 2 years
__________________
" Hey, your m235i is not a true M car"..."No shit, its a M Performance doe"
ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #24
Malbolge
Major General
 
Malbolge's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: EE

Posts: 5,229
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
surprised its not 5%. their margins in US are tanking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
I dont understand this....every car dealer is having great deals to attract buyers with somekind of dealer incentives
BMW on the other hand raises prices like every 2 years
I guess the ground is not BURNING under them YET. It\s mostly big 3 that are having deals anyway, plus toyota/honda. Germans would not start diluting their brands by giving cars away. You guys get BMWs in US at like 25 or 50% off from what some of us pay in Europe to begin with. So stop whining. You want deals - get a chrysler!
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Malbolge is offline   Estonia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #25
cycler
Major General
 
cycler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 8,067
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
surprised its not 5%. their margins in US are tanking.



I guess the ground is not BURNING under them YET. It\s mostly big 3 that are having deals anyway, plus toyota/honda. Germans would not start diluting their brands by giving cars away. You guys get BMWs in US at like 25 or 50% off from what some of us pay in Europe to begin with. So stop whining. You want deals - get a chrysler!
Its not the $300 increase that some of us are annoyed about (well maybe its just me). But the fact remains they already raised their 09 prices in October by a conciderable amount. My car today would be almost 3K more. And then 3 month later they raise it again with energy prices falling through the floor, the euro losing ground, and their november sales falling. Im just a little lost here.
cycler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #26
Phil G.
First Lieutenant
 
Phil G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maple Glen, PA

Posts: 316
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Its not the $300 increase that some of us are annoyed about (well maybe its just me). But the fact remains they already raised their 09 prices in October by a conciderable amount. My car today would be almost 3K more. And then 3 month later they raise it again with energy prices falling through the floor, the euro losing ground, and their november sales falling. Im just a little lost here.
Couldn't agree more! It's BS - sales are down and BMW just keeps raising its prices. Yeah, we'll still buy them, but it's BS considering they just raised '09 prices considerably.
Phil G. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #27
Malbolge
Major General
 
Malbolge's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: EE

Posts: 5,229
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
...It's BS .... sales are down ... BMW just keeps raising its prices. .... we'll still buy...
Look what you are saying! No point for guessing when they will stop raising pricess...

lol. you guys are just failing to face reality. Prices will keep rising for BMW which will make it less and less affordable car. Like in Europe where few people can afford to buy a loaded 335i and an msport 320d is about the best compromise you're ever gonna get. You dont see many 335, but in US it seems every man and his dog has one - because they are dirt cheap. That will change. Same goes for other german brands. I for one will never find a reason for me to spend a 100k USD on 335i new (that's what they cost here).

For those who cant afford the expensive 3 series, BMW will offer 1er and Mini and in future Isetta.

"Luxury" is one word many will have to forget about for a long while now.
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Malbolge is offline   Estonia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #28
Cloud9blue
Major
 
Cloud9blue's Avatar
 
Drives: avoiding the potholes
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,282
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
Look what you are saying! No point for guessing when they will stop raising pricess...

lol. you guys are just failing to face reality. Prices will keep rising for BMW which will make it less and less affordable car. Like in Europe where few people can afford to buy a loaded 335i and an msport 320d is about the best compromise you're ever gonna get. You dont see many 335, but in US it seems every man and his dog has one - because they are dirt cheap. That will change. Same goes for other german brands. I for one will never find a reason for me to spend a 100k USD on 335i new (that's what they cost here).

For those who cant afford the expensive 3 series, BMW will offer 1er and Mini and in future Isetta.

"Luxury" is one word many will have to forget about for a long while now.
+1
__________________
09 E92 335i AT: Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / Grey Poplar
JB4 / AE Exhaust / VRSF Downpipe / Intercooler
BMW PS / M3 Arms & Front Sway / Subframe Bushings / Camber Plates / LSD / EBC Yellow / Hankook RS3 V2 / Apex PS-7
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic Slip-on / Ohlins
Cloud9blue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #29
TopDown
Lieutenant
 
TopDown's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435i Convertible
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 550
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
When the wife went to order her 335i in mid 2007, the SA told us that he would not be able to work the price because the car was in such high demand (at the time) because it was so new. However, after going through the order checklist, the SA chopped $1,200 off the price for "repeat customer".
__________________

Mine
F33 435i Convertible/M Sport
Hers F30 335i Sedan/Modern Line
TopDown is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 04:18 AM   #30
OnrKymn
Registered
 
Drives: E-93
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankara

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to OnrKymn
it is so unfare

it is soooo unfare i cant even look at this price list. just an exaple to let you figure out how expensive this BMW in turkey. 320d convertible for 80.000 EUros not the 330 or 335 just 320...
OnrKymn is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #31
Malbolge
Major General
 
Malbolge's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: EE

Posts: 5,229
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnrKymn View Post
it is soooo unfare i cant even look at this price list. just an exaple to let you figure out how expensive this BMW in turkey. 320d convertible for 80.000 EUros not the 330 or 335 just 320...
yeah man, us europeans can only stand and watch in 'awe' how americans complain about 'expensive' 328s and 335s.

Just small disclaimer: I think that BMW and others would be able to keep prices down by producing cars perhaps in US itself and not shipping them from germany... just a thought. America to me is a country where labour is cheap, living standard is high, consumer goods are very cheap, real estate prices have fallen a lot, and gas is half the price it is in europe. Yet it has STILL a very solid infrastructure standing and will stand for years to come. Great place to invest, really. Just deal with the bloody life sucking pension funds and trade unions.
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Malbolge is offline   Estonia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #32
stressdoc
Moderator
 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 YMB, 335 E90 ZSP+
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO

Posts: 10,033
iTrader: (0)

New pricing for 2009

BMW ANNOUNCES JANUARY 2009 PRICE ADJUSTMENT

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – December 22, 2008…BMW of North America, LLC announced today an average price increase of 0.7 percent for BMW vehicles sold in the U.S. effective January 1, 2009. This action is driven by the ongoing structural and economical changes in the market place. It will ensure revenue generation for the company’s U.S. operations and help to protect the quality of business.
Pricing for the new Advanced Diesel vehicles remain unchanged. The all new 335d and X5 xDrive35d were launched recently and have begun arriving at BMW Centers this month.
In addition, BMW announced pricing for the new 2009 7 Series that debuted recently at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. The base price for the 750i is $81,125 and the 750Li is 85,025 (including $825 for destination and handling). Both models began production in November and will arrive at BMW Centers in the spring.
See attached for new BMW pricing for model year 2009 vehicles.

New prices for 3-series:
2009 3 Series 328i Coupe $36,500 $825 $37,325
2009 328i xDrive Coupe $38,400 $825 $39,225
2009 335i Coupe $42,200 $825 $43,025
2009 335i xDrive Coupe $44,100 $825 $44,925
2009 M3 Coupe $57,850 $825 $58,675
2009 328i Sedan $33,600 $825 $34,425
2009 328i xDrive Sedan $35,600 $825 $36,425
2009 335d Sedan $43,900 $825 $44,725
2009 335i Sedan $40,300 $825 $41,125
2009 335i xDrive Sedan $42,300 $825 $43,125
2009 M3 Sedan $54,850 $825 $55,675
2009 328i Sports Wagon $35,400 $825 $36,225
2009 328i xDrive Sports Wagon $37,400 $825 $38,225
2009 328i Convertible $44,550 $825 $45,375
2009 335i Convertible $50,700 $825 $51,525
2009 M3 Convertible $66,500 $825 $67,325
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 081222_2009_bmw_msrp_jan_09.pdf (10.6 KB, 58 views)
stressdoc is offline   Dominica
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #33
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 8,865
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I'm not whinning....
The fact that all auto makers are not selling any cars period (in the USA)...they should discount them to attract buyers
a 335 is not "Cheap" here...you make it sound like everyone here drives a 335 like a toyota camry

its a different market




Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
surprised its not 5%. their margins in US are tanking.


I guess the ground is not BURNING under them YET. It\s mostly big 3 that are having deals anyway, plus toyota/honda. Germans would not start diluting their brands by giving cars away. You guys get BMWs in US at like 25 or 50% off from what some of us pay in Europe to begin with. So stop whining. You want deals - get a chrysler!
__________________
" Hey, your m235i is not a true M car"..."No shit, its a M Performance doe"

Last edited by ska///235i; 12-26-2008 at 06:52 PM.
ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #34
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Funny, in this economy they raise the price of the 335i's by $825 but then offer .9% financing and lease rates to get more sales.
Seems kind of retarded to me. Holding the price for 2009 would of seemed much more desirable and would of given people even more reason to consider getting a 2009.
As with pretty much everything in this economy, prices need to stay the same or go DOWN to increase sales, not up.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #35
Carrera RSR
Colonel
 
Carrera RSR's Avatar
 
Drives: E61 M Sport + 924 Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Location: Location:

Posts: 2,938
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Euro is getting stronger. US pay less for cars already compared the EU/UK. I bet the prices should have gone up more than they have but BMW will absorb as much as they can. Their margin will be hit but they are already producing 30% less cars due to less demand. In recession margin is king. Less cars sold means you need more profit per unit.

Get used to price increases. The economy is shit all round the world but it doesn't stop costs going up for manufacturers of all goods.
Carrera RSR is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #36
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
 
Kilgore Trout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E91
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Posts: 1,375
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
Euro is getting stronger. US pay less for cars already compared the EU/UK. I bet the prices should have gone up more than they have but BMW will absorb as much as they can. Their margin will be hit but they are already producing 30% less cars due to less demand. In recession margin is king. Less cars sold means you need more profit per unit.

Get used to price increases. The economy is shit all round the world but it doesn't stop costs going up for manufacturers of all goods.
Most of the price diff between Europe in here is driven by taxes and fees, not actual profit to BMW.
__________________
E91 Montego Blue gray leather burl walnut , Idrive, PDC, Logic7, CA, Sirius, xenons, 6FL, ZPP, heated seats, 17" tires.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Kilgore Trout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #37
E90330iS
Major General
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arcadia, California

Posts: 6,324
iTrader: (56)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to E90330iS Send a message via MSN to E90330iS Send a message via Skype™ to E90330iS
they always do this
__________________
1. E90 325i/328i/330i Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 76mm (Used for 30000 miles) $680 OBO
2. E90 M3 Jet Black Front Bumper $120 OBO
3. E90 M3 Style CF Trunk Spoiler $80 OBO
E90330iS is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #38
cycler
Major General
 
cycler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 8,067
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
yeah man, us europeans can only stand and watch in 'awe' how americans complain about 'expensive' 328s and 335s.

Just small disclaimer: I think that BMW and others would be able to keep prices down by producing cars perhaps in US itself and not shipping them from germany... just a thought. America to me is a country where labour is cheap, living standard is high, consumer goods are very cheap, real estate prices have fallen a lot, and gas is half the price it is in europe. Yet it has STILL a very solid infrastructure standing and will stand for years to come. Great place to invest, really. Just deal with the bloody life sucking pension funds and trade unions.
My friend sounds to me like there is a hostility in your voice. A sense of Jealousy. Let me ask you something and maybe this will make you understand why it is outr prices are so much lower for BMW's than what they cost in Europe. There are (and someone please correct me if I am wrong here) about 2 ships that come and deliver bmw to the US on a monthly basis. Total it is my understanding is 3000-5000 vehichles delivered to the US per month and it might be more but lets keep it at these #'s. On the high end that would mean 60,000 cars per year in the United States. which does not include the X5, X6, or Z4 (that was previously made in South Caroline). Did you ever think that maybe just maybe the reason the prices are so cheap was and is because the prices are based on volume. I mean if Germany buys 60K-70K bmws a year shouldnt prices be lower, or any other European country for that matter. The US imports probably 25% of BMW's products which would account for our lower pricing.

Our labor is not cheaper than anywhere in the world. Our gas prices are lower due to the fact that the US actually does pump its own oil yet chooses to import from OPEC probaly to suck everyone else dry and then resell our oil to everyone else at higher prices (just my theory). I dont hear you complaining about gas prices being exremely cheap in the middle east or in Venezuala. Remember one thing friend about the US economy and this is a medifore....."when the US sneezes the entire world catches a cold". This is now a global economy. We do not blame one another for any crisis because all investments are now coming from around the world and everyone knows the risks involved. Sorry just needed to vent
cycler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #39
cycler
Major General
 
cycler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 8,067
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Funny, in this economy they raise the price of the 335i's by $825 but then offer .9% financing and lease rates to get more sales.
Seems kind of retarded to me. Holding the price for 2009 would of seemed much more desirable and would of given people even more reason to consider getting a 2009.
As with pretty much everything in this economy, prices need to stay the same or go DOWN to increase sales, not up.
I can see why raising the 2009 prices were beneficial. There were lots of 2008 models left which needed to be sold. So raise 2009 prices to make 2008 prices much more attractive. Very good stratedy IMO. Hey Hassel BMW is leasing a 2008 M3 convertable for 770 a month with no money down except upfront fees like tax, first payment, bank fee and motorvehicle fees. Lease is for 36 months. Another M3 vert for $850 a month.
cycler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #40
jamesisel
Major
 
jamesisel's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin/ Tennessee

Posts: 1,035
iTrader: (0)

anyone know if this affects the military pricing?
__________________
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
jamesisel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #41
Johndoe
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 M3 sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

FX rate increasing BMW profits yet prices go UP???

think the new BMWNA president is getting too anxious to make a name for himself.......with a stronger dollar (ie. weaker Euro), BMW is now getting back more Euros for the same US$70K M3 or say US$45K 3 series, but the exchange rate boom is not enough for BMW,....let's ALSO increase prices......

I understand the S Carolina plant dynamic but frankly 3 series is BMW's bread and butter and they are all imported in US...so BMW needs to get a bit less greedy when the overall economy is in the shit can......
Johndoe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #42
lecatrache
Five Star General
 
lecatrache's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas

Posts: 775
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'm sooooo glad I bought my 2006 BMW 330i for under $45,000 including ZPP, ZSP and Navi, and that the car is just 22K miles old and running so well. Looks like a bargain now!
lecatrache is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #43
AcuraGuy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335 E92
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NorCal

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
My friend sounds to me like there is a hostility in your voice. A sense of Jealousy. Let me ask you something and maybe this will make you understand why it is outr prices are so much lower for BMW's than what they cost in Europe. There are (and someone please correct me if I am wrong here) about 2 ships that come and deliver bmw to the US on a monthly basis. Total it is my understanding is 3000-5000 vehichles delivered to the US per month and it might be more but lets keep it at these #'s. On the high end that would mean 60,000 cars per year in the United States. which does not include the X5, X6, or Z4 (that was previously made in South Caroline). Did you ever think that maybe just maybe the reason the prices are so cheap was and is because the prices are based on volume. I mean if Germany buys 60K-70K bmws a year shouldnt prices be lower, or any other European country for that matter. The US imports probably 25% of BMW's products which would account for our lower pricing.

Our labor is not cheaper than anywhere in the world. Our gas prices are lower due to the fact that the US actually does pump its own oil yet chooses to import from OPEC probaly to suck everyone else dry and then resell our oil to everyone else at higher prices (just my theory). I dont hear you complaining about gas prices being exremely cheap in the middle east or in Venezuala. Remember one thing friend about the US economy and this is a medifore....."when the US sneezes the entire world catches a cold". This is now a global economy. We do not blame one another for any crisis because all investments are now coming from around the world and everyone knows the risks involved. Sorry just needed to vent
Very well said. This is not directed to anyone here but just in general, I feel that people need to remember the basics of supply/demand and how the entire world is affected by another nation's problems, actions, consequences.
AcuraGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #44
mapezzul
Special Agent
 
mapezzul's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (1)

You all are missing the point here about complaining that BMW keeps raising prices. BMW is trying to DECREASE its sales/lease numbers, yes that is right decrease.

BMW in the past had subsidized cars and priced them low(er) to achieve economies of scale in order to make producing the cars cheaper. Early last year they realized the flaw in this mentality... by having SO MANY cars on the road it increases the supply of used vehicles, thus decreasing the used values and killing residuals.

BMW is trying to get back to a supply/demand equilibrium. Also by increasing new car pricing used cars begin to look like better options and demand rises once again driving up prices and thus residuals.

BMW as a whole no longer needs to sell as many cars to achieve economies of scale. They have signed purchasing agreements with other EU brands and combined forces to get parts on the cheap.

Unlike the Big 3 BMW has the ability to idle its plants, let go of some workers all without fear of the unions as economic downturn items are included in the agreements.

(What the US unions don't get is that if a company goes belly up all those workers lose jobs not just those cut to streamline the company.) I grew up in a union house and know how it works; I still think it is not in anyones best interest at times.

People also need to stop comparing prices in the US to those in other countries, you can not do a dollar to euro (or whatever) conversion that is not how economics works. Even though the dollar is worth "less" than the Euro the dollar has significantly more purchasing power, the dollar goes a lot further. The easiest way to understand this is the Big Mac Index by the Economist
I can by a Coke here for $1.25 per liter - In Germany I can buy a Coke for 2 Euro for a .5L, we get more bang for the buck it is that simple.

BMWs 3 series sedans sold in the US are made in South Africa unless otherwise specified, this includes both engines so for the vast majority of cars sold here BMW is naturally hedged. They know what they are doing and have already hunkered down to weather this storm.

The systematic price increases are there to help the brand, if it prices people out, then maybe they should not have been shopping a BMW to begin with b/c if $300 is going to break a deal then there is an issue.

Best of luck!
mapezzul is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST