E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Two things - 335i Lease Assumption - VW GTI Lease Assumption

03-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
valdeztke
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 GTI

Morning fellas,

Well this morning while doing my normal routine of digging through craigslist in hopes of finding something I can buy that I don't need I came across this ad:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1057371600.html

Quote:
I'm looking for someone to take over a lease on my 2007 BMW 335i (300hp V6 Twin Turbo - Fully Loaded with ALL packages and Navigation) for a period of either 2 or 3 months. You could start in April or May and run the lease out to its end on July 14, 2009. The lease will have approximately 5000 miles left on it in April. The cost would just be my current monthly payments. Since the lease is less than 6 months from its end, BMW will not perform a lease assumption transfer, so I would still take care of turning the lease into BMW in July. Car is still under full warranty (head to toe), so all you have to do is put gas in it.

This is a fantastic opportunity to drive a GREAT car for a few months. Please email for more details if interested. Serious inquiries only!
It seems like a great chance for someone to step into a 335i this summer and enjoy it - then nicely hand it back to BMW/Lease Owner and thank them. Just a thought.

I also have decided rather than sell my GTI I'd offer it up to a caring car lover for the remaining lease. If you've never driven a 2.0 GTI they are fun little cars not E92 335i fun....but still fun nonetheless!

The details on my car are as follows:

Lease ends DEC 09
Current monthly payment is $366.00 a month (not including the Fairfax county tax that comes at the end of the year - Boooo).
Total mileage for lease is 20,000.

I believe there are 9 payments (or will be after Mar 12) left and 14,000 miles. So for $3,200 you could drive this car 1,500 miles a month until Dec 09.
The only "issue" with VW is they do not do lease assumptions (BMW has a GREAT program for this as this was my last car I leased). I believe US Bank would do the lease transfer - just so long as you maintain full coverage insurance on the car it doesn't really matter to be honest.

Please let me know if you are interested in seeing/driving the vehicle.

So if you guys know anyone looking to jump into a short term lease I think both of there cars are great.

Ciao!

Juan
      03-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
Spool

Drives: A few

so how does that work, you give the owner cash for it? what about registration insurance and all that, seems not worth it for 2-3 months

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Spool is offline   Vietnam
      03-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Highflyr
Captain

Drives: 08 335i E90

Send a message via AIM to Highflyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
so how does that work, you give the owner cash for it? what about registration insurance and all that, seems not worth it for 2-3 months
+1
Highflyr is offline   United_States