E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Are these muffles any good?

03-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
exidisjon
PuffPuffPass

Drives: E92 335xi AW/Saddle

Are these muffles any good?

I was at a friends shop today and he had two of the magnaflow mufflers laying around and offered then both + welding for $350. Is it a decent price?
I was thinking of getting just tips but if i can benefit anything from this muffler i would like to get this. Also would this even fit the car? He said it shouldnt be a problem. After he installs the muffler i need to bring it to get the stock bumper cut and put a diffsuer. Also what diffuser would fit this?
They looked pretty decent but heavy and tips looked same if not slight smaller than the single stock ones..Will these tits look too big on the car?
Would i benefit anything for getting these over just quad tips as in performance??

Thank you.
Not sure if these are it but looks like it.

exidisjon is offline   South Korea
      03-26-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
chrisE92
Brigadier General

Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by exidisjon View Post
Will these tits look too big on the car?
lol
      03-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
danniexi
Colonel

Drives: 2008 AW E92 335xi

In terms of performance, you wonít be getting much from just changing the mufflers. Most of the restriction is found in the primary cats (replace with downpipes), the secondary cats (replace with cat delete pipes), and the crushed mid pipes (from the secondary cats to mufflers). If you are only going for looks, then Iíd keep the stock mufflers and change out the tips. If you want to take advantage of a better sound, then go with the mufflers. Iím not sure of the exact dimensions of the mufflers, but Iím sure any exhaust shop can fabricate the fitment. Mr.5 has already done a custom exhaust using Magnaflow mufflers here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1131878

Now in terms of fitting quads, there are only two options. First, if youíre going to keep the rear stock, then Iíd get a body shop to cut the rear to fit the quad tips. Then, get a diffuser to keep the look clean. Leaving the cut exposed will look pretty bad. The Hamann diffuser is the best way to go:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178990

Obviously, the other option is to buy an m-tech rear and then purchasing a quad diffuser. Many have done this and itís most likely the cleanest approach.
danniexi is offline   South Korea
      03-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Joonsup
Lieutenant General

Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to Joonsup
one of those would fit nicely in my e30. gimme one! j/k
Joonsup is offline   South Korea