E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2009 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix (Melbourne)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #111
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
6
Rep
386
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Why so many here are blaming Kubica is beyond me?
It seems the general consensus is that Vettel was definitely in the wrong but Kubica could've done better to avoid the indicent.

Kubica had the much quicker car & Vettel was clearly struggling for grip. A more sensible head would've given Vettel more room & then, assuming Vettel stayed on the track, pass him at the next corner.

.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #112
gtaday51
gone but not forgotten
gtaday51's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
986
Posts

 
Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Big Apple

iTrader: (0)

I just watched the GP on my Tivo. OMG I was really pissed about that collision on the 3 to last lap. I hope Bimmer can pull themselves together and do well in the comming races. Brawn GP surprised me tho. Congrats to them.
__________________
Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail me now.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #113
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
217
Posts

 
Drives: 535xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I agree. Kubica had time and tried to push the issue. He was barely past Vettel and then cut the corner, leaving nowhere for Vettel to go. Still it was a racing accident and penalizing Vettel is wrong. It isn't like Vettel came screaming up the inside at turn one and couldn't stop. Kubica came around the outside and then cut across Vettel's front. Maybe Vettel should have braked earlier, but that's racing. It cost Vettel one podium already. Taking another out of his reach is going too far.
+1

It was a very good race, but I was a bit disappointed by the antics and penalties at the end. Congrats to Brawn GP, it's nice to see that Virgin label in F1. The fresh money will go a long way this year.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #114
N54YO
Lieutenant
N54YO's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
423
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335/2005 Scion tC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Leandro, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to N54YO
Do you guys know a site that I can torrent the race from? and for future F1 races, which sites can I use? Thanks in advance.
__________________

2008 BMW E92 335i
Sparkling Graphite/Coral Red/Grey Poplar
Sport/Navi/Premium/Comfort/iPod/6-Speed Manual
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #115
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
155
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Only one thing to say about the race, KERS will make 2009 an exciting season.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #116
niwad25
Lieutenant
niwad25's Avatar
Australia
11
Rep
483
Posts

 
Drives: 320i 325i 530d 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surabaya & Sydney

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Only one thing to say about the race, KERS will make 2009 an exciting season.
+1

hamilton is one of the racers who use KERS, & on the last GP he started from behind & finish on 4th!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #117
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54YO View Post
Do you guys know a site that I can torrent the race from? and for future F1 races, which sites can I use? Thanks in advance.
While the race is happening, go to justin.tv, and start looking @ the sports "channels".

As far as a torrent goes, I can't help ya there, wish I could.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #118
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwnwong View Post
+1

hamilton is one of the racers who use KERS, & on the last GP he started from behind & finish on 4th!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Only one thing to say about the race, KERS will make 2009 an exciting season.
i think the race got more excited due to the reduced aerodynamics (less "dirty air" from the back of the car) and two different tires (medium and super soft)....into the race...this got cars much closer to eachother and overtake when the chances present itself....

mind you.....despite the accident...Kubica doesn't have KERS on his car...its just pure old fashion piston engine at work....and he's getting to the point of challenging Button......
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #119
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54YO View Post
Do you guys know a site that I can torrent the race from? and for future F1 races, which sites can I use? Thanks in advance.
Edit: Thought I had grabbed the torrent, but it was just a teaser...ARGH!!!!
__________________

Last edited by xbook; 03-30-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #120
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
i think the race got more excited due to the reduced aerodynamics (less "dirty air" from the back of the car) and two different tires (medium and super soft)....into the race...this got cars much closer to eachother and overtake when the chances present itself....

mind you.....despite the accident...Kubica doesn't have KERS on his car...its just pure old fashion piston engine at work....and he's getting to the point of challenging Button......
Yeah big time. The new aero rules really allowed the racing to be really close. And as Barrichelo can atest, maybe a little too close at times

All around great race. Just can't wait for the next one.

And best part of this season for me, is that my girlfriend is really getting into F1 now. She first started paying attention last year. Another website we go to has an F1 pool. Nothing like gambling to get my chick into something And now she is getting into it pretty hard core. Last night during dinner we had a lil' debate about KERS. Mmmmm, that's some good stuff, debating the merits of F1 tech with your chick
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #121
dcstep
Major General
United_States
65
Rep
5,036
Posts

 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Well, what was the impact of KERS?? I watched qualifying and the race and couldn't see any clear correlation. It'd be great to see a graphic of someone overtaking and turning KERS on and off. I assume that those that had it, used it, in qualifying and to pass, yet on light fuel in Q2 all the first several cars were incredibly close together in times.

Given that it has the potential to kill a corner worker or crew member, I'm not so sure that KERS is ready for prime time. They also need a way to showcase it, so that we'd know when it's available and when it's in use or not.

Despite my confusion about KERS and some bone headed driving in the BMW camp, the Brawn/Virgin/Button/Barachello story was fantastic.

Dave
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #122
N54YO
Lieutenant
N54YO's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
423
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335/2005 Scion tC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Leandro, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to N54YO
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
While the race is happening, go to justin.tv, and start looking @ the sports "channels".

As far as a torrent goes, I can't help ya there, wish I could.
Thanks a lot man. I'll be sure to try and catch the next race. And I'll let you guys know if I can find a torrent site for F1.
__________________

2008 BMW E92 335i
Sparkling Graphite/Coral Red/Grey Poplar
Sport/Navi/Premium/Comfort/iPod/6-Speed Manual
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #123
phrozen06
NA V8
phrozen06's Avatar
28
Rep
1,553
Posts

 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas

iTrader: (2)

Im just glad the usual suspects weren't on the podium
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #124
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Im just glad the usual suspects weren't on the podium


lots of Mecca and Ferrari fans are crying....

actually....good to see a team almost non-exist won.....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #125
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
6
Rep
386
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Well, what was the impact of KERS?? I watched qualifying and the race and couldn't see any clear correlation. It'd be great to see a graphic of someone overtaking and turning KERS on and off. I assume that those that had it, used it, in qualifying and to pass, yet on light fuel in Q2 all the first several cars were incredibly close together in times.

Given that it has the potential to kill a corner worker or crew member, I'm not so sure that KERS is ready for prime time. They also need a way to showcase it, so that we'd know when it's available and when it's in use or not.

Despite my confusion about KERS and some bone headed driving in the BMW camp, the Brawn/Virgin/Button/Barachello story was fantastic.

Dave
We didn't really get to see as much of it as we wanted but, during the race, the on-board shots had a KERS graphic next to the revs/acceleration/braking graphics.

Would be nice for it to be more obvious... maybe a LED array on top of the car (viewers would see it but other drivers wont so much).

KERS use was more obvious when a KERS car approached a non-KERS car or vice versa.

Hamilton, in a inferior car, passing Glock was a good example of KERS use to aid overtaking, whilst Glock, in a superior car, being unable to pass Alonso, was a good example of KERS use in defending a position.

Another impact KERS had on the race, which wasn't quite as obvious, was the effect it had regarding tire wear. Using KERS off the line at the start, carrying the extra KERS weight (approx. 40kg) & the extra 80 bhp 'kick' whenever KERS was engaged no doubt conributed to the tire wear people like Ferrari were suffering on the softs.

.

Last edited by VFX; 03-30-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #126
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
6
Rep
386
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post


lots of Mecca and Ferrari fans are crying....

actually....good to see a team almost non-exist won.....
I've been a Macca fan since the Lauda days, but no tears from me. Maybe it we had a driver pairing I actually liked I care more!

Instead we have a overblown ego & a hapless Finn.

.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #127
Lucid4000
Major
Lucid4000's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,191
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AW Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC!!

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i Sport  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Lucid4000
I have to agree that it was a very interesting race. Even being a ferrari fan. Yes I was a little disappointed but with the new regulations. This is going to be a very interesting season. These car are real fast also. They are doing what schumi was doing in 04'
__________________

Mobile Addictions
718.877.7700 or info@mobile-addictions.com
www.mobile-addictions.com
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #128
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid4000 View Post
I have to agree that it was a very interesting race. Even being a ferrari fan. Yes I was a little disappointed but with the new regulations. This is going to be a very interesting season. These car are real fast also. They are doing what schumi was doing in 04'
the FIA tried so many ways to "slow down" Formula 1 cars...but lap times arn't any slower...and everyone is closer and almost everyone have a chance to win....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #129
MontegoblueE92
Captain
MontegoblueE92's Avatar
20
Rep
958
Posts

 
Drives: It Like He Stole It
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: M-Town

iTrader: (0)

So Trulli was penalized 25 seconds for passing Hamilton while the safety car was out so he was removed from the podium. Hamilton is now in 3rd. Hopefully Kubica will be able to hand it to them in Sepang, he definitely deserved 8 points in this race.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #130
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
So Trulli was penalized 25 seconds for passing Hamilton while the safety car was out so he was removed from the podium. Hamilton is now in 3rd. Hopefully Kubica will be able to hand it to them in Sepang, he definitely deserved 8 points in this race.
I am very confused by the Trulli passing Hamilton situation. Yes Trulli passed him, but it has been reported that the McLaren team told Hammy, over the radio, to let him by. If that is the case, then the penalty imposed upon Trulli seems a little odd.

More Info (click me)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 09:38 AM   #131
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
So Trulli was penalized 25 seconds for passing Hamilton while the safety car was out so he was removed from the podium. Hamilton is now in 3rd. Hopefully Kubica will be able to hand it to them in Sepang, he definitely deserved 8 points in this race.
he deserved the 8 pts until his impatience cost him the podium....in some point of the race...u gotta know ur limit and ur opponent....vettel is a racer and he wun back down....he could've wait till later in the lap to overtake him....the BMW has a better pace as well as better tires....Kubica knows and could've wait for the next corner or somewat....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #132
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
he deserved the 8 pts until his impatience cost him the podium....in some point of the race...u gotta know ur limit and ur opponent....vettel is a racer and he wun back down....he could've wait till later in the lap to overtake him....the BMW has a better pace as well as better tires....Kubica knows and could've wait for the next corner or somewat....
Agreed
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST