E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > More than 300 km/h for a 335i from France



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #23
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Kensta335's Avatar
48
Rep
3,634
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

iTrader: (4)

oh snap!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #24
oddjob2021
ASR Turbos+LSD+Meth= :D
oddjob2021's Avatar
23
Rep
1,517
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonf92 View Post
The final drive for the manual (mine) is 2.68 (for wheels 17")

But we are limited in top Speed with some parameters like Scx, vehicle mass, ...
I did the calculation and the top speed for some powers and the result is :
306 HP -> 286.6 km/h
360 HP -> 303.5 km/h
380 HP -> 309.3 km/h
The last final power is closer to reality.

So we can do even a little better with this MRC ...



The latest report on the auto box is very long (2.39) ...
all of your information looks very good and real, its just that ive seen a similar graph with the auto having a thoretical top speed of 17x and the manual at 199.

in our manuals, we shift at 40, 70, 110, 140 and so on...

my freind has an automatic, he shifts his 3rd at 100, so his 4th is less than 140 and every gear is the same, less than the manual's shift point. If the auto had a 7th gear I would say you're right...

I'm not sure where you're getting this info, but no offense to you sir, I believe it is not correct.

BUT again, awesome job filming it, we all enjoyed it the speed reguardless.
__________________

2007 335i Coupe
Mods: Check the Garage
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #25
Soni
Major General
Soni's Avatar
Canada
99
Rep
8,377
Posts

 
Drives: Just a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CANADA eh!

iTrader: (35)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [4.50]
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #26
SoCali E36
OOOOWEEEEE!
SoCali E36's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
3,077
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 E36 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the road takes me...

iTrader: (10)

if my car could go that fast id put up a video too. to bad it tops out at 155
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #27
adonf92
-------
France
1
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E92
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: France - Paris

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob2021 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonf92 View Post
The final drive for the manual (mine) is 2.68 (for wheels 17")

But we are limited in top Speed with some parameters like Scx, vehicle mass, ...
I did the calculation and the top speed for some powers and the result is :
306 HP -> 286.6 km/h
360 HP -> 303.5 km/h
380 HP -> 309.3 km/h
The last final power is closer to reality.

So we can do even a little better with this MRC ...

The latest report on the auto box is very long (2.39) ...
all of your information looks very good and real, its just that ive seen a similar graph with the auto having a thoretical top speed of 17x and the manual at 199.

in our manuals, we shift at 40, 70, 110, 140 and so on...
We agree.
The gears for the manual are 4.06 / 2.40 / 1.58 / 1.19 / 1.00 / 0.87 and the axle ratio is 3.08

If you see the graph, the shifts for a manual (@7150, with wheels 17") are :
1 : 9.6 * 7.15 = 68.6 km/h = 42.7 mph <----
2 : 16.23 * 7.15 = 116.0 km/h = 72.1 mph <----
3 : 24.66 * 7.15 = 176.3 km/h = 109.6 mph <----
4 : 32.74 * 7.15 = 234.1 km/h = 145.5 mph
5 : 38.96 * 7.15 = 278.6 km/h = 173.1 mph
6 : 44.78 * 7.15 = 320.2 km/h = 199.0 mph <----
But in 6 the speed of 199 mph is impossible to achieve with only 306 HP.
The calculation shows that power should be of 419 HP (with SCx 0.68 and mass 1720 Kg) !

Warning ! I stress that these calculations were made with the wheels of origin (8Jx17).

Quote:
my freind has an automatic, he shifts his 3rd at 100, so his 4th is less than 140 and every gear is the same, less than the manual's shift point. If the auto had a 7th gear I would say you're right...
Again we agree.
With the automatic, the gears are the same as the 335d :
4.17 / 2.34 / 1.52 / 1.14 / 0.87 / 0.69
but the axle ratio is different : 3.46 (2.81 with the 335d)

So we have :
1 : 8.32 * 7.15 = 59.5 km/h = 37.0 mph
2 : 14.82 * 7.15 = 106.0 km/h = 65.8 mph
3 : 22.82 * 7.15 = 163.2 km/h = 101.4 mph <----
4 : 30.42 * 7.15 = 217.5 km/h = 135.2 mph
5 : 39.86 * 7.15 = 285.0 km/h = 177.1 mph
6 : 50.26 * 7.15 = 359.4 km/h = 223.3 mph
Again, it is not possible to achieve this speed of 223 !!

Quote:
[I'm not sure where you're getting this info, but no offense to you sir, I believe it is not correct.
See the attached JPEG and PDF files that provides some features for the E92 in Europe
The only missing information is the axle ratio of 3.46 for the automatic. I can not find the source of this particular information.

Quote:
BUT again, awesome job filming it, we all enjoyed it the speed reguardless.
Thanks
Attached Images
 
Attached Images
File Type: pdf extrait.pdf (144.4 KB, 71 views)
__________________
BMW 335i MRC
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #28
Patman
Lieutenant
Patman's Avatar
Switzerland
11
Rep
422
Posts

 
Drives: E91 Touring 320d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tavannes, Switzerland

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via ICQ to Patman Send a message via MSN to Patman
you will be catched by the police, like the guy with the Scenic.

Attention l'ami
__________________
E70 X5 35d & E91 320d Touring (2010) - Alpine White III - Sport & Performance
Matte Black M5 replica (made in Italy) | KW V2 coilovers | Matte Black Headlights | BMW Performance front bumper | QUAD exhaust tips | Engine Remap 213HP/487Nm (stock 177HP/390Nm)
Remember my old SG E91 ...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #29
adonf92
-------
France
1
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E92
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: France - Paris

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
you will be catched by the police, like the guy with the Scenic.

Attention l'ami
Valentine One is my friend
__________________
BMW 335i MRC
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #30
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Evo8MRto335I's Avatar
Spain
14
Rep
968
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson

iTrader: (1)

Insane video. Thnaks for posting.
__________________
2009' C63 AMG, 2011' C300
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #31
kuvesh
Lieutenant
kuvesh's Avatar
Singapore
13
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i juiced
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

iTrader: (1)

aren't we limited at 255 km/hr???
__________________

HAMANN FRONT APRON, SIDES, ROOF SPOILER & QUAD DIFFUSER | VORSTEINER VRS TRUNK | CSC3 ON 19 ADVAN RS | BREMBO GT BBK | BASTUCK QUAD | KW V2 | JB3 v1.3s beta | BMW PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL | M3 SIDE MIRRORS | M5 SMG SHIFT KNOB | BLACKOUT GRILLS | PARTIALLY SMOKED LIGHTS | WINDOW TINT
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #32
.:bHd:.
Major
.:bHd:.'s Avatar
Armenia
70
Rep
1,149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

wowww you chirp going into 3rd gear?? sick video! how stable was the car at those speeds?
__________________

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 02:36 AM   #33
adonf92
-------
France
1
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E92
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: France - Paris

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvesh View Post
aren't we limited at 255 km/hr???
What do you mean ?
With speed-limit you are limited
Without speed-limit and the power of origin the speed is near 287 km/h = 178 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
wowww you chirp going into 3rd gear?? sick video! how stable was the car at those speeds?
Very stable but with vibrations. It is not a Veyron
__________________
BMW 335i MRC
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #34
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
48
Rep
3,683
Posts

 
Drives: F82 ///M
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern/N.J

iTrader: (9)

WOW!!!
__________________
///M
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335i, mrc, video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST