E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > KW Variant 1 now available for xi models

03-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #67
TunasBMW
Private

Drives: e92xi

I just got hooked up with the V1s by Andy @ Sonic MS. Hit them up for the best deals on these bad boys. They are KW authorised. Mine should be coming in a week and half or so...
      03-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #68
ModBargains.com
Banned

Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllydNYC View Post
I'm thinking about going with the V3, I'm looking for just a little drop but want a good upgrade in handling and stiff as hell, I could care less about ride quality as long as I can carve those corners.

How much for a handling upgrade will the V3's be compared to my standard sport suspension as this is my next mod on my list?
Well both of them will be a major upgrade - the V3 will give you the ability to tune it to your own specification instead of the preset one that KW felt you should go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
i'm sure they are not selling like crazy at this price so if we just wait it out for the inventory clearance maybe we'll get a decent discount
They are just being released you think an inventory clearance is already coming on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humtek View Post
Just received my KWv3's! Thanks Ron! Got my weekend planned, with a full alignment set for Monday.
You are welcome Glad to help you out.
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States
      04-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #69
adr1974
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 335i E90 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunasBMW View Post
I just got hooked up with the V1s by Andy @ Sonic MS. Hit them up for the best deals on these bad boys. They are KW authorised. Mine should be coming in a week and half or so...
I'm getting pretty pumped for your in-depth review, tuna.
      04-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #70
TunasBMW
Private

No in depth review as the day after i got them put on, I got hit in the rear and pushed into the car in front of me while stopped. So instead of a nice and shiny car wash, I got some extras during this trip and will be needing two new bumpers and a hood.

I can say it achieved what i wanted, the look of an "i". For the hour I had it, I also think the car had a bit more of a bounce than stock. Supposedly, I'm getting the car back in two weeks or so and will give you some feedback once I drive it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr1974 View Post
I'm getting pretty pumped for your in-depth review, tuna.
      04-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #71
Humtek
Vishnu Powered

Drives: 335xi, S1000RR

Are the v1's setup pretty close to the v3 recommended settings?
      04-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #72
ska///235i
***** noob

Drives: M235i

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
sorry to hear that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunasBMW View Post
No in depth review as the day after i got them put on, I got hit in the rear and pushed into the car in front of me while stopped. So instead of a nice and shiny car wash, I got some extras during this trip and will be needing two new bumpers and a hood.

I can say it achieved what i wanted, the look of an "i". For the hour I had it, I also think the car had a bit more of a bounce than stock. Supposedly, I'm getting the car back in two weeks or so and will give you some feedback once I drive it more.
ska///235i is offline   United_States
      04-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #73
TunasBMW
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
sorry to hear that...
thanks, now on top of that state farm is trying to put some used parts on my car to get it fixed even though it's sitting at a BMW dealership. something about company policy.

Humtek - i'm not sure what the preferred setting is for the v3 but from what i understand, there's not much to the v1 besides setting the ride height. havent really driven it, but for the hour i did on the highway (and i'm no track star), it felt much more planted to the ground and i felt like i had more control of the vehicle. i always cringed when i'd go around the corner and hit a bump before...maybe a question for KW?