E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > challenger srt8 vs. e92 335i



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #45
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
2
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybajwa View Post
hahaaha guys he pussied out i just talked to him and he was like..."ur car is impressive ive done some research i underestimated it" and i was like u wanna still run and he was like "nah whats the point ull definetly beat me i was JUST MESSING" hahaha man best feeling in the world to win without even racing...but still curious to see by how much so i might try to mess with one on the road now for fun
thanks for the input though
smart kid-finally. But I say it again, don't be too confident. If you pick on one on the freeway and its stock--well--your not, so again you will win. But if you were-you would lose. On the same point--if it is modded--depending on the mods-it may be good race. Tehre are lots of mid to low 12s srt8s out there and even plenty in the elevens. You werecomparing stock to modded--not your fault--some dumb/cocky kid called you out.
stock-the srt8 and 335 are bout a dead heat in the 1/4 mile--anything longer or a roll race--srt wins. Trust me
__________________
2013550Xi msport white
335xi-JB3, UR DPs, code-3 fmic, BMS filter,borla catback,11.96@116
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #46
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
2
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader View Post
Curious Mike... Maybe because at track only 13.1 at 108mph...not very impressive...

anyway my friend have a Challenger srt8...I will try with him very soon on the highway. 30-145, 60-145 and 100-145. I will speak about the results here.

Oh and for info...against the viper the race is neck to neck 65-115 and I pull 1 1/2 car on him after that (I stop at 145 because limiter) But see the face driver of Viper... The guys is very confused...

A+


**Mike UR DP come this week...**
can't wait to see what up do with the Downpieps--its the biggest thing in my opinion after the tune. I am positive you will be in the elevens too!

Yeah--when you see an srt8 at the track they don't look all that impressive in stock form--like you say-the one you saw ran 13.1 at 108. Just remember thats a 4300 lb. car--that has to be feathered on the launch without DRs--and your and my car when stock-run around 13.4-13.6 stock at 105.

SRT8 owners can go on the internet and order a diablo handheld tuner for $350, and in 5 munutes tune their car. Now that same car will run 12.7-12.8-or low to mid 12s on Drag Radials. But what the tuner really does is remove the huge amounts of factory torque mnagement that comes in those cars.

they can get a cam ($500) tune on a dyno with diablo ($800) and exhaust ($1000) and now they are 440-450 to the rear wheels and will run low 12s all day on street tires.

All I am saying is be careful the comparisons when we are all running tunes--JB3 makes your car somewhere around 370-400 to the wheels with race gas. and people always want to compare that to a STOCK srt8 (375-382 rwhp) which weighs 500 lbs more than our cars. Compare apples to apples. Stock to stock--the srt8s will hang with us and beat us on the longer roll races.

The original poster didn't do anything wrong--got called out by a cocky kid that doesn' know jack about cars.

By the way--if your friend in the challenger races you like you say--roll races--you wil still beat him. but thats because your modded and he is not.

Let me know how it turns out..
__________________
2013550Xi msport white
335xi-JB3, UR DPs, code-3 fmic, BMS filter,borla catback,11.96@116
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #47
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Spydeputy's Avatar
Germany
49
Rep
3,176
Posts

Drives: 2012,E92,335is/2008,E90,335xi
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Harford County, Maryland

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
2012 335is  [1.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Spydeputy
ride captain ride, and watch him in your mirror.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #48
5soko
Brigadier General
5soko's Avatar
85
Rep
4,243
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (4)

People have become scared when you mention Jb3 in the same sentence as your 335i rofl
__________________
Current: ///M5 LCI with Evolve and RPi mods
Previous: E92 335i ||| '10 FBO Heavy modded E90 LCI M-Sport 335i N54
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #49
BobVader
Lieutenant
BobVader's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 335xi sedan 2008
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
can't wait to see what up do with the Downpieps--its the biggest thing in my opinion after the tune. I am positive you will be in the elevens too!

Yeah--when you see an srt8 at the track they don't look all that impressive in stock form--like you say-the one you saw ran 13.1 at 108. Just remember thats a 4300 lb. car--that has to be feathered on the launch without DRs--and your and my car when stock-run around 13.4-13.6 stock at 105.

SRT8 owners can go on the internet and order a diablo handheld tuner for $350, and in 5 munutes tune their car. Now that same car will run 12.7-12.8-or low to mid 12s on Drag Radials. But what the tuner really does is remove the huge amounts of factory torque mnagement that comes in those cars.

they can get a cam ($500) tune on a dyno with diablo ($800) and exhaust ($1000) and now they are 440-450 to the rear wheels and will run low 12s all day on street tires.

All I am saying is be careful the comparisons when we are all running tunes--JB3 makes your car somewhere around 370-400 to the wheels with race gas. and people always want to compare that to a STOCK srt8 (375-382 rwhp) which weighs 500 lbs more than our cars. Compare apples to apples. Stock to stock--the srt8s will hang with us and beat us on the longer roll races.

The original poster didn't do anything wrong--got called out by a cocky kid that doesn' know jack about cars.

By the way--if your friend in the challenger races you like you say--roll races--you wil still beat him. but thats because your modded and he is not.

Let me know how it turns out..


yes SRT8 weight 4300lbs...but XI's is not a light weight to..3960lbs with me inside + drivetrain AWD

A+

I had installed 1.3 rev3 since 15 minutes..I will go make some test today
on highway... I hope is a bit better than 1.22
__________________
'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB3 2.0|Unlocked 18ohm Board|BMS Meth Kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP |BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|Helix fmic|CDV|H&R coilover| 10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, 11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph at 10.18
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #50
GGreek5
Olimpiakos
GGreek5's Avatar
Greece
26
Rep
1,380
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mass

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
can't wait to see what up do with the Downpieps--its the biggest thing in my opinion after the tune. I am positive you will be in the elevens too!

Yeah--when you see an srt8 at the track they don't look all that impressive in stock form--like you say-the one you saw ran 13.1 at 108. Just remember thats a 4300 lb. car--that has to be feathered on the launch without DRs--and your and my car when stock-run around 13.4-13.6 stock at 105.

SRT8 owners can go on the internet and order a diablo handheld tuner for $350, and in 5 munutes tune their car. Now that same car will run 12.7-12.8-or low to mid 12s on Drag Radials. But what the tuner really does is remove the huge amounts of factory torque mnagement that comes in those cars.

they can get a cam ($500) tune on a dyno with diablo ($800) and exhaust ($1000) and now they are 440-450 to the rear wheels and will run low 12s all day on street tires.

All I am saying is be careful the comparisons when we are all running tunes--JB3 makes your car somewhere around 370-400 to the wheels with race gas. and people always want to compare that to a STOCK srt8 (375-382 rwhp) which weighs 500 lbs more than our cars. Compare apples to apples. Stock to stock--the srt8s will hang with us and beat us on the longer roll races.

The original poster didn't do anything wrong--got called out by a cocky kid that doesn' know jack about cars.

By the way--if your friend in the challenger races you like you say--roll races--you wil still beat him. but thats because your modded and he is not.

Let me know how it turns out..


Srt-8's are no joke from a highway roll. I have posted a run on here against my buddy with a 300c Srt8. He traps 115 all day with a tune, stall converter, and exhaust. He had 4 people in the car, against me and 1 other person when I was beta testing the Jb3 last year. Lets just say I was shocked at the results. By the time I was almost even with him, we where closing in on 140mph.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #51
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
2
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader View Post
yes SRT8 weight 4300lbs...but XI's is not a light weight to..3960lbs with me inside + drivetrain AWD

A+

I had installed 1.3 rev3 since 15 minutes..I will go make some test today
on highway... I hope is a bit better than 1.22
wow--let me know how it goes. I havn't added the 1.3 yet but I intend to. They sure are getting nice results with it in the RWD 335.
__________________
2013550Xi msport white
335xi-JB3, UR DPs, code-3 fmic, BMS filter,borla catback,11.96@116
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #52
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
2
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGreek5 View Post
Srt-8's are no joke from a highway roll. I have posted a run on here against my buddy with a 300c Srt8. He traps 115 all day with a tune, stall converter, and exhaust. He had 4 people in the car, against me and 1 other person when I was beta testing the Jb3 last year. Lets just say I was shocked at the results. By the time I was almost even with him, we where closing in on 140mph.
thanks for the honesty--the stall converter really changes the SRT8s launch ability--they can load em up. I have one in my heavily modified 300C and I can run 0-60s in the 4.1-4.3 range.

Your results are like mine--my 335Xi from a 50-120 roll, with JB3 and downpipes, dead even with my tuned srt8. Now--in map 7 or 8--with race fuel--the 335Xi pulls a little. but in map 6 or less-even to about 120--then the srt8 pulls--it is wicked strong from 100-150.
__________________
2013550Xi msport white
335xi-JB3, UR DPs, code-3 fmic, BMS filter,borla catback,11.96@116
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #53
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
2
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko335i View Post
People have become scared when you mention Jb3 in the same sentence as your 335i rofl

you said it bro---I was at Milan dragway wednesday night--just goofin around and running some 1/4s. pulled right of the street and ran a casual 12.26 @116. Trailblazer guy, Vette, GTO, Cobra..and several others walked up and said "nice ride dude--your running a Juice Box aren't you".
__________________
2013550Xi msport white
335xi-JB3, UR DPs, code-3 fmic, BMS filter,borla catback,11.96@116
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #54
Zeph
Major
United_States
16
Rep
1,410
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeast USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Zeph Send a message via Yahoo to Zeph
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
you said it bro---I was at Milan dragway wednesday night--just goofin around and running some 1/4s. pulled right of the street and ran a casual 12.26 @116. Trailblazer guy, Vette, GTO, Cobra..and several others walked up and said "nice ride dude--your running a Juice Box aren't you".
It is funny, but you are SOO right. I was at the track and I hadn't even run yet, just sitting in line. I had tons of people come up all grinning and excited asking if I had "the juicebox" installed. They seemed sad that I didn't...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #55
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
CONSTRUCTauto.com's Avatar
65
Rep
1,436
Posts

Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (13)

Mine and my dads car. I'm running proceede v3 Rev II, DCI, and Air Scoops. 9.5s in the back *tires*.
He's Stock, and we're both automatic. He's still breaking his in since he got it last week, but it's slow... It's heavy... and it's fat... But when we roll together everyone looks at his first since it's red
Either way, he doesn't stand a chance against me.. Every time we have a go, I boss hogg him.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #56
ianthegreat
Colonel
ianthegreat's Avatar
34
Rep
2,314
Posts

Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvietness View Post
hotrod you don't count...your car is ridiculous lol
from a roll i dont think his car is much different from anyone else.. on the other hand 1/4 mile runs take practice
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #57
BobVader
Lieutenant
BobVader's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 335xi sedan 2008
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
wow--let me know how it goes. I havn't added the 1.3 yet but I intend to. They sure are getting nice results with it in the RWD 335.


I come back from highway.

I have test map 7 only on 94oct. Car pull very very well. No limp.

My opinion: sure we have more low end torque 2500-4000 rpm. The car pull more hard and no lag. After 4000rpm...seem to be the same power...maybe a bit better. I'm very happy...no limp with 94oct...because is my daily map.

next week test with vp109, DP and map 8. For break 11's

For info temp: sunny and 45 deg. here at Montreal
__________________
'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB3 2.0|Unlocked 18ohm Board|BMS Meth Kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP |BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|Helix fmic|CDV|H&R coilover| 10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, 11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph at 10.18
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #58
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
2
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader View Post
I come back from highway.

I have test map 7 only on 94oct. Car pull very very well. No limp.

My opinion: sure we have more low end torque 2500-4000 rpm. The car pull more hard and no lag. After 4000rpm...seem to be the same power...maybe a bit better. I'm very happy...no limp with 94oct...because is my daily map.

next week test with vp109, DP and map 8. For break 11's

For info temp: sunny and 45 deg. here at Montreal
Outstanding!!! Seriously-I gurantee you will hit elevens with the DPs....

I got to get that 1.3 and see what happens...
__________________
2013550Xi msport white
335xi-JB3, UR DPs, code-3 fmic, BMS filter,borla catback,11.96@116
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #59
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
2
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyAutoDesign View Post
Mine and my dads car. I'm running proceede v3 Rev II, DCI, and Air Scoops. 9.5s in the back *tires*.
He's Stock, and we're both automatic. He's still breaking his in since he got it last week, but it's slow... It's heavy... and it's fat... But when we roll together everyone looks at his first since it's red
Either way, he doesn't stand a chance against me.. Every time we have a go, I boss hogg him.
of course! he is stock. Give me his car, and let me go tune and intake--and then we will go from a roll and different results. or better yet--go back to stock and see what happens with it then.
__________________
2013550Xi msport white
335xi-JB3, UR DPs, code-3 fmic, BMS filter,borla catback,11.96@116
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #60
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
CONSTRUCTauto.com's Avatar
65
Rep
1,436
Posts

Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
of course! he is stock. Give me his car, and let me go tune and intake--and then we will go from a roll and different results. or better yet--go back to stock and see what happens with it then.
k either way... i believe i'd still win.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #61
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
E92murdered's Avatar
25
Rep
1,548
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego

iTrader: (5)

beat one with sstt! your guarenteed to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybajwa View Post
ok guys some punk with a challenger srt8 wants to race me..most probably straight line and doesnt stop talking shit....can i take em???
mods

-jb3(prolly run map6)
-dual cone intake
-magnaflow mufflers w/2nd cat delete

SRT8
-stock


please give some input before i start talkin haha
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #62
add1cted2
ONE Lap, One Stroke, ONE Stride closer...
add1cted2's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
87
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i Alpine White-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orange, CA

iTrader: (0)

I've been reading this thread and I have to say it's quite interesting. First of, most of the comments are honest comments, not too much boasting.

But for me, the real question is lap times around a track. I'm not so interested in straight-line acceleration. I maybe stating the obvious here but BMW cars are designed as a balanced car. Just look at their testing facilities...they have one at the Nurburgring.

I really want to see a 335i vs SRT8 or Mustang GT on track doing laps.

According to this video, the 335i beats, by a fraction of a second, the more powerful and more expensive S5.

http://www.carandgarage.com/watch.php?v_id=1038

Let me know what you guys think.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #63
BobVader
Lieutenant
BobVader's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 335xi sedan 2008
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by add1cted2 View Post
I've been reading this thread and I have to say it's quite interesting. First of, most of the comments are honest comments, not too much boasting.

But for me, the real question is lap times around a track. I'm not so interested in straight-line acceleration. I maybe stating the obvious here but BMW cars are designed as a balanced car. Just look at their testing facilities...they have one at the Nurburgring.

I really want to see a 335i vs SRT8 or Mustang GT on track doing laps.

According to this video, the 335i beats, by a fraction of a second, the more powerful and more expensive S5.

http://www.carandgarage.com/watch.php?v_id=1038

Let me know what you guys think.


stock S5 and stock 335 is same power around 330hp at crank.
__________________
'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB3 2.0|Unlocked 18ohm Board|BMS Meth Kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP |BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|Helix fmic|CDV|H&R coilover| 10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, 11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph at 10.18
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #64
vegasspeed
Captain
vegasspeed's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
761
Posts

Drives: 335i 6MT coupe Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Wait, what? A stock S5 has more hp by about 30 on our cars. The problem is we have better torque. An S5 is still rather slow for all you spend on the car. I almost bought an S4 and couldn't do it since the modding of a V8 is too expensive if I wanted a little more power. 335i coupe FTW!
__________________
335i coupe Montego Blue Dinan stage 3 tune, Advan RS wheels 350whp/365wtq
1994 Brooklands Green Acura NSX Comptech Supercharged 390whp/300wtq
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 01:58 AM   #65
Kyosho
Lieutenant
Kyosho's Avatar
Taiwan
5
Rep
563
Posts

Drives: Cayenne GTS
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma RAY View Post
If you can dream it, you can achieve it
If you build it (track), they will come.
__________________
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #66
darkphantom
Banned
181
Rep
5,949
Posts

Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The place for Bimmers

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
I can't believe you've done this.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST