E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede CANbus wiring update directions (video)

04-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #45
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '09 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
For those of you who did the wire upgrade...I was kind of puzzled on the procede connector part where you have to press the tabs on the side to release the wires...Does that lid actually come off, or it just get raised alittle and then you insert the wires?? The video wasn't too clear on the fact if that cover is suppose to come off and expose the wiring pins..For the life of me I could not get that cover completely off but just raised alittle...I also didn't hear the usual clicking noise of the wire locking into place...I have the CANbus working right, but not sure if the wire is securely fitting into the PROCEDE plug side..
It just raises a little. I didn't feel a pronounced click either when inserting the wires. Just make sure you press the raised back side firmly after inserting the wires. Plus, I think it gets further secured when you reinsert it into the PROcede. If it's working, your probably fine.

| 6MT | ZSP | ZPP |
cbad335 is offline   United_States
      04-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #46
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Bimmerscoding.com

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbad335 View Post
It just raises a little. I didn't feel a pronounced click either when inserting the wires. Just make sure you press the raised back side firmly after inserting the wires. Plus, I think it gets further secured when you reinsert it into the PROcede. If it's working, your probably fine.
Thanks for the reply...I feel better that I installed it right then! Would have love it if the Procede plug was like the other plugs from the ecu...You can tell for sure its locked into place!!!
cn555ic is offline   United_States
      04-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #47
adrock
Major

Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [4.79]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Maybe this is a stupid question but where do I get the latest maps, software and firmware if I am Rev II guy who is adding the CANbus connectivity?

When I go to the link in Shiv's sig (http://216.120.252.228/forum/showthread.php?t=990) the documentation says that those maps don't apply to me (Rev II guys that are upgrading to CANbus). I just don't want to download the wrong maps/firmware, and there have been no mention of them in this the "CANbus Upgrade" thread. Am I missing something?
adrock is offline   United_States