E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Trouble Code P112C on 07 335i?

04-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Noxious335
07 335i Sedan Alpina White
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan Alpine White

Trouble Code P112C on 07 335i?

So... my "service engine soon" light came on. The car was driving like normal though. I needed to get the safety and emissions done anyways so I take it into a shop. I tell the mechanic that it has a JB Quick Install chip on it and ask him if he can tell me what the code is. I know I need to take it into the dealership so I decided to take the JB off. When I went to take it off I found that the plastic box that shields it is gone. I must not have tightened the screws down well enough, or I should have used something like Lock Tight. So I take the JB off and he checks the code. It comes up as P0112C, but doesn't say what it is. When I asked the mechanic to clear the code so I could see if it came up again, he tried but said it wouldn't clear. I don't know if that's normal or not. Does anyone know what the code is? Also, any helpful hints or precautions before I take it into the dealer? I've only had the car for a month so I'm not anticipating any problems with the dealer.
      04-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Hopefully there is some one with a BT scan tool in your area that can help you out. The BT tool will tell you exactly what it is and let you clear it.

Otherwise another option would be to go snoop around the BMW dealer until you find a technician that will take you up on a beer offer. You then befriend this guy to clear all your codes before you take it in for service.

There that's two options for you I hope you find what you need.
      04-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
Tman1800
Private
Rep

Drives: 335I

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
P0112 is Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit Low. I don't know what P0112C is. I am not showing it. Sometimes it can the sensor not pluged in or a bad sensor. They will be able to see it when they read the data from the scanner. If the sensor is bad it will show a default value the the ECU will set so you can drive the car ok. It does not sound like a big deal. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #4
munters
Captain
Rep

Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M

I did have the same code, came back after erasing it. after I changed the Lambda sensor it worked.