E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Finally Got my Car Back !!!! 6 weeks later

04-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant

Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]
Finally Got my Car Back !!!! 6 weeks later

It felt so good to get behind the wheel again.

Everything seems to be fine, I wasn't that impressed with the clean-up, but I picked it up after service was closed and will deal with the detail job another time.

They didn't have time to get all the paperwork together, but it will be mailed to me. Once I see everything they did, I will have a sit down about my warranty.

It was raining, but I did a few blast, and seems really strong. The new engine smell wasn't there until I got home and parked, and if you have ever built a fresh motor, you know what that smell is.

Under the hood is clean, and I see alot of new parts. Looks like they must have broke some sensors, I saw atleast 2 that were new.

refer to this link if your not caught up on what went wrong

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239723
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
40yroldawakening is offline   United_States
      04-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
RedDinan335i
Private First Class

Drives: Red 335i Coupe

Congrats on finally getting the car back.
      04-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
J BONE
The Boss

Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2011 E90 335

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [4.00]
Wow, 6 weeks! Congrats on getting the car back.
J BONE is offline   United_States
      04-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
DR_E92
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 E92 Coupe

wow didnt realize its been 6 weeks since all this.. time really flies

but u just got the new motor and ur already beating on it? ur not worried about breaking it in?
      04-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_E92 View Post
wow didnt realize its been 6 weeks since all this.. time really flies

but u just got the new motor and ur already beating on it? ur not worried about breaking it in?
that argument has been beat to death, I am old school and have built a few engines myself. I feel if its gonna break, it doesn't matter if you wait for a break in or run it hard from the beginning. I was not told by my SA to give it a break-in, its still under warranty, and if it breaks again, practice makes perfect.

Its been a long six weeks.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
      04-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
DR_E92
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yroldawakening View Post
that argument has been beat to death, I am old school and have built a few engines myself. I feel if its gonna break, it doesn't matter if you wait for a break in or run it hard from the beginning. I was not told by my SA to give it a break-in, its still under warranty, and if it breaks again, practice makes perfect.

Its been a long six weeks.
it must be all over again

good luck with the car though.. any mods planned for it?
      04-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_E92 View Post
it must be all over again

good luck with the car though.. any mods planned for it?
I plan on some mods, but nothing big. First thing is to tint the windows, then hopefully get my exh. tips I bought like 6 months ago put on.

I always had top of the line loaners, but its not the smae as your own car, one positive thing that came out of this was, I saved almost 2000 miles on my car, actually got my mileage back to normal.
      04-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]
The night i picked my car up it was raining, and today was the first nice day since then. I decided to clean it, since the dealership does a crappy job.

I found one of my wheels are messed up a bit, looks like it was curbed, or better yet, they caught the lip on the lift. I have seen it happen before. I have NO way to prove it. I just put them back on right before I took it in.

What really sucks is, the were close-outs at tirerack and I just checked and they have no more in my size
      04-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]
looks like its going back again, got a SES light tonight, seems to be running fine. Tried shutting off and letting it sit while I cleaned it up. Still on !!!!!
      04-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
TurboFan
Ski bum

Drives: sideways

Congrats. I hope it goes well. Let us know how the warranty works out.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
      04-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #11
cstavaru
Brigadier General

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yroldawakening View Post
looks like its going back again, got a SES light tonight, seems to be running fine. Tried shutting off and letting it sit while I cleaned it up. Still on !!!!!
Maybe you should not beat the hell out of your new engine right out of service...
      04-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ

Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
glad to see you get your car back and hopefully the light will go away soon!
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
      04-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Maybe you should not beat the hell out of your new engine right out of service...

you break in your engine the way you want, and i'll do mine the way I want

Went to the dealer this morning, and they scanned it, said it was a bad o2 sensor. They ordered the part, and will call to set up appointment.