Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Got my winter wheel & tire package :)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

10-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #23
GregL
Brigadier General

Drives: 2010 C350 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirana
Thanks! According information given to Mindmoxie, the E90/92s are supposed to be torqued to 130 Nm. In any case, you should re-check the torque on each lug a day or so after the switch-over.

I tried to buy those stands but after going to three Canadian Tire stores, I gave up (did get a good deal on a hydraulic lift and pair of axle stands though).

Enjoy your wheels!
I'll probably play the middle ground then and torque them to 125nm In the past, I usually re-torque them after 200km of driving to allow the new rims to break-in. As for the lack of stock at Canadian Tire, if it were last year then I'd claim responsibility cause I bought 4 Try again sometime next week and hopefully they'll restock cause these stands are great.
      10-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #24
triton.
Captain

Drives: 2009 Honda Fit

Garage List
2009 FIT  [1.00]
Probably a silly questions for you guys so don't laugh, but, If I order the 17 winter tire packages from Tirerack with the ASA rims, can I just pull my current wheels off and put the winter ones on myself, or do I have to get them rebalanced or the car alignment?

Also does Tireracks price include the bmw center caps, and should we be ordering through a person here or via website?

My E90 OEM Front/Side Bumpers for Sale -Here
triton. is offline   United_States
      10-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #25
GregL
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton.
Probably a silly questions for you guys so don't laugh, but, If I order the 17 winter tire packages from Tirerack with the ASA rims, can I just pull my current wheels off and put the winter ones on myself, or do I have to get them rebalanced or the car alignment?

Also does Tireracks price include the bmw center caps, and should we be ordering through a person here or via website?
You can certainly do it yourself, thats what I've been doing for years. But it would be a good idea to have someone around who can show you how to do things properly the first time around, and to advise you as to what equipment you need (typically a torque wrench, breaker bar, floor jack). Re-alignment is not necessary when switching over nor is balancing. The latter is done when the tires are first mounted on the wheels and you only need to have it done again if you feel a vibration while driving at speed.
      10-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #26
triton.
Captain

Garage List
2009 FIT  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL
You can certainly do it yourself, thats what I've been doing for years. But it would be a good idea to have someone around who can show you how to do things properly the first time around, and to advise you as to what equipment you need (typically a torque wrench, breaker bar, floor jack). Re-alignment is not necessary when switching over nor is balancing. The latter is done when the tires are first mounted on the wheels and you only need to have it done again if you feel a vibration while driving at speed.

Thanks, good to know. Guess I should place my order before it actaully snows. I actaully already have the torque wrench, breaker bar, and floor jack, just havn't used em for much.

10-29-2006, 11:06 PM   #27
GregL
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton.
Thanks, good to know. Guess I should place my order before it actaully snows. I actaully already have the torque wrench, breaker bar, and floor jack, just havn't used em for much.
Yup, good idea. Oh, almost forgot, you do have a 17mm socket handy as well right? And test your floor jack that it can clear under the car and jack point. I myself have 2 floor jacks, one 2 ton unit which I ended up using and another 2 1/2 ton unit that goes up higher but couldn't get under the car.
      10-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #28
triton.
Captain

Garage List
2009 FIT  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL
Yup, good idea. Oh, almost forgot, you do have a 17mm socket handy as well right? And test your floor jack that it can clear under the car and jack point. I myself have 2 floor jacks, one 2 ton unit which I ended up using and another 2 1/2 ton unit that goes up higher but couldn't get under the car.
Good reminder, yeah I have the 17mm socket too. I bought all of that stuff when I started to go to the track earlier this year. I wanted to be prepared if I had to change my tires out for some reason. Luckily I didn't have too.