E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > suspension issue

05-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
abdarm
Private

Drives: 335i

Arrow suspension issue

ok so i am having some issues with my suspension and was wondering if anyone has had anything similiar or would know what the issue was. I have koni yellows and h&r race springs and took my car in for allighnment. The allighnment seemed to make it worse, thier is a annoying creaking noise evertime i hit a pothole or even a slight dip. This noise is worse wen my tires are turned or if i come at the dip at an angle. Also my steering feels a little weird, thier is some play in it and does not seem as accurate as it was before. When i slam at my brakes it feels as if the wheels are sliding out from under me and the car sorta wobbles while the steering wheel feeling unusually light. I am sort of perplexed as to what the issue is since when i look at the suspension everything seems fine. The dealer told me everything is ok and that they drove it around after the allighnemnt and no issues came up. However even if their is an issue i am not sure the dealer would warranty it since it is an aftermarket setup. I am planning on taking it into a shop other than the dealear to see what the issue is however want to see if anyone might have any ideas. Thanks for your help.
      05-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
modbargains
Brigadier General

Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Sounds like an installation / alignment issue.

Where did you get the shocks and springs installed?
Where did you get your alignment?