E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Alloy Wheel Colour

06-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Alloy Wheel Colour

All 4 of my wheels need slight attention and I've managed to convince my lease company to let me change the colour after the repairs

I'm thinking of anthracite, but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions (or had already done it on a La Mans Blue car)?

In addition, what's the best thing to do with the centre caps, I'm not sure they'll match the new colour unless its silver?

Any advice welcome.
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
illingworth22
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Drives: 320d M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post
All 4 of my wheels need slight attention and I've managed to convince my lease company to let me change the colour after the repairs

I'm thinking of anthracite, but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions (or had already done it on a La Mans Blue car)?

In addition, what's the best thing to do with the centre caps, I'm not sure they'll match the new colour unless its silver?

Any advice welcome.
There is a crowd in Barnsley (check out my old forum GTi http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php) if I remember right they don't paint them but do the better powder coat option!

I recon liight grey with the Carbon fiber inserts
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep

Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
I personally think the wheels need to be quite 'special' to get away with anthracite or black finishes. Standard alloys painted dark grey can look like they are trying too hard to be something they are not. I would say if you want some anthracite alloys, look at the aftermarket alternatives, (& save yourself the expense of getting the OEM's repaired) and put the original alloys back on at the end of the contract. With the cash you will get selling the new ones on after, you might break even?

18's painted grey might look 'lost' in the arches as well??

All IMO of course!!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
I'm thinking something like this colour! I'm just basing it on what my wheels look like after I've not cleaned them for a few weeks!

Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep

Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post
I'm thinking something like this colour! I'm just basing it on what my wheels look like after I've not cleaned them for a few weeks!

I think that colour really suits that rim, especially with the polished deep rim, just not so sure about a standard wheel. I would love those wheels on my M3.

You could maybe see if someone can photoshop any ideas you have for ya? Maybe Trixman could help you out??
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
wrighty
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i coupe

Mine are anthracite and I love em, cost 35 a wheel so not out of the way.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
R80TER
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: e90 320D ED

Garage List
i was thinking the same! after i have done a few miles and the brake dust is on them, i much prefer the colour!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
ShereKhan
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 2010 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi SE

Garage List
2006 E90 320si  [0.00]
Hmm looks like the colour I have.

I would go for white wheels with Le Mans Blue. I'd prob make the effort to keep them clean too...
Appreciate 0