E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > New iphone is out



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Oli
Campervan man
42
Rep
2,667
Posts

 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

iTrader: (1)

New iphone is out

and Im ordering new ones for work first thing tomorrow morning - the wait is over

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...ne?mco=MTE2OTU

only 11 days to wait for them!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
E92Fan
Moderator
E92Fan's Avatar
United Kingdom
103
Rep
5,492
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
and Im ordering new ones for work first thing tomorrow morning - the wait is over

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...ne?mco=MTE2OTU

only 11 days to wait for them!
It's not out yet... (the 3GS I mean) - soon though, very soon...!! I've deliberately delayed my upgrade on my O2 contract so I can get the new 32Gb phone...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #3
trixman
Major
trixman's Avatar
United Kingdom
16
Rep
1,270
Posts

 
Drives: A Rental
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Creepy Crawley

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I sat there like a geek last night watching the macrumors live feed from the show. Looks great and some very, very necessary updates to the software will be happily received.

(OT - Snow leopard looks great too!)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
xenon
Major General
xenon's Avatar
England
73
Rep
5,036
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coventry

iTrader: (0)

Just to be sure - you're talking about a phone, right?

__________________
Ian
Current: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, Professional Media, Visibility Pack, Reversing Camera, DAB
Previous: 2011 F10 520d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 03:29 AM   #5
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

so then ARSE.

ive just upgraded to 2 x iphone 3g.

is there a software update for my phone ie 3.0

if so where can i get it?
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 03:31 AM   #6
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

ok the update is out 17th.
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 03:42 AM   #7
trixman
Major
trixman's Avatar
United Kingdom
16
Rep
1,270
Posts

 
Drives: A Rental
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Creepy Crawley

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
ok the update is out 17th.
Answered your own Q there eh
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 04:25 AM   #8
Carrera RSR
Colonel
Carrera RSR's Avatar
England
36
Rep
2,938
Posts

 
Drives: E61 M Sport + 924 Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Location: Location:

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Updated to Safari 4 on my PC this morning. I like the new look of several web pages being displayed at the same time.

iPhone OS 3.0 should be a free upgrade to all iPhone users as before. Touch owners may be asked for 9.99 to upgrade as before.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 05:15 AM   #9
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
8
Rep
645
Posts

 
Drives: 330 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Eagerly awaiting OS3.0 but I have to say other than more storage the new iPhone itself seems a bit underwhelming.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #10
E902717
Colonel
E902717's Avatar
England
27
Rep
2,402
Posts

 
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Eagerly awaiting OS3.0 but I have to say other than more storage the new iPhone itself seems a bit underwhelming.
I was thinking that there isn't much difference between the 3G and 3GS the OS3.0 upgrade is what i want!!
__________________
Car: 2011 BMW E91 335D M-Sport
Previous: 2010 BMW E70 X5 3.0D M-Sport - last seen going backwards in a hedge

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #11
steph.uk
325D E92
steph.uk's Avatar
Scotland
1
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: 325D Coupe M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SCOTLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixman View Post
I sat there like a geek last night watching the macrumors live feed from the show. Looks great and some very, very necessary updates to the software will be happily received.

(OT - Snow leopard looks great too!)
Yep, so did I.... it is sad I know...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #12
Mr_Patience
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
2
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Englandshire

iTrader: (0)

Worthy of a read.....

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/shane_r...s_upgrade_cost
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
MOB
Major
MOB's Avatar
England
17
Rep
1,358
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 118d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rushden UK

iTrader: (4)

For the first time I wont bother upgrading yet - yes I'd like a better battery life and more memory etc but I'm not shelling out the money they want for the phone this time round.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
MOB
Major
MOB's Avatar
England
17
Rep
1,358
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 118d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rushden UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Patience View Post
So 200 to get out of my contract, plus 274 for the new 32gb phone

Nah
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #15
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
Scotland
34
Rep
2,353
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOB View Post
So 200 to get out of my contract, plus 274 for the new 32gb phone

Nah
Indeed - my contract is up on 18th December, so will wait till then to get the 3G S, unless of course they bring out something newer!

v3 of the software will be a huge improvement.
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #16
squeezebm
Colonel
29
Rep
2,652
Posts

 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Indeed - my contract is up on 18th December, so will wait till then to get the 3G S, unless of course they bring out something newer!

v3 of the software will be a huge improvement.
Nice car Mr just need some bloody sun shine now!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
E92Fan
Moderator
E92Fan's Avatar
United Kingdom
103
Rep
5,492
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Just to make everyone aware, if you're already on an O2 iPhone plan, it's worth seeing if you're on the O2 Priority List. Basically, if you continually spend a minimum of 35 per month on your iPhone contract, you get a 1 month advance on your upgrade (ie. you can upgrade after 17 months as opposed to 18)

If you continually spend a minimum of 50 per month, you get a 3 month early upgrade. And if you continually spend a minimum of 85 a month, you get a 6 month early upgrade. So for Z4Beemer above, instead of his contract running out on 18th December this year, he could possibly get an early upgrade on 18th June !!

It's worth seeing what upgrade you are entitled to - you should call O2 customer services by dialling 402 from your mobile (for existing O2 customers obviously!)


I've spent the morning talking to them and organising my O2 accounts, with the result that it's only going to cost me 90ish to upgrade to the 32Gb iPhone 3GS, keeping my tariffs as they are, and getting a European Plus bolt-on thrown in for good measure!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #18
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
Scotland
34
Rep
2,353
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
Nice car Mr just need some bloody sun shine now!!
The sun is shining here, and I'm leaving the office in 5 mins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Just to make everyone aware, if you're already on an O2 iPhone plan, it's worth seeing if you're on the O2 Priority List. Basically, if you continually spend a minimum of 35 per month on your iPhone contract, you get a 1 month advance on your upgrade (ie. you can upgrade after 17 months as opposed to 18)

If you continually spend a minimum of 50 per month, you get a 3 month early upgrade. And if you continually spend a minimum of 85 a month, you get a 6 month early upgrade. So for Z4Beemer above, instead of his contract running out on 18th December this year, he could possibly get an early upgrade on 18th June !!

It's worth seeing what upgrade you are entitled to - you should call O2 customer services by dialling 402 from your mobile (for existing O2 customers obviously!)


I've spent the morning talking to them and organising my O2 accounts, with the result that it's only going to cost me 90ish to upgrade to the 32Gb iPhone 3GS, keeping my tariffs as they are, and getting a European Plus bolt-on thrown in for good measure!!!
When I spoke to O2 yesterday, they said that I can upgrade during the 18th month of my existing contract (or as you say, after 17 months) which is from 18th December. The actual end date is 18th January 2010. To be honest I'm happy to wait a few months. I did the queuing up thing last July when the 2nd gen iPhone was launched, so I'm happy to sit this one out.
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #19
Oli
Campervan man
42
Rep
2,667
Posts

 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

iTrader: (1)

Ordered mine - 32GB, getting it on the 19th along with three more, for business partner etc
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #20
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
8
Rep
645
Posts

 
Drives: 330 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Popped vn 3.0 on the other night, its not amazingly different but the ability to send MMS messages is welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #21
marriedblonde
Lieutenant
5
Rep
434
Posts

 
Drives: e92 330 sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunny south coast

iTrader: (0)

3.0 is also available for those of you with crakced phones...

J.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #22
E92 LeMans
Second Lieutenant
E92 LeMans's Avatar
United Kingdom
4
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I updated my Iphone to 3.0 which has some nice features but none of my old apps work.

But is worth doing, I guess the apps will get updates soon.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST