E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > How bored are you with your car?

06-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

How bored are you with your car?

Right now, I'm bored with my car. Its a great car, and cant think of anything much I'd want to replace it with without shelling out cash I havent got.

I just simply spend that much time in it, on the same roads, that I'm bored. On the scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being so bored I'd rather drive a saab, to 10 being like I cant wait to get back in it, I'm at a 4. If I get to a 3, it'll have to go.

Almost like having to shag a supermodel everyday, eventually you'd get bored.

Just me, or anyone else bored ?

And Will, I'll look forward to your tips on how to relieve boredom
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

yep. same here... what to do.....
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Almost like having to shag a supermodel everyday, eventually you'd get bored.
I agree with everything you say bar the above statement, which i could never see myself tiring of!!! My cars on the other hand - YES - i get bored very easily, hence why i chop and change so often.
      06-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
tell me about it!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Paul I think what could be part of the dilemma is the fact you drive your car every day along the same roads. I can totally relate to this tbh.

Personally, I find a decent 'cure' is to drive someone elses car and or go for a good ride out in yours for fun - not just the daily commute, but actual driving.

Maybe won't work for you but ........................not bored of mine yet though.

Can't comment on the supermodel analogy but if it was a bloke with a cracking muscular, toned body and pert bum, hmmmm..............if he didn't have a brain and couldn't converse about various things...........then yes, I'd get bored.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Right now, I'm so bored I'd rather drive a Saab
Go drive one....... Think you will be happy when you get back in the BM. If not buy a Saab

Currently no where near bored with mine. Spider fitted and it's had a new lease of life. What I'm bored of is the filth that accumulates every week with the 1000 miles I do and the amount of bird shit burning holes in the paint. The re washing, stones chips, swirls applied from a BMW is getting to me more than ever being bored of driving it. Just can't keep it showroom fresh at 40,000 mile a year
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Me too now About a 3 now. Might go for something totally different like a Maserati...
      06-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #9
pjs
Colonel
Rep

Quite a few of us then...

Carrararsr - Driving a saab wont help, drove the Citroen for a week recently (France and back), and normally I'd be delighted to get back to me car..and wasnt.

Helen - if you ever get bored of yours, what the hell could you buy next!!

G33 - at a 1.5 - seriously that bored?

No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me to stop whinging and be grateful, guess they could be right. But i'll still be bored
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I would suggest driving naked, drenched in baby oil, that would certainly liven things up.

Drifting slightly off-topic here, have you had it remapped?
      06-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

I was getting bored, but after I added my recent mods the car feels so alive and so much more fun to drive. It was like falling in love all over again.
      06-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrap View Post
Me too now About a 3 now. Might go for something totally different like a Maserati...
Wow - that surprises me matey - hasnt the new zorst perked you up a bit??
      06-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Quite a few of us then...

Carrararsr - Driving a saab wont help, drove the Citroen for a week recently (France and back), and normally I'd be delighted to get back to me car..and wasnt.

Helen - if you ever get bored of yours, what the hell could you buy next!!

G33 - at a 1.5 - seriously that bored?

No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me to stop whinging and be grateful, guess they could be right. But i'll still be bored

ok well maybe 1.5 is a bit low! but yeh ive been bored of it for monthss but as i hardly use a car at the moment (1600 miles since septmber) it really doesnt justify getting something not quite as boring without shelling out a load of money. nor can i justify selling after considering its riduclous drop in value since new over a year ago. so its like a keeper for keepings sake at the moment knowing its loosing value month by month but its still better than giving it away to a stealer i think as nothing can replace it as it spec for spec and performance etc for the money as it does get used, just not as much as it did when first bought but the situation might change in the future.

you will always be bored if we all had a choice im sure we wud have a new car every 3-6 months...i know i would
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #14
pjs
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I would suggest driving naked, drenched in baby oil, that would certainly liven things up.

Drifting slightly off-topic here, have you had it remapped?

The naked baby oil thing would negate the benefits of the sports seats, but would liven things up when I get out for Costa/Ginsters/McD for sure

Not about the speed, hence no remap. And I need it to last. Quick and lively enough as you saw behind me on recent nm meet. 95% of the time I cant go any quicker than the car in front.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Quick and lively enough as you saw behind me on recent nm meet. 95% of the time I cant go any quicker than the car in front.
I totally agree with you there about your car being quick but when the car in front is holding you up, then having the power to get passed the bugger safely and rapidly is rather satisfying.

Sounds like quite an itch you need to scratch Paul. If you're still bored after having driven La Citroen en France, then maybe a change of car is required?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Right now, I'm bored with my car. Its a great car, and cant think of anything much I'd want to replace it with without shelling out cash I havent got.
I'm the same.

Bored of my car, but the only things I would want to swap it for are much more expensive.

Actually, I'm more bored of the recession!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #17
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

This is exactly where I was 2yrs back and thinking about what it was costing to be "bored" eventually got to me enough to make me buy a boring car for everyday use and something wilder for the weekends.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 07:22 AM   #18
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Something else..

I'd give mine a 6 at the moment.

Need to drive my Dodge Avenger,then I'll be back upto an 8..at least.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Hmmm, I guess I can relate, but I am used to getting bored with cars. I always want something faster, more exotic, more prestigeous, just the way of the world I guess.
At the end of the day I realize it is just a car, especially the BMW. I can honestly say it will do for now, I get a new car about every two years for this exact reason.
It is true, once you have something you become complacent and forget what it was like to want it. A good lesson can be learned from this thread, just drive a cavalier you will get the same feeling after a month or two of driving a BMW. Not quite, but something like that.
      06-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #20
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Not at all bored of mine. So I'll go for an 8.5
      06-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
Oil Burner
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

When I used to work for Honda, sometime I changed my car in under 6 weeks (Ok so they were all Honda's but appart from an NSX I had them all) so when I left and ventured into the normal world of keeping cars for 3 years ago, it killed me.

having said that E93 is coming up to a year now and not bored, but that might be becuase I am doing a lot of travelling at the moment, and therfeore my wife is driving it whilst I leave the Volvo at the airport
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #22
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I think sometimes i forget just how lucky i am and have been to own and drive the cars i have had over the last few years. Ive worked bloody hard for everything i own and put up with a lot of shit to get where i am etc - but equally i have gotten complacent recently and i need to step back and remind myself how fortunate i am compared to most. It always hits me when i stop for fuel as an example and someone walks up to me and tells me how awsome my car is and how its their dream car and if only they could afford one etc etc. It can be quite grounding and humbling. We are all very lucky boys and gals, eh!?