E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > FS/Feeler: Brand New Style 225M wheels w/ Rubber



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #23
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
13
Rep
802
Posts

 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I am not sure, but I think you may hear crickets at that price. I may be speaking out of turn here but the majority of the posters here would probably rather have some DPE's or some IForged rims for nearly the same $. I understand they are OEM but in the end they are still just stock wheels that most people are gonna either want for a winter setup or to return their cars back to stock for lease turn in so I think they may shy away at that price, even tho they are really nice rims.
I think you should keepem for the winter.
JMHO
I shoulda mentioned it was in CAD funds ..........something in the range of $3500CAD-$4500CAD........ but i think that's a very reasonable price because i just called up my SA and he told me they'd cost $7000+ to special order them.....

........now i'm thinking maybe i should hang on to them.........HMMMMMM......... this is soo frustrating!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #24
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
55
Rep
2,904
Posts

 
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mind Your Own Fkin Business

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_vino View Post
I shoulda mentioned it was in CAD funds ..........something in the range of $3500CAD-$4500CAD........ but i think that's a very reasonable price because i just called up my SA and he told me they'd cost $7000+ to special order them.....

........now i'm thinking maybe i should hang on to them.........HMMMMMM......... this is soo frustrating!!!!!
Don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure you're going to get anywhere near that. Low $2's is my guesstimate.

In any event, good luck for your sale. But honestly, these are beautiful rims already. I'd keep them if I were you!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #25
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
13
Rep
802
Posts

 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by who's ur daddy? View Post
Don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure you're going to get anywhere near that. Low $2's is my guesstimate.

In any event, good luck for your sale. But honestly, these are beautiful rims already. I'd keep them if I were you!
Yah i think i might..........im in no hurry to sell.......

What do you think of powder coating them in Matte Black????? really tryin to go for the two-tone look!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #26
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
55
Rep
2,904
Posts

 
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mind Your Own Fkin Business

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_vino View Post
Yah i think i might..........im in no hurry to sell.......

What do you think of powder coating them in Matte Black????? really tryin to go for the two-tone look!
I've never been a fan of the winter wheel look... lol... Just that there's not a lot of contrast by going black. Hard to see the detail of the wheels, etc.

How bout a nice gunmetal or hyper-black...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #27
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
13
Rep
802
Posts

 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by who's ur daddy? View Post
I've never been a fan of the winter wheel look... lol... Just that there's not a lot of contrast by going black. Hard to see the detail of the wheels, etc.

How bout a nice gunmetal or hyper-black...
options, options, options...........

i gotta head out to one of these meets next time and see what everyone else is running......

are there any weekly/monthly meets i dunno about?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #28
MMOTION
Lieutenant Colonel
MMOTION's Avatar
24
Rep
1,723
Posts

 
Drives: like you'll never drive again
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: uptown

iTrader: (21)

I think those would look amazing powdercoated matteblack or in a gunmetal. I think there's a few of us heading to the bimmersport meet this sunday.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #29
sathees siva
$*~TIVU EMPIRE~*$
sathees siva's Avatar
Canada
45
Rep
2,194
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i E92
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_vino View Post
options, options, options...........

i gotta head out to one of these meets next time and see what everyone else is running......

are there any weekly/monthly meets i dunno about?
------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Hey guys, its that time of year again for our annual Bimmersport BBQ! We are planning the date for Sunday July 12th. This year we going to omit the cruise and get straight to the show. We decided to put a twist on how things are done, so we are letting YOU be the judge. There is only 1 main prize, the best of show. Details will be explained at the BBQ. Of course, you can expect the usual...great food and drinks (No alcohol please), great cars, the models (of course), while Jason 'Mystikal' C., will keep us entertained throughout the day giving you an experience to share with fellow enthusiasts in the GTA BMW community. This year we are also offering products from our sponsors such as Active Autowerke, UUC Motorwerks, Essex distribution, Tires23, Eurostyle Design, Highline Motors and also products from Lubro-moly, ATE, Redline and many other BMW accessories in the raffle hosted by the beautiful Got ass girls.


The location of the BBQ will be held at our newly rennovated shop (6780 Pacific Circle Unit 3, Mississauga) and will be from 11am to 6pm.

The cost of admission to the BBQ and show is free, it's our way of giving back to the BMW community after all you've given us.
__________________
Retired: 08 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #30
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
13
Rep
802
Posts

 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (6)

I'll be there
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #31
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
15
Rep
853
Posts

 
Drives: a good one
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

don't sell, those are hot rims......
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #32
SGxi
Major General
Canada
87
Rep
6,805
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Retail is $7k, yes, with tires, but, E90post guys are usually "cheap", will never buy at sticker price. Unless of course, a baller decided to drop that kind of money for OEM wheels.

Otherwise, most people will go for aftermarkets... 7k can get you HRE monoblocs...
__________________
MY07 A22 E90 N52Nxi
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #33
OwnAge
Brigadier General
OwnAge's Avatar
Armenia
57
Rep
4,176
Posts

 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
There's a post in kijiji today and asking $5000.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ140779110
Damn you guys fast. I just saw this add right now. Im shocked.
lol 5k.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I am not sure, but I think you may hear crickets at that price. I may be speaking out of turn here but the majority of the posters here would probably rather have some DPE's or some IForged rims for nearly the same $. I understand they are OEM but in the end they are still just stock wheels that most people are gonna either want for a winter setup or to return their cars back to stock for lease turn in so I think they may shy away at that price, even tho they are really nice rims.

JMHO
Agree.
OP, I dont mean to be a dick but I seriously would punch myself in the face if someone pays over 2.5 for them. When I said you should not go for VMRs I said it only because you already have 225s.
Personally if im buying the rims as summer set there is not even 1% chance id pick 230/225s over VMR set and that set runs under 2k.

LoL when you posted about you rims I thought to myself its a nice set but since its new OP will prolly tell me 2.3k for them. Which is high for me since i want to get aftermarket set for that price.
Thought I'd pm you a 1.5k offer. Good thing i didnt.
LoL I'd prolly be just as surprised from your pm as youd be from mine.


As for painting the rims. I personally would leave them as they are.
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #34
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
13
Rep
802
Posts

 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (6)

by the looks of it...........i think i'm gonna be keeping these wheels for a while. But to be honest i'm not TOO crazy about them.......only reason i thought $3500 would be reasonable was cus its at the 50% point..........but i also agree that I myself wouldn't pay that much for OEM wheels........

I'm gonna run these wheels for the time being, and after all, they are pretty unique as i don't see too many ppl with 225s but i think eventually i'll end up getting those v710s!!

JUST LOOK AT THAT CONCAVITY!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #35
Bladerunner
Captain
Bladerunner's Avatar
8
Rep
610
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: mississauga

iTrader: (6)

Luv those rims, I've been looking for something like those to put on my 08 328i ( if they fit) but those are out of my budget.

All the best on selling them.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #36
wayway409
Major
wayway409's Avatar
Canada
20
Rep
1,296
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver,BC

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to wayway409
too bad u are not in vancouver!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #37
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
13
Rep
802
Posts

 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Luv those rims, I've been looking for something like those to put on my 08 328i ( if they fit) but those are out of my budget.

All the best on selling them.
I've actually decided to keep these wheels........aside from all the brake dust they attract........they're juts gorgeous!!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #38
Evolution_GT
Captain
Evolution_GT's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
856
Posts

 
Drives: 08A22E93N52
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Did you happen to pick up your car from T&C?? There was one sitting on the pick-up lot EXACTLY the same configuration as the one u described
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #39
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
13
Rep
802
Posts

 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_GT View Post
Did you happen to pick up your car from T&C?? There was one sitting on the pick-up lot EXACTLY the same configuration as the one u described
YES I DID!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!.............pics to come SOOOOON
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST