E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > help how can use meth with the procede ??



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
BOOST3D
Captain
BOOST3D's Avatar
Armenia
10
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: whittier SOCAL

iTrader: (10)

Smile help how can use meth with the procede ??

hi everyone
i went to HMS and talked to them about a meth kit they said they can do it but he was saying that the tuning is a problem but they can go around that and tune it because he has his flash but i have procede rev 2 and want to use that, i want to use the map switchers to switch to the meth map and back. so has anyone ever done this or has a meth map for the procede i pmed shiv but got no answer back from him...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

This feature will be officially supported soon. And it will be very good. But until then, i just have to suggest holding off until then.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
harper121
Bmw is awsome!!
harper121's Avatar
Germany
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335I 2008
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LACEY WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to harper121
I am waiting to, What gains are you looking at with that tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
BOOST3D
Captain
BOOST3D's Avatar
Armenia
10
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: whittier SOCAL

iTrader: (10)

shiv is soon like next monthish?
i want meth now !!!! lol
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
J.P.
Close to bein Bannned
J.P.'s Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
5,068
Posts

 
Drives: Pussy Magnet
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hunterdon, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to J.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOST3D View Post
shiv is soon like next monthish?
i want meth now !!!! lol
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
JERRYS MOM= BEST HEAD OF MY LIFE
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
Malek@MRF
Brigadier General
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,406
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOST3D View Post
hi everyone
i went to HMS and talked to them about a meth kit they said they can do it but he was saying that the tuning is a problem but they can go around that and tune it because he has his flash but i have procede rev 2 and want to use that, i want to use the map switchers to switch to the meth map and back. so has anyone ever done this or has a meth map for the procede i pmed shiv but got no answer back from him...
When were you looking at for your meth install? I can help you with that.
__________________

BMW PERFORMANCE SPECIALISTS. Suspension. Forced Induction. Brakes. Race Preparation. Service. Alignments.
OFFICIAL PARTNERS: Íhlins. KW Suspension. Brembo. AP Racing. ESS Tuning. iND Distribution. Turner Motorsport.
Facebook | Instagram | Yelp! | Flikr | Contact | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
TMR
Colonel
TMR's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
2,894
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Torrance

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
This feature will be officially supported soon. And it will be very good. But until then, i just have to suggest holding off until then.

Shiv
Promises Promises
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

The only thing keeping us from releasing dedicated firmware right now is the in-dash map switch which is in development. And it's a priority

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
joec500
Brigadier General
46
Rep
3,004
Posts

 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
The only thing keeping us from releasing dedicated firmware right now is the in-dash map switch which is in development. And it's a priority

Shiv
I know off topic...but any news on the indash boost setup?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #10
Humtek
Vishnu Powered
Humtek's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,205
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Proceding

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
This feature will be officially supported soon. And it will be very good. But until then, i just have to suggest holding off until then.

Shiv
Will it just include this feature or will you guys be selling a kit? If not the kit, then is there a certain kit Vishnu recommends?
__________________
2008 335xi Sedan | Titanium Silver | Black Dakota
PROcede v5 | Vishnu Exhaust | BMS DCI | AR Catless DPs | Helix FMIC | Stett Charge w/ Tial BOV | MORR VS8s | KWv3
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

In-dash boost gauge takes a bit of work. But it's on the burner. Just want to do the functional bits first. There is only so quickly that we can work on this stuff. It's not like we are following a path already forged by someone else

Humtek-- The meth kit will include peripherals that you can use with an off-the-shelf meth kit that we will recommend. I've been running it in my car for nearly 6 months now. Functionality is not in question. I just want to make a customer-friendly turn-key system that sacrifices none of the safety/performance features that I've been enjoying for so long now.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Humtek
Vishnu Powered
Humtek's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,205
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Proceding

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
In-dash boost gauge takes a bit of work. But it's on the burner. Just want to do the functional bits first. There is only so quickly that we can work on this stuff. It's not like we are following a path already forged by someone else

Humtek-- The meth kit will include peripherals that you can use with an off-the-shelf meth kit that we will recommend. I've been running it in my car for nearly 6 months now. Functionality is not in question. I just want to make a customer-friendly turn-key system that sacrifices none of the safety/performance features that I've been enjoying for so long now.

Shiv
I know were all so eager to start adding meth to our cars, but do you care to share at least the company? I'm guessing Snow Performance, but that's just a guess. Any idea how much the peripherals will cost? I'm thinking a harness or two... maybe $50?

And the most important question.... Do you have a rough ETA? I know you want to get the in-dash map switching done first.
__________________
2008 335xi Sedan | Titanium Silver | Black Dakota
PROcede v5 | Vishnu Exhaust | BMS DCI | AR Catless DPs | Helix FMIC | Stett Charge w/ Tial BOV | MORR VS8s | KWv3
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humtek View Post
I know were all so eager to start adding meth to our cars, but do you care to share at least the company? I'm guessing Snow Performance, but that's just a guess. Any idea how much the peripherals will cost? I'm thinking a harness or two... maybe $50?

And the most important question.... Do you have a rough ETA? I know you want to get the in-dash map switching done first.
I don't want to say anything right now with regards to part sourcing for obvious reasons But it's not Snow Performance.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #14
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
261
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

The Snow Performances flow detector only offers a negative trigger output that will not work with the Procede map switch.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
The Snow Performances flow detector only offers a negative trigger output that will not work with the Procede map switch.
Yep but that's pretty easy to overcome. The real reason is that I like another pump a lot better.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Humtek
Vishnu Powered
Humtek's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,205
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Proceding

iTrader: (7)

Well I guess I'll just get the Stett charge pipe for now and wait for the final details
__________________
2008 335xi Sedan | Titanium Silver | Black Dakota
PROcede v5 | Vishnu Exhaust | BMS DCI | AR Catless DPs | Helix FMIC | Stett Charge w/ Tial BOV | MORR VS8s | KWv3
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #17
BOOST3D
Captain
BOOST3D's Avatar
Armenia
10
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: whittier SOCAL

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humtek View Post
Well I guess I'll just get the Stett charge pipe for now and wait for the final details
+1
lets hope its we get details soon
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
scottp999
Brigadier General
scottp999's Avatar
57
Rep
4,666
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Can't wait!
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #19
Malek@MRF
Brigadier General
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,406
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yep but that's pretty easy to overcome. The real reason is that I like another pump a lot better.

Shiv
Devils own? Coolingmist?
__________________

BMW PERFORMANCE SPECIALISTS. Suspension. Forced Induction. Brakes. Race Preparation. Service. Alignments.
OFFICIAL PARTNERS: Íhlins. KW Suspension. Brembo. AP Racing. ESS Tuning. iND Distribution. Turner Motorsport.
Facebook | Instagram | Yelp! | Flikr | Contact | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #20
BOOST3D
Captain
BOOST3D's Avatar
Armenia
10
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: whittier SOCAL

iTrader: (10)

AEM??
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #21
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Sniz's Avatar
190
Rep
10,572
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

iTrader: (1)

I'm going with the Aquamist hfs6 in my M3....seems to be a well put together kit.

not cheap though...i dont want cheap w meth injection.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
Nocturnal-G
New Member
Armenia
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: E55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montebello, CA

iTrader: (0)

Let's see who can make the meth kit more efficient.

Can't wait to see results...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST