E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Supercar Sensation: Worth the drive from Ohio!

07-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Supercar Sensation: Worth the drive from Ohio!

I just wanted to share with my fellow Ohio E90 posters my awesome little weekend road trip to Supercar Sensation (www.supercarsensation.com) in North Carolina. Supercar Sensation puts together various packages that allow you to sample some of the finest engineering the automotive industry has to offer. I took the 4 hour tour ($549) where I got to sample the Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 911 Turbo, Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster, and Nissan GTR. The also offer 1 hour tours for $199 and Auto-X for $250.

Friday Afternoon:
Hopped in the 335i and began the 6 hour scenic cruise starting on Hwy 35 through WV, VA, and NC. This was quite a pleasant drive traveling on roads where the terrain is quite different than that of flat old Ohio. 9PM that evening I finally ended up in Concord, NC which is 15 mins outside of Charlotte. Lowe's Motor Speedway is in this city and the crowd here has a real appreciation for NASCAR nonetheless I received a few remarks about my 3'er.

Saturday:
This is where the fun begins. My tour was scheduled for noon that day and I kept my expectations kind of low because of how low the cost for these events were relative to other companies like it. I meet at the warehouse where all the cars are stowed and while waiting I play with a C63 AMG they have in the garage.

The vehicles return from their morning tour and after a pre-flight safety briefing we are off in a group of 4 with an E92 M3 serving as the lead car. To make a long story short it was quite the thrilling adventure where you truly get to drive the cars like you stole it and feel how each car's drivetrain/engine (NA vs Turbo & AWD vs RWD) and make/model origin play a role in how it feels.

My conclusions are that now I have to figure out how to acquire a Gallardo and be able to keep it maintained it is just such an awesome noise to have behind your head. The V8 Vantage's exhaust is amazing at above 3500 rpms where valves open to make it basically straight pipes and since its a roadster you hear it loud and clear. The GTR really was amazing you can barely tell that its a 2 ton vehicle, the computer really just sorts out the turns. The 911 Turbo sure feels quite a bit different than the 335i but once the lag is gone it really pulls hard.

Sunday:
On the drive back I decided to take a different route driving toward TN and up through KY. Stopped by the Biltmore Estate then through Deal's Gap to conquer "The Dragon" in Tapoco, NC: 318 Turns in 11 Miles. Boy did it make me miss having those canyon runs back in Cali.

Overall one of the most awesome car weekends I have had. I have posted some pictures of my trip.

If you would like to make the trip from Ohio to Supercar Sensation just let them know you have seen the post by Mike Sun and they will give you $20 off your reservation to help off-set a half tank of gas! I had a blast and I'm sure you will too.

Let me know if you plan on going, I would like to go down again some time in the near future too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
cincy335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saph 335i coupe 6mt

Damn big pimpin!!! I'm jealous. See you tomorrow and you can tell me how the cars drove and which ones you liked the best. I'll bet our cars would smoke them all! LOL

Cheers
Performance |PROcede V5|Stett CAI|UUC/Corsa Exhaust|AA Intercooler|RPI Scoops|Stett Charge Pipe w/Forge DV's|UUC Evo3 SSK/DSSR|Mod CDV Style |Aero Lip|Aero rear|Aero Spoiler|M-Tech Side Skirts|Black Calipers|Black Grille|Black Shadow emblem|Black Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim|35%Tint|Tinted Tails|Style 230 19"rims|Lux H8'sTech |Nav|Cold Weather|Premium|Comfort Access|Sport|
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
ium3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

So tempting....
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
So you take them out on city streets? If so, that's sweet.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcumac View Post
So you take them out on city streets? If so, that's sweet.
Yea, they take you out to tear up some country roads put about 160 miles on the cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: RS5

Damn thats awesome.
      07-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Pretty sweet, next time you go let me know I will meet up with you and we can head down together. What did you like the best.
Nice car btw, although I am a lil biased!!!!!!!!!!!!