E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dixis BOV W/ Video

09-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #23
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW

noone?
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
      08-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #24
MITE46
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 335i

i saw saw this post...i have a dixis bov on my vishnu 335i...it's my favorite part of the car =T

It replaces the whole plastic intake piece with a light metal. It has the hole and screw holes for the pressure sensor and greddy bov attached to it i think...
MITE46 is offline   United_States
      08-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #25
Hyper psi-atic
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport, 6MT, AW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post

Bov's on the otherhand vent the air. In other applications where people have replaced dv's with bovs, some have run into lean conditions. I don't know if this has been tested on the 335. They make noise,. Not sure of any other benefit.
Dont want to get in the middle of another DV vs. BOV discussion BUT to be fair can we please NOT post false info that could scare people away from being able to make a researched decision with mis-information on topics that may not be fully understood.

Simply because DV's came on the car does NOT mean a BOV is not designed to and will not efficiently release excess boost pressure under higher than stock psi level conditions on the N54 application. The "other" applications you may have heard of running into "lean" conditions most likely had the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor (Suburu's/ Evo's) and not the TMAP sensor that is found in the N54. A BOV will not hurt or damage anything on the 335i and there have been no tests that can suggest a DV is safer or more effective on our application than the BOV. If you feel there is, please explain your reasoning and you may want to let companies that build and tune cars (Active Autowerke etc.) that a BOV is dangerous. Lets try to post what we have actual knowledge about guys, and not what a friend's cousin's brother told happened to his 2001 Suburu WRX or something. This is "E90post".
Hyper psi-atic is offline   United_States
      08-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #26
I335
Brigadier General

Drives: '08 335i Coupe

2 year old thread back from the archives, eh? I don't see how a bov could damage the car, but I just don't think I could stand the noise they make for more than one drive around the block. That thing sounds horrible! It may be a beneficial device for boosted cars, but how do you put up with the sound every time you drive your car?