E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Msport Steering Wheel DIY



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #155
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Just e-mailed the seller to see if he could cut me a deal since I'm an E90post member.

I asked for free shipping. Hopefully he'll agree and then I'll buy it from him.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #156
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou
Placed the order on Ebay from the guy from Sweden.
The wheel is like 242$ plus shipping which is lie 52$...
So ya about there 290$-295$...
Yes if you have the sport package then your airbag will fit..
And in regards to the z4M coupe steering wheel it truly is pure heaven.
When i sat in the M coupe i was blown away by how it felt...
I have been trying to find the actual size(width) but couldn't find it anywhere and well the one from ebay is 365mm...
But from the pics it looks like the same.
So let's cross our fingers.
Yup. I got my fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #157
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Just purchased mine: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320060369036

Can't wait! He's only got ONE left now.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #158
youyou
Banned
youyou's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Just purchased mine: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320060369036

Can't wait! He's only got ONE left now.

Good for you...:rocks:
So did he end up cutting you a deal? Give you free shipping?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #159
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou
Good for you...:rocks:
So did he end up cutting you a deal? Give you free shipping?
Nope.

Instead he told me how he could raise the price if he wanted to.

Since you'll get yours first since you're a lot closer to Sweden where he's shipping it from, please be sure to post lots of pics and tell me whether it's the same thickness as the Z4 M wheel. I can't wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #160
youyou
Banned
youyou's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Nope.

Instead he told me how he could raise the price if he wanted to.

Since you'll get yours first since you're a lot closer to Sweden where he's shipping it from, please be sure to post lots of pics and tell me whether it's the same thickness as the Z4 M wheel. I can't wait!!!

Lolol... Well it's still a good deal...
Anyhow as soon as i get it i will post pics.
Sucks that it will be sitting comfortably in my living room for over a month until i get my car
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #161
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou
Lolol... Well it's still a good deal...
Anyhow as soon as i get it i will post pics.
Sucks that it will be sitting comfortably in my living room for over a month until i get my car
Yeah. But at least you can sit in a leather chair with the steering wheel and pretend you're driving your new 335i.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #162
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Just got an e-mail from the seller. Apparently, he's shipping my wheel out tomorrow and I'll have it within 4-5 business days, which means by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Also, I asked about the thickness and he said that it's not as thick as the Z4 M, but it's "almost as thick." Hopefully almost means really really close.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #163
txusa03
Major General
213
Rep
6,567
Posts

Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (3)

man, this diy have got to be the hottest thing on e90post. Make me want to buy one. Let see if holding out will make the price drop
__________________
under construction!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #164
youyou
Banned
youyou's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Yeah. But at least you can sit in a leather chair with the steering wheel and pretend you're driving your new 335i.

Hhahahahahaahaha...
Good one.
Well at least i have a loaner 2006 323i that i can rip a little before getting mine...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #165
youyou
Banned
youyou's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Just got an e-mail from the seller. Apparently, he's shipping my wheel out tomorrow and I'll have it within 4-5 business days, which means by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Also, I asked about the thickness and he said that it's not as thick as the Z4 M, but it's "almost as thick." Hopefully almost means really really close.

Good to hear that he will be that quick on the shipping...
Sucks that he said it's not as thick as the z4M ... As you said let's hope that "almost as thick" means really really close...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #166
youyou
Banned
youyou's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

And by the way BMWEXECUTIVE still haven't forgotten you for the 5 series knob. That's gorgeous and will definitely get it from you.
But hopefully you can give me a better price
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 12:21 AM   #167
Greeney
Brigadier General
Greeney's Avatar
United_States
94
Rep
3,812
Posts

Drives: Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY / Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Greeney Send a message via MSN to Greeney Send a message via Skype™ to Greeney
The Z4Ms wheel is Thick as shit, I cant wait to see what this wheel looks like when you guys get it!!
__________________
11' E90 M3 6MT | Jerez Black | Black Ext./Carbon | ZCP | ZCW | ZPP | ZTP | 302 | 403 | 507 | 5AC | 655 | 6FL | 752 |
15' F80 M3 6MT | Black Saphire | Black Full | ZEC | ZLP | 2VF | 2VZ | 5DL | 688 |
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #168
s4iscool
Major
United_States
12
Rep
1,128
Posts

Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Neccos

iTrader: (2)

add me to a satisfied customer on this DIY. The holes for the airbag release were hard to find from the original directions, but that picture at the bottom made all the difference.

Does anyone else's trim pannel not fit flush on the sides? all other areas its flush and nice, but down on the sides, it has a 3-5mm gap. no big deal, but wondering if normal
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #169
HRC
MAUI BUILT
HRC's Avatar
United_States
179
Rep
7,772
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i MT
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to HRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4iscool
add me to a satisfied customer on this DIY. The holes for the airbag release were hard to find from the original directions, but that picture at the bottom made all the difference.

Does anyone else's trim pannel not fit flush on the sides? all other areas its flush and nice, but down on the sides, it has a 3-5mm gap. no big deal, but wondering if normal
You will find that everyone who has an M wheel without the M cover has this gap. The M cover fits the M wheel perfect. No big deal anyways.

Danny
__________________
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #170
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
286
Rep
18,855
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
You will find that everyone who has an M wheel without the M cover has this gap. The M cover fits the M wheel perfect. No big deal anyways.

Danny

No big deal?!?!?!?!


You must not have OCD like the rest of us
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #171
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
286
Rep
18,855
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4iscool
add me to a satisfied customer on this DIY. The holes for the airbag release were hard to find from the original directions, but that picture at the bottom made all the difference.

Does anyone else's trim pannel not fit flush on the sides? all other areas its flush and nice, but down on the sides, it has a 3-5mm gap. no big deal, but wondering if normal

Glad you like your new wheel!!!

... sorry my directions were not clear. I wrote that all out in one sitting...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #172
HRC
MAUI BUILT
HRC's Avatar
United_States
179
Rep
7,772
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i MT
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to HRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
No big deal?!?!?!?!


You must not have OCD like the rest of us
LOL, well I have the M cover so...

Danny
__________________
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #173
s4iscool
Major
United_States
12
Rep
1,128
Posts

Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Neccos

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
No big deal?!?!?!?!


You must not have OCD like the rest of us
no worries mate...that last pic with the slits circled would be great in your DIY pics. I didnt look down there until I tried jabbing the screwdriver in the back for some time Thx again
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 11:13 PM   #174
FirstClass
Brigadier General
36
Rep
3,200
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Everyone is comparing the wheel to the Z4M wheel. I believe it is both smaller (diameter) and thicker, right? So why not get a Z4M wheel and stick it on/modify it to fit. I'd guess with a drill press and the right bracket you could make it work.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2006, 02:12 AM   #175
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass
Everyone is comparing the wheel to the Z4M wheel. I believe it is both smaller (diameter) and thicker, right? So why not get a Z4M wheel and stick it on/modify it to fit. I'd guess with a drill press and the right bracket you could make it work.
I'd try it but steering wheels and airbags are both two things I don't want to mess with.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2006, 02:13 AM   #176
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
101
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney
The Z4Ms wheel is Thick as shit, I cant wait to see what this wheel looks like when you guys get it!!
Hey Greeney,

The M6 is your dad's right? Does he ever let you drive it?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST