E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Msport Steering Wheel DIY

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
bavarian19's Avatar Msport Steering Wheel DIY
bavarian19
01-28-2006
Well, after taking a break Ive decided to just get this over with... First, my car: 325i Sport/Premium packages and non-iDrive. These instructions should be pretty much the same for all sport E90's, but I cant guarantee that it is. The only new part that I needed was the wheel itself. ...
By bmwexecutive on 12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Just e-mailed the seller to see if he could cut me a deal since I'm an E90post member.

I asked for free shipping. Hopefully he'll agree and then I'll buy it from him.
By bmwexecutive on 12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou
Placed the order on Ebay from the guy from Sweden.
The wheel is like 242$ plus shipping which is lie 52$...
So ya about there 290$-295$...
Yes if you have the sport package then your airbag will fit..
And in regards to the z4M coupe steering wheel it truly is pure heaven.
When i sat in the M coupe i was blown away by how it felt...
I have been trying to find the actual size(width) but couldn't find it anywhere and well the one from ebay is 365mm...
But from the pics it looks like the same.
So let's cross our fingers.
Yup. I got my fingers crossed.
By bmwexecutive on 12-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Just purchased mine: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320060369036

Can't wait! He's only got ONE left now.
By youyou on 12-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Just purchased mine: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320060369036

Can't wait! He's only got ONE left now.

Good for you...:rocks:
So did he end up cutting you a deal? Give you free shipping?
By bmwexecutive on 12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Good for you...:rocks:
So did he end up cutting you a deal? Give you free shipping?
Nope.

Instead he told me how he could raise the price if he wanted to.

Since you'll get yours first since you're a lot closer to Sweden where he's shipping it from, please be sure to post lots of pics and tell me whether it's the same thickness as the Z4 M wheel. I can't wait!!!
By youyou on 12-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Nope.

Instead he told me how he could raise the price if he wanted to.

Since you'll get yours first since you're a lot closer to Sweden where he's shipping it from, please be sure to post lots of pics and tell me whether it's the same thickness as the Z4 M wheel. I can't wait!!!

Lolol... Well it's still a good deal...
Anyhow as soon as i get it i will post pics.
Sucks that it will be sitting comfortably in my living room for over a month until i get my car
By bmwexecutive on 12-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Lolol... Well it's still a good deal...
Anyhow as soon as i get it i will post pics.
Sucks that it will be sitting comfortably in my living room for over a month until i get my car
Yeah. But at least you can sit in a leather chair with the steering wheel and pretend you're driving your new 335i.
By bmwexecutive on 12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Just got an e-mail from the seller. Apparently, he's shipping my wheel out tomorrow and I'll have it within 4-5 business days, which means by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Also, I asked about the thickness and he said that it's not as thick as the Z4 M, but it's "almost as thick." Hopefully almost means really really close.
By txusa03 on 12-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
man, this diy have got to be the hottest thing on e90post. Make me want to buy one. Let see if holding out will make the price drop
By youyou on 12-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah. But at least you can sit in a leather chair with the steering wheel and pretend you're driving your new 335i.

Hhahahahahaahaha...
Good one.
Well at least i have a loaner 2006 323i that i can rip a little before getting mine...
By youyou on 12-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Just got an e-mail from the seller. Apparently, he's shipping my wheel out tomorrow and I'll have it within 4-5 business days, which means by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Also, I asked about the thickness and he said that it's not as thick as the Z4 M, but it's "almost as thick." Hopefully almost means really really close.

Good to hear that he will be that quick on the shipping...
Sucks that he said it's not as thick as the z4M ... As you said let's hope that "almost as thick" means really really close...
By youyou on 12-12-2006, 09:35 PM
And by the way BMWEXECUTIVE still haven't forgotten you for the 5 series knob. That's gorgeous and will definitely get it from you.
But hopefully you can give me a better price
By Greeney on 12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
The Z4Ms wheel is Thick as shit, I cant wait to see what this wheel looks like when you guys get it!!
By s4iscool on 12-14-2006, 03:21 PM
add me to a satisfied customer on this DIY. The holes for the airbag release were hard to find from the original directions, but that picture at the bottom made all the difference.

Does anyone else's trim pannel not fit flush on the sides? all other areas its flush and nice, but down on the sides, it has a 3-5mm gap. no big deal, but wondering if normal
By HRC on 12-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4iscool
add me to a satisfied customer on this DIY. The holes for the airbag release were hard to find from the original directions, but that picture at the bottom made all the difference.

Does anyone else's trim pannel not fit flush on the sides? all other areas its flush and nice, but down on the sides, it has a 3-5mm gap. no big deal, but wondering if normal
You will find that everyone who has an M wheel without the M cover has this gap. The M cover fits the M wheel perfect. No big deal anyways.

Danny
By bavarian19 on 12-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
You will find that everyone who has an M wheel without the M cover has this gap. The M cover fits the M wheel perfect. No big deal anyways.

Danny

No big deal?!?!?!?!

You must not have OCD like the rest of us
By bavarian19 on 12-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4iscool

Glad you like your new wheel!!!

... sorry my directions were not clear. I wrote that all out in one sitting...
By HRC on 12-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
No big deal?!?!?!?!

LOL, well I have the M cover so...

Danny
By s4iscool on 12-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
No big deal?!?!?!?!

no worries mate...that last pic with the slits circled would be great in your DIY pics. I didnt look down there until I tried jabbing the screwdriver in the back for some time Thx again
By FirstClass on 12-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Everyone is comparing the wheel to the Z4M wheel. I believe it is both smaller (diameter) and thicker, right? So why not get a Z4M wheel and stick it on/modify it to fit. I'd guess with a drill press and the right bracket you could make it work.
By bmwexecutive on 12-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass
Everyone is comparing the wheel to the Z4M wheel. I believe it is both smaller (diameter) and thicker, right? So why not get a Z4M wheel and stick it on/modify it to fit. I'd guess with a drill press and the right bracket you could make it work.
I'd try it but steering wheels and airbags are both two things I don't want to mess with.
By bmwexecutive on 12-15-2006, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney
The Z4Ms wheel is Thick as shit, I cant wait to see what this wheel looks like when you guys get it!!
Hey Greeney,

The M6 is your dad's right? Does he ever let you drive it?
Comment