E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need help quick.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
jfarnkopf
Private First Class
 
jfarnkopf's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central NJ

Posts: 114
iTrader: (1)

Need help quick.

Ok guys, heres my dilemma. About 2 months ago I put my car in the shop for an engine malfunction (limp mode) which was fixed by replacing a faulty O2 sensor. I had the same check engine light again this week and made an appointment to have it looked at. Heres my problem, I recently bought a Bastuck quad exhaust and ar design down pipes that i want to have installed next weekend. Do you guys think that i should have these parts put on knowing that im going to have problems with my HPFP? I just dont want to screw myself by doing these mods and then have the dealership give me shit. although bob datri at circle bmw has been great every time ive been there..
jfarnkopf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarnkopf View Post
Ok guys, heres my dilemma. About 2 months ago I put my car in the shop for an engine malfunction (limp mode) which was fixed by replacing a faulty O2 sensor. I had the same check engine light again this week and made an appointment to have it looked at. Heres my problem, I recently bought a Bastuck quad exhaust and ar design down pipes that i want to have installed next weekend. Do you guys think that i should have these parts put on knowing that im going to have problems with my HPFP? I just dont want to screw myself by doing these mods and then have the dealership give me shit. although bob datri at circle bmw has been great every time ive been there..
how do u know you have or will have HPFP problems? Are you just assuming it will happen eventually?
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

My "Service Engine Soon" light came on this morning
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

^^^ It happened as soon as I turned on the car to warm it up!
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Three3OH
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona

Posts: 49
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2003 Acura NSX  [0.00]
I think you need to deal with one issue at a time. Hold off on the exhaust and downpipes install until the dealer corrects the limp mode issue. What good are these mods when your car doesn't even run. Next, arrange to have your exhaust and downpipes installed. Ask Bob Datri but I don't believe such mods will void the warranty for HPFP issues. THEN, if/when you EVER have HPFP issues take it back to the dealer to have them fix it. Why worry yourself with an issue that may never happen?

McMuffin, it's not polite to thread jack. If you have an issue create your own thread instead of posting useless information in someone else's. What does your "Service Engine Soon" light have to do with this topic? You should be on your way to the dealer also.
Three3OH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
john boxter
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 e93
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: long Island New York

Posts: 763
iTrader: (3)

and you say your 02 sensor caused you to have a limp mode i didnt that could happen?
john boxter is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john boxter View Post
and you say your 02 sensor caused you to have a limp mode i didnt that could happen?
the 02 sensors are critical point of the engine control. It certainly can cause a limp.

Hell just for kicks why dont you install your 02 sensors backwards when you get your AR downpipes and you'll see 1st hand.
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #8
e.n335
Moderator
 
e.n335's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

Posts: 4,480
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
the 02 sensors are critical point of the engine control. It certainly can cause a limp.

Hell just for kicks why dont you install your 02 sensors backwards when you get your AR downpipes and you'll see 1st hand.
Enhanced approach
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
e.n335 is offline   Austria
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST