E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Premium Hi FI Sound question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Enigma735
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Premium Hi FI Sound question

So a lot of dealers don't list the "Premium Hi Fi Sound" in the features part of the car details on their site. They just list Manufacturers own RDS AM/FM Radio and CD Player - Plays MP3, and then "Ten Speakers" below...

How am I to know if the car includes the premium audio.. which for me is a big selling point because I like my music while I drive...

If it says "Ten Speakers" does that mean premium? Does the standard system have 10 speakers as well?
Enigma735 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
Speeze
Private
 
Speeze's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 328i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 83
iTrader: (1)

I think Premium Hi-Fi with the 10 speakers is the standard system. The upgraded system is called Logic7 and has, I think, 13 speakers plus a small subwoofers under each front seat.

Then there is a BMW Audiophile package, but I don't think that is easily available in the US.
Speeze is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
anowlan
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 SG 740i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Logic 7/Further Upgrades

Logic 7 has 13 speakers. I have Logic 7 in my current 335i. center front, 2 in the A-pillars, two in the front doors, two subs under the seats, 4 in the rear side panels and 2 in the rear package shelf.

You can, if you work at it, order the upgraded premium stereo that is available on the M3 in an E90 or E92.

It's about a $1900 upgrade cost over the standard HiFi 10-speaker setup.
anowlan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
200Duece
Colonel
 
200Duece's Avatar
 
Drives: '73 2002,'12 X5 35d,'12 335 SL
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A Whale's Vagina, Ca

Posts: 2,552
iTrader: (5)

how can you work at ordering something that isn't an option on the production line?
__________________


1988 E28 535is Euro Conversion --- sold
2009 E90 335 6MT --- sold
200Duece is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,542
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200Duece View Post
how can you work at ordering something that isn't an option on the production line?
yea the m3 enhanced premium sound is JUST for the m3. i doubt you could order it for a non e9x m3....there is a reason why its soo exclusive
__________________
rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,938
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma735 View Post
So a lot of dealers don't list the "Premium Hi Fi Sound" in the features part of the car details on their site. They just list Manufacturers own RDS AM/FM Radio and CD Player - Plays MP3, and then "Ten Speakers" below...

How am I to know if the car includes the premium audio.. which for me is a big selling point because I like my music while I drive...

If it says "Ten Speakers" does that mean premium? Does the standard system have 10 speakers as well?
Premium = Top HiFi = Logic7 = 13 speakers
Standard = HiFi = 10 speakers

Just take a look at the window sticker and look for the 13-speakers/Logic7 printed somewhere, or the $875 charge for the upgrade option in the pricing column.
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
anowlan
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 SG 740i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

BMW Individual for US Spec 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
yea the m3 enhanced premium sound is JUST for the m3. i doubt you could order it for a non e9x m3....there is a reason why its soo exclusive
It's possible. Mine is being ordered with this. Jim E. on this forum also has a 335d with the "M3" Enhanced premium sound. I asked Jim E. how he did it. He put my CA in touch with his CA, who confirmed.

Here is the email from Denise at BMWNA:
Here's the information on your customer order question:
The BMW Individual High End Audio System (option 752) is available in the 335d in combination with option 609 and LC Dakota upholstery. Pricing is $1730 wholesale/ $1900 retail.

If your customer decides he wants to order the upgraded sound, let me know and I'll send you the form.


So in other words, if you get your CA to work at it, they can do it. This was the first time my CA had heard of this, and this is my second car from him so he's been doing his job for a while. You may find your CA doesn't know how to do it, too.
When you order, your CA must call BMWNA, and they will fax the CA a special order sheet. If you meet a roadblock down the road, let me know and I'll give you my CA's name so your CA can talk through it with them.
anowlan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
 
jopa489's Avatar
 
Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 6,561
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anowlan View Post
It's possible. Mine is being ordered with this. Jim E. on this forum also has a 335d with the "M3" Enhanced premium sound. I asked Jim E. how he did it. He put my CA in touch with his CA, who confirmed.

Here is the email from Denise at BMWNA:
Here's the information on your customer order question:
The BMW Individual High End Audio System (option 752) is available in the 335d in combination with option 609 and LC Dakota upholstery. Pricing is $1730 wholesale/ $1900 retail.

If your customer decides he wants to order the upgraded sound, let me know and I'll send you the form.


So in other words, if you get your CA to work at it, they can do it. This was the first time my CA had heard of this, and this is my second car from him so he's been doing his job for a while. You may find your CA doesn't know how to do it, too.
When you order, your CA must call BMWNA, and they will fax the CA a special order sheet. If you meet a roadblock down the road, let me know and I'll give you my CA's name so your CA can talk through it with them.
Wow, I had no idea that was possible. Cool stuff!
__________________

jopa489 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2009, 06:46 AM   #9
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,938
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anowlan View Post
It's possible. Mine is being ordered with this. Jim E. on this forum also has a 335d with the "M3" Enhanced premium sound. I asked Jim E. how he did it. He put my CA in touch with his CA, who confirmed.

Here is the email from Denise at BMWNA:
Here's the information on your customer order question:
The BMW Individual High End Audio System (option 752) is available in the 335d in combination with option 609 and LC Dakota upholstery. Pricing is $1730 wholesale/ $1900 retail.

If your customer decides he wants to order the upgraded sound, let me know and I'll send you the form.

So in other words, if you get your CA to work at it, they can do it. This was the first time my CA had heard of this, and this is my second car from him so he's been doing his job for a while. You may find your CA doesn't know how to do it, too.
When you order, your CA must call BMWNA, and they will fax the CA a special order sheet. If you meet a roadblock down the road, let me know and I'll give you my CA's name so your CA can talk through it with them.
Prepare for a $1900 disappointment...
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #10
TommyK
Brigadier General
 
TommyK's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 3,326
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i LCI  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to TommyK
^1 +1 its not worth getting if your going to pay that much. i have logic 7 and i dont think its all that cool, its really clear, could use a bit more bass though IMO
TommyK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #11
David1
Colonel
 
David1's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City With No Room For Ludicris Speed!

Posts: 2,543
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Prepare for a $1900 disappointment...
Yup, just heard this in an 09 M3 and set the EQ like I have my L7 set up. also played around with the settings after comparing. It is ever so slightly better. Save your money. If you mod the car with an exhaust and drive with the sunroof open you can't tell any difference. But on the M3 you need to get this system since the base audio in the M3 is worse than the base audio in the 3 series.
__________________
09 335i Coupe LBM - Black Dakota/Glacier aluminum-6spd|Nav|M-Sport|Premium|Logic7|Heated Seats|CA|BMW Performance Suspension & M3 Control Arms|M3 lip spoiler|Avant Garde M510 Wheels
07 335 coupe - Sold
David1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
 
Angry3's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 641
iTrader: (0)

Also, IIRC on the 2010 models I think the base stereo has been downgraded to 8 speakers. I know for sure this is the case with the 1 series, which no longer gets the second from the top 10 speaker setup as standard in the US.

With that in mind I would absolutely order the L7 stereo on a 10 model.
Angry3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
beemer3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 501
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
Also, IIRC on the 2010 models I think the base stereo has been downgraded to 8 speakers. I know for sure this is the case with the 1 series, which no longer gets the second from the top 10 speaker setup as standard in the US.

With that in mind I would absolutely order the L7 stereo on a 10 model.
I think in the U.S. for the 2010 models, the 3 series only have 6 speakers with no hi-fi. The 328i canadian models still have hi-fi but now with 8 speakers.
beemer3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #14
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,938
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Yup, just heard this in an 09 M3 and set the EQ like I have my L7 set up. also played around with the settings after comparing. It is ever so slightly better. Save your money. If you mod the car with an exhaust and drive with the sunroof open you can't tell any difference. But on the M3 you need to get this system since the base audio in the M3 is worse than the base audio in the 3 series.
Up to MY2009 the M3 and the 3-Series used to have the same exact standard OEM audio system (10 speakers, 180W, separate amp). For MY2010 the 3-Series will have a lower grade OEM audio system standard (6-speaker, 60W, no separate amp) than the M3 (10-speakers, 180W, separate amp).
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST