E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Looking for advice on my first BMW purchase......

09-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
mlf
Private

Drives: 3-Series E90

Looking for advice on my first BMW purchase......

I’m looking for some helpful advice on my first BMW purchase. First off, I’m not going to actually be buying until sometime in December. That is going to give me a little extra time to save for a down payment, and also, maybe I can get a better deal then when the dealer is trying to meet end of year quotas.

What I would like to get is a 2010 328i Sedan with the Z sport package and auto transmission. According to bmwusa.com, the MSRP for that is $37,150 and according to Edmunds, the invoice is $34,260. Anyone have any advice on what a good offer would be on just that?

The small problem I have though is that I want to upgrade to 18” wheels, preferably style 189. Would I be better off negotiating the price based on the above info, and then just getting new wheels separately, and perhaps selling the wheels that come with the car? Or would the dealer work with me and get the 189’s on the car from the factory for an extra charge?

Or, as possibly another route, would I be better off adding the M Sport package instead of the Z, which allows you to upgrade to 18” wheels? The MSRP on that is $39,450, and the invoice is $36,355. The problem with that though, is I don’t like the 193M wheels, and that is what comes with the upgrade.

Sorry for the length, but I know there are a lot of experts on this forum, and I’m just looking for some advice. I’m basically just looking for the most affordable route to get what I want (328i with 18”style 189 wheels).

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by mlf; 09-24-2009 at 03:00 PM.
      09-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
rambalu80
Captain

Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlf View Post
Iím looking for some helpful advice on my first BMW purchase. First off, Iím not going to actually be buying until sometime in December. That is going to give me a little extra time to save for a down payment, and also, maybe I can get a better deal then when the dealer is trying to meet end of year quotas.

What I would like to get is a 2010 328i Sedan with the Z sport package and auto transmission. According to bmwusa.com, the MSRP for that is $37,150 and according to Edmunds, the invoice is $34,260. Anyone have any advice on what a good offer would be on just that?

The small problem I have though is that I want to upgrade to 18Ē wheels, preferably style 189. Would I be better off negotiating the price based on the above info, and then just getting new wheels separately, and perhaps selling the wheels that come with the car? Or would the dealer work with me and get the 189ís on the car from the factory for an extra charge?

Or, as possibly another route, would I be better off adding the M Sport package instead of the Z, which allows you to upgrade to 18Ē wheels? The MSRP on that is $39,450, and the invoice is $36,355. The problem with that though, is I donít like the 193M wheels, and that is what comes with the upgrade.

Sorry for the length, but I know there are a lot of experts on this forum, and Iím just looking for some advice. Iím basically just looking for the most affordable route to get what I want (328i with 18Ēstyle 189 wheels).

Thanks
Mike
If you have more than one dealer in the area, contact all of them and see where you can get the best pricing. I'm positive that you will get a deal just over invoice and maybe even under invoice depending on your negotiation skills.

You could negotiate with the dealer to give you a deduct for the tire and wheel take off but I think you may be better off buying the wheels you like on our very own e90post marketplace!
rambalu80 is offline   United_States
      09-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!

Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
If you have more than one dealer in the area, contact all of them and see where you can get the best pricing. I'm positive that you will get a deal just over invoice and maybe even under invoice depending on your negotiation skills.

You could negotiate with the dealer to give you a deduct for the tire and wheel take off but I think you may be better off buying the wheels you like on our very own e90post marketplace!
With all respect I don't think the best negotiator in the world is going to find a dealer to sell an ordered 2010 model under invoice, at least unless some serious lockable incentives are announced.

Typically $500 over is viewed as about as low as most dealers will even consider going on these cars, and the OP may have to work pretty hard for that depending on his market.