E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > KW V3 - UUC Sway Review

09-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
who's ur daddy?
Colonel

Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

KW V3 - UUC Sway Review

The Short Review:

WOW.

The Longer Review:

Wow. Love these things. This suspension mod has taken over top spot as my favourite mod. The M3 steering wheel was okay (not as much a change as I expected - the E46 sport wheel to M3 was a drastic change; the E90 sport wheel to the M3 wheel - not as much so (for me)), but it has taken a back seat to the KW V3/UUC.

I took the xi to the track before and all I can say is that the suspension is pretty soft. The transitions between corners was really unsettling to the car and thus to the driver. On the street, the word I would ascribe to the stock suspension is "sloppy". Way too much body roll.

With the KW V3's and UUC sways, the car just corners on rails. Really flat. Just fun fun fun. Over bumps, the car seems just a tad more stiff, but surprisingly it just seems so much more controlled - more solid. Not sure if it's the rebound setting. I might tweak it a little softer, but not much more so.

I never understood why people would swap out suspensions - thought it was a terrible waste of money. But the unsettling body roll made me look at this option. I now totally understand why people re-do their suspensions...

I love these KW V3's.

Last benefit is that they make my 18" wheels look better - no so much like donuts...

Pics in a few days.

100% would do this as my first mod if I knew then what I know now!!! Seriously, would have replaced my suspension the first week of ownership!!!
      09-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
stratplaya06
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 335xi

Did you get front and rear sways? I assume you got both, and if so, Notice any understeer problems with the staggered wheels?

I have heard that putting a front sway on the xi cars isn't the best of choices, and that just putting a rear sway and maybe new bushings for the stock bar up front may be the better choice. That being said, not many people have tried what you have, so I am open to your feedback.

I find that with my stock 17" all seasons, while the ride is amazing on the smooth pavement, some of the rougher stuff can be down right brutal. It is even stiffer than my father's e60 m5 with suspension set to the firmest setting...I think I need to adjust mine, but it is hard to because even with the stock sways and 225 "no seasons" the corning is unbelievably flat and grippy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my setup as my sig no longer has it. kwv3 with stock 17" runcrap no seasons
stratplaya06 is offline   United_States
      09-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
who's ur daddy?
Colonel

Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplaya06 View Post
Did you get front and rear sways? I assume you got both, and if so, Notice any understeer problems with the staggered wheels?

I have heard that putting a front sway on the xi cars isn't the best of choices, and that just putting a rear sway and maybe new bushings for the stock bar up front may be the better choice. That being said, not many people have tried what you have, so I am open to your feedback.

I find that with my stock 17" all seasons, while the ride is amazing on the smooth pavement, some of the rougher stuff can be down right brutal. It is even stiffer than my father's e60 m5 with suspension set to the firmest setting...I think I need to adjust mine, but it is hard to because even with the stock sways and 225 "no seasons" the corning is unbelievably flat and grippy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my setup as my sig no longer has it. kwv3 with stock 17" runcrap no seasons
Yes, got both front and rear. I haven't been able to push it to the understeer/oversteer limit though. In an open parking lot just doing a quick hard circle, I could sense a little understeer coming I think, but couldn't tell as there was some chattering from the wheels - maybe DSC/DTC interfering... was just really parking the car instead of a full try out - wife and kids were waiting in the restaurant...
      09-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
stratplaya06
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 335xi

Haha I know how things like that can be...

Update me when you really push the hell out of it as to how it feels. I need an excuse to pull the trigger on sways

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
stratplaya06 is offline   United_States
      09-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco

Drives: Slow..

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
thanks for the review..I agree on the V3s and am excited to get the sways. How hard was install? Any issues with cv joint pressure/failure, especially up front?