E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > New To Nor-cal



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-07-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
135i_TT's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,436
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to 135i_TT Send a message via Yahoo to 135i_TT
New To Nor-cal

Hey pple, so ive been gone from this forum for a loooooong time or so it seems, I posted this thread in off topic on 1addicts and someone suggested me to post here so here I am: I had an amazing time in California last month, instead of just staying for a wk and half i ended up staying a whole month... went snowboadring 2 wknds in Tahoe, went to San Fran to see the Golden Gate Bridge, went to Santa Cruz and visited the Mystery Spot, went to Carmel and shopped and went to their beach and visited the Million+ Dollar houses and so much more. I came home 2 wks ago, things arent going as planned here but i got offered a good paying job in california so now im pakn and getn ready to move to Sacramento this coming wknd. I dont know anyone in California besides my Mom, Dad, Little Brother and Sister, im leaving everything and everyone behind here in texas so this is totaly new to me, hope its not long that I have friends more around my age. If your around Sac and wana chill hit me up. It would be SUPER AWESOME if yall could have a meet that I can take my brother to welcome me to CA
But thats up to yall of course
__________________

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
Joonsup's Avatar
South Korea
194
Rep
17,311
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to Joonsup
Welcome to california. I think there's a few people from the sacramento area on these forums. However most of the time the meets or gatherings happen more closer to the San Francisco Bay Area. (fyi don't call it San Fran. I believe the acceptable words are San Francisco, SF, or "the city". I am not sure if Frisco will get you shot but just to be safe I'd stay away from using that word as well.

Pmann is a local member who lives in Sacramento I believe and he drives to the meets sometimes. I"m not sure who else resides there. Although it is expensive to live in CA, I can't imagine living anywhere else. Hopefully the higher cost of living is offset by the higher pay compared to other states with a lower cost of living. Good luck and welcome
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
jhv
Lieutenant General
jhv's Avatar
No_Country
443
Rep
17,307
Posts

 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

isnt the guy with that crazy project montego E92 335 from sacramento?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Minefield
Colonel
27
Rep
2,713
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Welcome to california. I think there's a few people from the sacramento area on these forums. However most of the time the meets or gatherings happen more closer to the San Francisco Bay Area. (fyi don't call it San Fran. I believe the acceptable words are San Francisco, SF, or "the city". I am not sure if Frisco will get you shot but just to be safe I'd stay away from using that word as well.

Pmann is a local member who lives in Sacramento I believe and he drives to the meets sometimes. I"m not sure who else resides there. Although it is expensive to live in CA, I can't imagine living anywhere else. Hopefully the higher cost of living is offset by the higher pay compared to other states with a lower cost of living. Good luck and welcome
+1 and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
s1cke92
Brigadier General
s1cke92's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
3,706
Posts

 
Drives: NA1 NSX, E92 335, LS460
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA 916

iTrader: (21)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
im from elk grove which is in sac...it will be good to see a 1'er around since there not too many out here haha..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
s1cke92
Brigadier General
s1cke92's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
3,706
Posts

 
Drives: NA1 NSX, E92 335, LS460
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA 916

iTrader: (21)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
isnt the guy with that crazy project montego E92 335 from sacramento?
thats the other guy haha..are they related?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
E90RYANJB
............
E90RYANJB's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
1,023
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (6)

welcome!
I'm from sacramento as well.just few here are from the post.there is a lot of
e46fanatics and from the forums though.just hit me up when you get to sac.what part of sac town you movin' at?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
135i_TT's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,436
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to 135i_TT Send a message via Yahoo to 135i_TT
Thanks Everyone. Im moving to Notomas area.
__________________

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
pmann
Driving Nirvana
pmann's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
602
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Dinan3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granite Bay, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 Dinan3  [4.50]
Send a message via AIM to pmann Send a message via MSN to pmann Send a message via Yahoo to pmann
Yo, and welcome to the area.



I am from Sacramento like JS said, and I try to be active when it comes to attending events. Big events and meets are usually in SF, and its only a 1.5-2 hour drive if there is no traffic.

The first meet I went to everyone thought I was nuts to drive down from Sacramento. But like I said, its only a 1.5 hour drive, and its worth it to catch up with whats going on, and what people have done. Eventually, this summer when the schedule opens up a bit, I want to plan a Sacramento meet to meet the Sacramento guys, and to see if we can lure some Bay Area members up here.


With that said, you bringing the 135i over?
__________________

2006 BMW Dinan3| Jet Black | Black Dakota Leather | Light Poplar Trim | Euro Lights | Vorsteiner Aero Front Spoiler | Vorsteiner VRS Vented Race Hood | SSR Type C Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
shragon
Moderator
shragon's Avatar
No_Country
321
Rep
27,450
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i SG Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Welcome to california. I think there's a few people from the sacramento area on these forums. However most of the time the meets or gatherings happen more closer to the San Francisco Bay Area. (fyi don't call it San Fran. I believe the acceptable words are San Francisco, SF, or "the city". I am not sure if Frisco will get you shot but just to be safe I'd stay away from using that word as well.

Pmann is a local member who lives in Sacramento I believe and he drives to the meets sometimes. I"m not sure who else resides there. Although it is expensive to live in CA, I can't imagine living anywhere else. Hopefully the higher cost of living is offset by the higher pay compared to other states with a lower cost of living. Good luck and welcome
+1. and don't use frisco.

welcome to nor*cal!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 03:22 AM   #11
s1cke92
Brigadier General
s1cke92's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
3,706
Posts

 
Drives: NA1 NSX, E92 335, LS460
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA 916

iTrader: (21)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmann View Post
Yo, and welcome to the area.



I am from Sacramento like JS said, and I try to be active when it comes to attending events. Big events and meets are usually in SF, and its only a 1.5-2 hour drive if there is no traffic.

The first meet I went to everyone thought I was nuts to drive down from Sacramento. But like I said, its only a 1.5 hour drive, and its worth it to catch up with whats going on, and what people have done. Eventually, this summer when the schedule opens up a bit, I want to plan a Sacramento meet to meet the Sacramento guys, and to see if we can lure some Bay Area members up here.


With that said, you bringing the 135i over?

make that meet happen! ill be there haha

and out here in cali we dont say bro we say BraH!!! HAHAHAH nah im jp lmfao

i dont get frisco i say it all the time. dint get shot yet. shiett hope not *knockonwood* haha
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 03:23 AM   #12
s1cke92
Brigadier General
s1cke92's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
3,706
Posts

 
Drives: NA1 NSX, E92 335, LS460
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA 916

iTrader: (21)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
natomas...only guy i know as of now is Ray with LSB E46 M3 very kool guy.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
jhermosillo
Private
jhermosillo's Avatar
1
Rep
79
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe/SG-Black/PP/SP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Welcome to california. I think there's a few people from the sacramento area on these forums. However most of the time the meets or gatherings happen more closer to the San Francisco Bay Area. (fyi don't call it San Fran. I believe the acceptable words are San Francisco, SF, or "the city". I am not sure if Frisco will get you shot but just to be safe I'd stay away from using that word as well.

Pmann is a local member who lives in Sacramento I believe and he drives to the meets sometimes. I"m not sure who else resides there. Although it is expensive to live in CA, I can't imagine living anywhere else. Hopefully the higher cost of living is offset by the higher pay compared to other states with a lower cost of living. Good luck and welcome

joonsup, I see you are a very avtive member from the Bay Area, I am about to receive my new set of Wheels and Drop. (Vellano Vso and Eibach Springs) It would be nice to have a meet in the coming two weeks or so, I don't know if a meet is already set for this coming weeks.

Saludos

John
__________________


2008 335i Coupe, Space Gray - Black Interiors, Sport Package,
Premium Package, Vellano VSO 19x9, 19x10,
hankooks V12 245/35 F and 275/30 R.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
Joonsup's Avatar
South Korea
194
Rep
17,311
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to Joonsup
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhermosillo View Post
joonsup, I see you are a very avtive member from the Bay Area, I am about to receive my new set of Wheels and Drop. (Vellano Vso and Eibach Springs) It would be nice to have a meet in the coming two weeks or so, I don't know if a meet is already set for this coming weeks.

Saludos

John
Hi John,

We plan on having a meet the week of October 5th...most likely on the thursday of that week (Oct 8th). There's a few people who have moved to the Bay Area from out of state, so we plan on having a welcome to the Bay Area type of meet. Once things get finalized it will be posted in the norcal section with details on what time and where at. Hopefully you will be able to make it to that meet so that everyone can get to know each other and put people's faces to their e90post user names.

I'll discuss it with some of the other active norcal members to finalize everything. Location is tbd but the general area will be the south bay (fremont/milpitas). Check back regularily this coming week. Hopefully it'll be a big turn out!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #15
jhermosillo
Private
jhermosillo's Avatar
1
Rep
79
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe/SG-Black/PP/SP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Hi John,

We plan on having a meet the week of October 5th...most likely on the thursday of that week (Oct 8th). There's a few people who have moved to the Bay Area from out of state, so we plan on having a welcome to the Bay Area type of meet. Once things get finalized it will be posted in the norcal section with details on what time and where at. Hopefully you will be able to make it to that meet so that everyone can get to know each other and put people's faces to their e90post user names.

I'll discuss it with some of the other active norcal members to finalize everything. Location is tbd but the general area will be the south bay (fremont/milpitas). Check back regularily this coming week. Hopefully it'll be a big turn out!

Thanks man I will be lookong forward to hear news for this meet.

Saludos
__________________


2008 335i Coupe, Space Gray - Black Interiors, Sport Package,
Premium Package, Vellano VSO 19x9, 19x10,
hankooks V12 245/35 F and 275/30 R.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
Mahhvinn's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
7,953
Posts

 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
yay for new cali members!
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #17
J3 L U N T
Philly that is...
7
Rep
221
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

count me in everyone! i just moved here from philadelphia and dying for a meet n greet. had my car detailed last week, by a forum member, after her long 4500 mile drive across the USA. SF is amazing and would love to cruise with some other BMWs in the area... if that goes on at all??!

J3
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #18
jhermosillo
Private
jhermosillo's Avatar
1
Rep
79
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe/SG-Black/PP/SP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 L U N T View Post
count me in everyone! i just moved here from philadelphia and dying for a meet n greet. had my car detailed last week, by a forum member, after her long 4500 mile drive across the USA. SF is amazing and would love to cruise with some other BMWs in the area... if that goes on at all??!

J3
Welcome to the bay area, sure let;s meet one of these days and have a nice chat and drive, great road around here. I am in the North Bay (marin county)
__________________


2008 335i Coupe, Space Gray - Black Interiors, Sport Package,
Premium Package, Vellano VSO 19x9, 19x10,
hankooks V12 245/35 F and 275/30 R.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST