E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Warranty Almost Expired!

10-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
BimmerOne
Private
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 325xi - SGM

Arrow Warranty Almost Expired!

Hey everyone,

After weeks of relying on this site for reliable information, I felt it was about time I post a question of my own.

My 2006 325xi has a month left of it's warranty. I have paid the dealership to complete a full mechanical inspection - they found a few things to be fixed under warranty. In your experience, is there anything that they may have not found that I should have checked out?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: I Can not say

Cruise through this thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255104

What did they find on your car?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
max_asdf
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: e90

im about to this point as well, is paying the ~$100 for the dealer to do a full mechanical check,worth it.

will they acutally point out problems for you and change it for free under warranty, or they can leave it, and maybe the part will last you 2 months, and you can bring it back to fix at your own costs... that would be horrible service.. but that would be good business !!!!

ya, what did they find in your car? anything major ?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_asdf View Post
im about to this point as well, is paying the ~$100 for the dealer to do a full mechanical check,worth it.

will they acutally point out problems for you and change it for free under warranty, or they can leave it, and maybe the part will last you 2 months, and you can bring it back to fix at your own costs... that would be horrible service.. but that would be good business !!!!

ya, what did they find in your car? anything major ?
If they find it under warranty they get to bill BMW for it, they will take care of it for you if they can.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
BimmerOne
Private
Rep

After doing a scan they found an issue with the occupancy sensor (supposedly a $1000 repair, so it turned out to be worth the $100!) and there is also an issue with the A/C, needs a tiny piece of foam but will require taking half of the car apart. Now I come home to realize that my washer fluid is leaking! I called my service rep and he assured me that they would take care of it, in our out of warranty, at no cost to me. Nice guys!

Thanks for your replies...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
Roowah
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerOne View Post
After doing a scan they found an issue with the occupancy sensor (supposedly a $1000 repair, so it turned out to be worth the $100!) and there is also an issue with the A/C, needs a tiny piece of foam but will require taking half of the car apart. Now I come home to realize that my washer fluid is leaking! I called my service rep and he assured me that they would take care of it, in our out of warranty, at no cost to me. Nice guys!

Thanks for your replies...
What exactly was the problem they found with the AC?

2006 E90 330i 6MT: TiAg|Black Leather|Poplar Trim|Premium Package|Cold Weather Package
2003 E46 325i 5MT: Retired - The beginning of my BMW obsession!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
BimmerOne
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roowah View Post
What exactly was the problem they found with the AC?
I was recently on a road trip from Toronto to Halifax (via Boston and Maine) and it was fairly hot outside so we had the A/C on AUTO and set our temperatures. After a while, the fan would be blowing really strong but little to no air was actually coming out. I assumed something was "freezing up" but the service dept told me it just needed to have a tube wrapped in foam. I'm not sure what's wrong exactly, I'll keep you posted when it gets fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
StoneCold
Captain
Rep

Drives: BMW 2008 328i Coupe, Pro 02/08

Quote:
Hey everyone,

After weeks of relying on this site for reliable information, I felt it was about time I post a question of my own.

My 2006 325xi has a month left of it's warranty. I have paid the dealership to complete a full mechanical inspection - they found a few things to be fixed under warranty. In your experience, is there anything that they may have not found that I should have checked out?

Thanks!
Great info. I will definitely have this done before the warranty starts to expire as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
volkswackin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: too broke for a BMW

Quote:
I was recently on a road trip from Toronto to Halifax (via Boston and Maine) and it was fairly hot outside so we had the A/C on AUTO and set our temperatures. After a while, the fan would be blowing really strong but little to no air was actually coming out. I assumed something was "freezing up" but the service dept told me it just needed to have a tube wrapped in foam. I'm not sure what's wrong exactly, I'll keep you posted when it gets fixed.
yea i think theres a bulletin for the temp sensor not reading properly causing incorrect vent temps..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #10
BimmerOne
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkswackin View Post
yea i think theres a bulletin for the temp sensor not reading properly causing incorrect vent temps..
It wasn't that, because even when I manually turned it to MAX COOL, it wouldn't work. I'll let you know what the problem is exactly when they fix it in a week or two.
Appreciate 0