E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Long Island Car Wash



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
dillon733
Major
dillon733's Avatar
16
Rep
1,126
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: new york

iTrader: (2)

Long Island Car Wash

As the winter approaches many people will no longer be hand washing their cars themselves. In the past i have always washed my car myself by hand even in the winter. It has yet to see a car wash but as the temperatures get colder its crazy to wash the car yourself in the winter. Last year my driveway would become a solid sheet of ice after washing. I realize it is insane to wash your car when it is 30 or colder outside and that is why I was wondering of the best possible car wash that is on long island.
Please weigh in, all suggestions are appreciated.
I no this was discussed in the past but it has been a while and many car washes have opened and closed as well as changed in wash quality in that time.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
TT3 iN NyC's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
2,314
Posts

 
Drives: AW/CR e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: nYc

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to TT3 iN NyC
you can goto Tint Max in Flushing, Queens. Google "tint max" and you'll find their number and address. Tint max is a drive in and park, trackless car wash. Highly recommend.
__________________
'07 e92 335i: Alpine White/Coral Red/Aluminum Trim
COBB S2+FMIC | Stett CAI | Stett CP | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | AR DPs | 335iS Mufflers |
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
65
Rep
3,859
Posts

 
Drives: TT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LI

iTrader: (7)

Tintmax is good

you can try Sonic hand wash in bellerose too
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Easternedge
Printing, Custom Vinyl, Promo sunglasses
Easternedge's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
1,243
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Easternedge
5 Corners on Hillside and Denton in New Hyde Park. My car comes out Immaculate EVERYTIME!! + ONLY place I trust too.
__________________
Exclusive Forum Discounts: Every type of Printing, contour cut vinyl, and Promotional Sunglasses www.EPICiWear.com *Creator of the exclusive 2010 BMW e90/e92/e93 Calendar*
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Heartless
First Lieutenant
Heartless's Avatar
6
Rep
319
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Heartless
westbury on old country road....only handwashing place I trust

http://www.westburycarwash.com/

14 Urban Avenue
Westbury, NY 11590
Tel: 516.333.8808
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
mwahlert's Avatar
29
Rep
1,556
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Durham, NC

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
anything in suffolk?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
SPANAK
First Lieutenant
SPANAK's Avatar
Greece
3
Rep
300
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 330xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (2)

I've gone to Five Corners and Ultra Sonic and they both do a good job.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
TiAg335i
Trance Life
TiAg335i's Avatar
United_States
112
Rep
4,711
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (4)

I took my car to five corners. They don't offer tire shine in their regular wash package. I thought that was odd and a bit of a ripoff.

Also the towels they use in the interior can scratch your tint.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
65
Rep
3,859
Posts

 
Drives: TT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LI

iTrader: (7)

yeah i stopped going to 5 corners a longgg time ago cause of the track

ultra sonic ftw
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #10
kennychopra17
Major
kennychopra17's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,308
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

I go to H&J Hand Carwash in Melville (route 110), just north of the LIE.
__________________
2009 E90 335i Sapphire Black Met l Oyster and Black Dakota Leather l Premium l Sport l Cold l I-drive l Ipod l Active Cruise l PDC l HD Radio l Sirius l Logic 7 l CA l Step w/ Paddles l

2007 E92 6MT Sapphire Blk Met - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
328i
Colonel
328i's Avatar
32
Rep
2,773
Posts

 
Drives: E46 ///M
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (14)

Any handwash is going to result in swirls. If you have a jet black car especially, then you should stay away. Look into Optimum No Rinse.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
dillon733
Major
dillon733's Avatar
16
Rep
1,126
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: new york

iTrader: (2)

Thanks for the suggestions guys keep em coming. I'll be sure to check some of these places out. Just a few comments though. I have tried 5 corners with my friends car and i was disappointed with the wash and find them overpriced. My dad takes his car to westbury every week. They are really nice guys over there and the car always comes out clean but i have seen the way they wash and i know because my car is jet black that after a couple of washes my car will look like sh!t due to swirls. I am definatly going to check out the other places you guys suggested and i appreciate the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
Any handwash is going to result in swirls. If you have a jet black car especially, then you should stay away. Look into Optimum No Rinse.
I have looked into optimum no rinse. I just cant help but to feel that it uses some harsh chemicals that may eat away wax/sealent. In addition to that even if it doesn't eat away clear coat it is only a temperory "cheap thrill" your car will probably look great when your done but after about a month your car will have those spots that need to be properly cleaned with good old soap and water.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #13
328i
Colonel
328i's Avatar
32
Rep
2,773
Posts

 
Drives: E46 ///M
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon733 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys keep em coming. I'll be sure to check some of these places out. Just a few comments though. I have tried 5 corners with my friends car and i was disappointed with the wash and find them overpriced. My dad takes his car to westbury every week. They are really nice guys over there and the car always comes out clean but i have seen the way they wash and i know because my car is jet black that after a couple of washes my car will look like sh!t due to swirls. I am definatly going to check out the other places you guys suggested and i appreciate the suggestions.



I have looked into optimum no rinse. I just cant help but to feel that it uses some harsh chemicals that may eat away wax/sealent. In addition to that even if it doesn't eat away clear coat it is only a temperory "cheap thrill" your car will probably look great when your done but after about a month your car will have those spots that need to be properly cleaned with good old soap and water.
It uses no harsh chemicals, it just works in a different way. What it does is it encapsulates the dirt away from the paint. It's actually better for your sealant/wax as it tends to add slickness because of the polymers in the product. It's no cheap thrill or over-hyped product, it's the real deal. You are more likely to get water spotting using conventional washing compared to ONR.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #14
dillon733
Major
dillon733's Avatar
16
Rep
1,126
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: new york

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
It uses no harsh chemicals, it just works in a different way. What it does is it encapsulates the dirt away from the paint. It's actually better for your sealant/wax as it tends to add slickness because of the polymers in the product. It's no cheap thrill or over-hyped product, it's the real deal. You are more likely to get water spotting using conventional washing compared to ONR.
The theory sounds good. Do you have any experience with it from personal use? and what about washing your rims? theoretically could you use it on your rims?
i would think you can because i use car soap on my rims obviously using a separate bucket and wash mitt. Even though the m3 gets brake dust quickly it comes off just running your hands over it. No scrubbing needed. I always either use zymol or meguires gold class shampoo.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
328i
Colonel
328i's Avatar
32
Rep
2,773
Posts

 
Drives: E46 ///M
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon733 View Post
The theory sounds good. Do you have any experience with it from personal use? and what about washing your rims? theoretically could you use it on your rims?
i would think you can because i use car soap on my rims obviously using a separate bucket and wash mitt. Even though the m3 gets brake dust quickly it comes off just running your hands over it. No scrubbing needed. I always either use zymol or meguires gold class shampoo.
Yes, I actually detail cars so I've had plenty experience with ONR along with conventional washing. ONR is my wash of choice for the winter. For rims I recommend dedicating a separate wash media(grout sponge is what I like) that will only be used for the wheels. Also you may have to pre-treat the wheels if they're very dirty with a product such as Optimum Power Clean or CG Wheel gel. However if you have no trouble cleaning the wheels with regular wash soap then you won't have a problem with ONR.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #16
Cyruz
Captain
10
Rep
620
Posts

 
Drives: Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternedge View Post
5 Corners on Hillside and Denton in New Hyde Park. My car comes out Immaculate EVERYTIME!! + ONLY place I trust too.
+1 every time i go to my parents house i swing by there. have been going for years.

if you are east, there is a place just as good. its called Don's Hand wash on the corner of 347 and southern blvd.
__________________
Living on the fringe of lunacy

my zenfolio photo gallery
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST