E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Accident :( :( :(

10-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #23
XKaLiBaR
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

You have done this all long! First thing you need to do is call accident Exchange! You do not need to get your own insurance company involved. Which will cancel out any reason for not declaring mods. If you hit someone, and it was your insurance company paying out for your modded part, then thats something completely different.

At the end of the day, if the micra driver hit a zonda, and broke the back bumper, the cost of repairing that bumper would be 20 times as much as your bumper. So it doesnt matter whether the car he has hit is modded or not, they have to pay for the damage caused by ther customer.

You can still get accident exchange involved. They will give you a like for like car. When someone scraped my back bumper, i got an M6 They will also take care of EVERYTHING with the other insurance company.

You also need to get yourself to a doctors, or hospital.
Mods ListAP Racing BBKs, Bilstein PSS10 , Rogue Engineering Pulleys, RTM and Transmission Mounts, Eibach ARBs, Supersprint LightWeight Race Muffler, Miltek 100 Cell Cats, Recaro Pole Positions, Aluminium Brushed Trim, Csl Steering wheel, Imola Red Arm Rest, CSL Diffuser, 10mm Eibach Spacers, Depo Indicators, Custom blacked out front grills, Carbon Fibre Side Grills, Custom UUC ClutchStop, CSL OEM Bootlid, V-CSL Bumper,
      10-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #24
XKaLiBaR
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
If you are talking accident exchange, then yes. Car was taken in the next day, replacement 330d Touring supplied for the duration and all billed to the other party. Only down side was all the form filling and justification for the replacement car when the other insurers were trying to wriggle out of the costs (they price them at about 2k/week). Was looking like going to court, but that was just the other insurers stringing things out as long as possible. So in the end was all sorted in 50 weeks, and without my having to spend a single penny, or lift a finger other than fill in forms.

(Car itself was fixed in two weeks).

they are awesome
Mods ListAP Racing BBKs, Bilstein PSS10 , Rogue Engineering Pulleys, RTM and Transmission Mounts, Eibach ARBs, Supersprint LightWeight Race Muffler, Miltek 100 Cell Cats, Recaro Pole Positions, Aluminium Brushed Trim, Csl Steering wheel, Imola Red Arm Rest, CSL Diffuser, 10mm Eibach Spacers, Depo Indicators, Custom blacked out front grills, Carbon Fibre Side Grills, Custom UUC ClutchStop, CSL OEM Bootlid, V-CSL Bumper,
      10-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #25
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

They may repair the car back to the original state the car was ordered with unless you mention to the dealer about the special part. If they do repair it back to the original state you could always buy the diffuser back out of your whiplash claim - oops!

10-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #26
edowen
Major

Drives: E90 320d Ed, 640d M, 5.0 TVR

not really clever admitting your car has undeclared modifications on a public internet forum....
      10-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #27
edowen
Major

Drives: E90 320d Ed, 640d M, 5.0 TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLSEN View Post
They may repair the car back to the original state the car was ordered with unless you mention to the dealer about the special part. If they do repair it back to the original state you could always buy the diffuser back out of your whiplash claim - oops!
I know you are joking, but this sort of comment makes my blood boil. Your insurance is 10-20% higher because of all the fake personal injury claims going on......
      10-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #28
MIKEYBMW1
GT3

Drives: PORSCHE GT3

and it makes me blood boil even more when people drive into you and then try to deny all knowledge.
      10-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #29
bape
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e92 m3 DCT

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the advice! Judging by the replies I think I will definitely do it through accident exchange! (Still cant believe XKaLiBaR got an m6 as a replacement car!!), it seems like less of an hassle as well.

I will probably ask accident exchange for advice as to how to claim back the undeclared diffuser.....

Any further advice will be much appreciated!

p.s. I will post updates on the situation!
bape is offline   United Kingdom
      10-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #30
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
50 wks sounds like a long term hassle (and worry)
      10-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #31
MIKEYBMW1
GT3

nearly the same with me when some prat drove into my parked van admitted it at the time so did not call the police , she has since denied all knowledge so now going to court I have witnesses though so we shall see incident happen last AUGUST 2008!!!!!!!!!
      10-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #32
bape
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e92 m3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
nearly the same with me when some prat drove into my parked van admitted it at the time so did not call the police , she has since denied all knowledge so now going to court I have witnesses though so we shall see incident happen last AUGUST 2008!!!!!!!!!
Mikey you should have used your phone camera to take some snaps of the accident!
bape is offline   United Kingdom
      10-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #33
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
I know you are joking, but this sort of comment makes my blood boil. Your insurance is 10-20% higher because of all the fake personal injury claims going on......
Don't worry I'm only joking I was in a BIG smash in 2007 and got a payout but I dammed deserved it!!!

10-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #34
MIKEYBMW1
GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bape View Post
Mikey you should have used your phone camera to take some snaps of the accident!
got pics as well mate this is the bloody stupid thing , pics witnesses and they are still trying to wriggle out of paying .
      10-19-2009, 02:56 AM   #35
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
I wouldn't get anyone else involved, definately not your own insurance company unless you want a bump in your premium. Avoid using insurance scam places like Insurance Exchange or any other Accident management organisations, they are all a con, Yes you don't have to pay for it but in the end we all end up paying for it in premiums, my wife is in insurance and she reckons we pay almost 11.6% premium on insurance because of these places.

Take it to a good indy bodyshop (or the place that supplier the carbon bit). Get them to quote for the repairs and submit that quote to his insurance company. Normally all that is quoted is labour on an insurance estimate (parts prices vary daily). They will carry out the fix and job done.

Just make sure though that the bumper is replaced though as its well hosed.

A great indy bodyshop that I use for everything (he does BMW/Porker/Maranello work for dealerships) is Ital Coachworks near Wembley Stadium on 0208 902 1211. He can sometimes be busy but does stonking work, better than any BMW bodyshop. The MD used to run a BMW Dealership bodyshop.
Neil McRae is offline   United Kingdom