E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Where to get new intercooler clamps when reinstalling OEM FMIC?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bubbletea 4 me's Avatar
 
Drives: Finally here
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (5)

Where to get new intercooler clamps when reinstalling OEM FMIC?

i may be removing my Helix FMIC and put the stock one back on (might be parting out the car). I was told that i can't use the original clamps and will need to source new intercooler clamps.

Does anyone know if they sell just the clamps at bmw? if so, what's the part # and how much are they?

Or is there anywhere else i can buy these clamps? can i use like regular hose clamps from home depote?

Any one with prior experience please share some suggestions.

Thanks
bubbletea 4 me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Donald-335i
Banned
 
Drives: The Hoes Crazy!
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central NJ

Posts: 3,593
iTrader: (13)

tischer
Donald-335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bubbletea 4 me's Avatar
 
Drives: Finally here
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (5)

i asked but they don't carry just the clamps. i was told it only comes with the intercooler? is that true?
bubbletea 4 me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
 
Kevin@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
 
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hillsborough, nj

Posts: 28,154
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
i may be removing my Helix FMIC and put the stock one back on (might be parting out the car). I was told that i can't use the original clamps and will need to source new intercooler clamps.

Does anyone know if they sell just the clamps at bmw? if so, what's the part # and how much are they?

Or is there anywhere else i can buy these clamps? can i use like regular hose clamps from home depote?

Any one with prior experience please share some suggestions.

Thanks
use regular clamps the proper diameter or the ones from the helix
Kevin@AKMotorwerk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bubbletea 4 me's Avatar
 
Drives: Finally here
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (5)

helix clamps will be off the car along with the fmic (so i can sell them with all parts intact for the buyer).
bubbletea 4 me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
 
Kevin@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
 
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hillsborough, nj

Posts: 28,154
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
helix clamps will be off the car along with the fmic (so i can sell them with all parts intact for the buyer).
so just go to napa or whatever and get whatever they are 2.5 or 3" hose clamps
Kevin@AKMotorwerk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
Snertz
H O O N
 
Snertz's Avatar
 
Drives: ein M?!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 540
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via AIM to Snertz Send a message via Skype™ to Snertz
Regular hose clamps from Home Depot or Lowes will be fine. I just did an install using them, 6 pack of SS clamps for under 10 bucks
__________________

U WOT M8?
Snertz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,519
iTrader: (1)

regular worm clamps will work fine, but if he wants it to look OEM he needs the OEM clamps. i'm surprised Tischer can't source them for you.

did you speak with Wes?
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
 
Kevin@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
 
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hillsborough, nj

Posts: 28,154
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
regular worm clamps will work fine, but if he wants it to look OEM he needs the OEM clamps. i'm surprised Tischer can't source them for you.

did you speak with Wes?
true, but i dont think he wants to mess with the tool he would need for that one clamp, or try to make it work with a pair of needle nose or something
Kevin@AKMotorwerk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: The Coding Guy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Call 917-939-4980

Posts: 18,227
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
that clamp is a bitch to get on without the proper tool.
__________________

Coding E and F New York 917-939-4980
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bubbletea 4 me's Avatar
 
Drives: Finally here
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (5)

i'm surprised that Tischer doesn't have them. oh well, i actually don't mind that they dont look OEM since you can't see it normally unless u go under the car.

i'll probably just get regular hose clamps for it when i'm ready to uninstall. it seems like they are much easier to use than the oem clamps anyways. any size specifications? or they all the same?

Matt - i'll hit you up once i'm ready to get this done.
bubbletea 4 me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #12
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,519
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
i'm surprised that Tischer doesn't have them. oh well, i actually don't mind that they dont look OEM since you can't see it normally unless u go under the car.

i'll probably just get regular hose clamps for it when i'm ready to uninstall. it seems like they are much easier to use than the oem clamps anyways. any size specifications? or they all the same?

Matt - i'll hit you up once i'm ready to get this done.
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
vase330
Colonel
 
vase330's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i ; 08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington, Va

Posts: 2,654
iTrader: (1)

Just the fact you have aftermarket clamps is not proof that your car was modded. They cannot legally draw that conclusion. They will know for sure, but they can't do anything as there are no legs to stand on here. Plus I doubt Tischer will hussle you. I have had good experiences with them. Good luck man.

Just do what Sniz tells you to do, you'll be fine.
__________________
E92 335 | Space Gray | Saddle Brown Dakota | Dark Burl Trim | ZPP | ZSP | AT | Idrive | 6FL | FBO | Dinan CAI | Quaife LSD | STG3 PROCede.
vase330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST