E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Did the dealer mess up my car?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #23
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Bubbles's Avatar
Cayman Islands
86
Rep
3,560
Posts

 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1000 View Post
It would be interesting to see if I notice an improvement in Rev 2 with the new fuel pump. I might just have to try it before going through the trouble of sending the ECU to Dinan for Rev 1

My car is still at the shop and those service guys are horrible about answering phone calls...

I worry about this stupid car like its a baby.

Haha.. I'm the same way, in fact I jot down the mileage on two business cards and give one to my SA when I drop it off (keep the other).
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #24
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Now they are telling me they had to replace an injector (which doesn't have to be touched to remove the fuel pump) and that they are re-programing the car again which can take up to 6 hours???

I hope there is nothing fishy going on here.

Dinan upgrade takes 1hr...thought maybe it just re-programs some parts of the software...

Still don't have my car back.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #25
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Bubbles's Avatar
Cayman Islands
86
Rep
3,560
Posts

 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1000 View Post
Now they are telling me they had to replace an injector (which doesn't have to be touched to remove the fuel pump) and that they are re-programing the car again which can take up to 6 hours???

I hope there is nothing fishy going on here.

Dinan upgrade takes 1hr...thought maybe it just re-programs some parts of the software...

Still don't have my car back.

I almost posted about the injectors, but I didn't want to scare you You were running pre-29.2, right?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #26
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I almost posted about the injectors, but I didn't want to scare you You were running pre-29.2, right?
Yes I was and please...do explain about the injectors...

Though the problem did not manifest itselft until they messed with my car to change the fuel pump...

Coincidence???
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #27
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

They changed the injector and re-tested and got the check engine light again. So now the foreman of the shop is involved and it doesn't look like I will be getting my car back any time soon...

What the hell did they do??? The car was running fine...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #28
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Going on 7 days today...

We will see what their story is today.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #29
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Bubbles's Avatar
Cayman Islands
86
Rep
3,560
Posts

 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

iTrader: (3)

Pinched line? Who knows. The last 2 visits to the dealer lasted 2 weeks for me, but I had a decent loaner. Keep us posted.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #30
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Now they are telling me that they replaced the injector but the ECU was still signalling a problem and not taking the programing.

They opened up whats called a "PUMA" case directly with the engineers in Germany where they do diagnostics directly on the vehicle and it was determined that my ECU is faulty and not taking the software properly so it will have to be replaced.

They say a new one is being shipped from Germany and that there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car but it will now take a few more days...

They are working on trying to get me a BMW loaner.

The plot thickens...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #31
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

ETA:

At least 7 days from Monday as the TCU is coming from Germany.

Hope this works...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #32
NinetyEight740
Murderin' OC One Car @ A Time
United_States
57
Rep
5,243
Posts

 
Drives: 98 E38, 06 E90
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HB, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
'06 E90  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to NinetyEight740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Pinched line? Who knows. The last 2 visits to the dealer lasted 2 weeks for me, but I had a decent loaner. Keep us posted.
All metal lines going into and out of the high pressure pump, cant pinch a metal line...

It very well might be a bad DME..

Reason Dinan programming take an hour and BMW programming takes much longer is because Dinan only does a DME flash and BMW reprograms your entire vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #33
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Bubbles's Avatar
Cayman Islands
86
Rep
3,560
Posts

 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1000 View Post
Now they are telling me that they replaced the injector but the ECU was still signalling a problem and not taking the programing.

They opened up whats called a "PUMA" case directly with the engineers in Germany where they do diagnostics directly on the vehicle and it was determined that my ECU is faulty and not taking the software properly so it will have to be replaced.

They say a new one is being shipped from Germany and that there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car but it will now take a few more days...

They are working on trying to get me a BMW loaner.

The plot thickens...
So they corrupted your ECU, nice! Push to get the latest v. 32. progman. I wonder if the ECU comes prepped from Germany for your specific car. If so, you may have the latest and greatest progman. It may be a blessing in disguise.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #34
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Bubbles's Avatar
Cayman Islands
86
Rep
3,560
Posts

 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyEight740 View Post
All metal lines going into and out of the high pressure pump, cant pinch a metal line...

It very well might be a bad DME..
Good point.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #35
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

they grogram it by vin so hopefully that will be the case...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #36
pdjafari
Colonel
pdjafari's Avatar
43
Rep
2,402
Posts

 
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Earth

iTrader: (5)

any updates to your problem?? how was it resolved? i had same exact symptoms, first time they replaced my low pressure fuel sensor, now they stated they updated my software...they have yet to change the plugs/coils/injectors nor even consider the fuel pump...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #37
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Problem was fixed a few months ago by updating to 32.10 software...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST