E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bimmian Interior LED Rear Footwell

11-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
vtx DANNY
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Bimmian Interior LED Rear Footwell

I just received these leds, installed everything EXCEPT these rear footwell led. How do i get these to go into the plug and make them fit and work? These are the 74 bulbs.

Anything would help please
If you have pictures it would be great too, thanks!
      11-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
stratplaya06
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 335xi

Pull the housing out by getting under it (small flathead/fingernails if you've got them) and push the two little clips with a small screwdriver to free the outer lens from the actual electrical parts where hte bulbs are mounted. Pull out hte stock bulbs width-wise, and insert the new ones. I would do it while they are plugged in so that you can ensure your new bulbs are not reversed (polarity).

With this all said, you might be disappointed with that particular location. The bulbs only fire forward, and create almost no light out of the lens. I was very disappointed with this. Check in Kev's interior led thread (shinchan's post) and he makes reference to a 5 smd size 74 bulb. I have them and they are unbelievable. So bright.

GL man!

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
stratplaya06 is offline   United_States
      11-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
vtx DANNY
Private First Class

I have the parts and everything out. i am just having a hard time inserting the led into the slot, i insert it in the way i took the stock out but the stock shaping is a little different, so it seems a little loose? i dont know if i am inserting it in right or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplaya06 View Post
Pull the housing out by getting under it (small flathead/fingernails if you've got them) and push the two little clips with a small screwdriver to free the outer lens from the actual electrical parts where hte bulbs are mounted. Pull out hte stock bulbs width-wise, and insert the new ones. I would do it while they are plugged in so that you can ensure your new bulbs are not reversed (polarity).

With this all said, you might be disappointed with that particular location. The bulbs only fire forward, and create almost no light out of the lens. I was very disappointed with this. Check in Kev's interior led thread (shinchan's post) and he makes reference to a 5 smd size 74 bulb. I have them and they are unbelievable. So bright.

GL man!
      11-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
stratplaya06
Captain

if its too loose, give those contacts a little pinch with some long, thin needlenose pliers. Shouldn't be too big of a deal if they're a little loose though. They can't really go anywhere.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
      11-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
vtx DANNY
Private First Class

the led wont turned on since its loose... =/

thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplaya06 View Post
if its too loose, give those contacts a little pinch with some long, thin needlenose pliers. Shouldn't be too big of a deal if they're a little loose though. They can't really go anywhere.
      11-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
stratplaya06
Captain

Hmmm

Flip the led's around to start, if that doesn't fix it, pinch the contacts. Mine took like 5 minutes of flddling to get all 10 smd's to light up, but now they
re blinding, and despite having a rough as hell suspension and RFT's, they haven't stopped shining.

11-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: ❤

If the don't come on, flip them around 180░ to reverse the polarity