E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Government Health care Poll

View Poll Results: do you want Government Health Care?
YES - I want free government health care for everyone. we deserve it. 18 31.03%
NO - keep government small and out of my life as much as possible 39 67.24%
DONT CARE - I am too busy watching Dancing w/ the stars and who killed Micheal Jackson 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

08-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

Government Health care Poll

are you in favor or opposed?
      08-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
EDK99
Captain

Drives: 07 E85 M

Obama just admitted the Government can't run anything efficiently. Why on earth do people want them to run health care?

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XTi-WdOu2s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XTi-WdOu2s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      08-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
sayemthree
Brigadier General

come on!!! you know the Government does a splendid job with social security,medicare, DMV, post office, ad of course in regulating Fannie Mea and Freddie Mac. not!!!
      08-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

How's our Military???
Who runs it?
How big is the budget for that?
How old is it?

Think before you write crap... Just like the good ole FOX telling us some numbers that are 10x exaggerated... yuck...
      08-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #5
EDK99
Captain

Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How's our Military???
Who runs it?
How old is it?

Think before you write crap... Just like the good ole FOX telling us some numbers that are 10x exaggerated... yuck...
LOL! The military is NOT a business!! They do not generate revenue. The post office is suppose to be self sustaining. Obama is telling us that health care will be self sustaining. Social Security and Medicare are all government failures that are suppose to be self sustaining. Why don't we fix the broken government stuff first before we start a new government run programs.
      08-12-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Quote:
How's our Military???
Who runs it?
How old is it?

so you want Health care that rivals our military? Hah!!1 they cant even beat some opium smokin dopes in afghanistan and you want to trus them with YOUR health? sorry I trust myself, NOT the goevernment.
      08-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #7
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
so you want Health care that rivals our military? Hah!!1 they cant even beat some opium smokin dopes in afghanistan and you want to trus them with YOUR health? sorry I trust myself, NOT the goevernment.
No, what I want is obviously what you don't want...AN OPTION offered to everyone.
Security for everyone, to have access to the PREVENTIVE Healthcare even if sick or without job, at affordable rate.
Others, like you, can continue with what they already have...

It has worked well in MANY countries around the world...
      08-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i View Post
LOL! The military is NOT a business!! They do not generate revenue. The post office is suppose to be self sustaining. Obama is telling us that health care will be self sustaining. Social Security and Medicare are all government failures that are suppose to be self sustaining. Why don't we fix the broken government stuff first before we start a new government run programs.
OF COURSE Military is a HUGE business!
Millions of people working for other companies survive because of doing business with our Military...

By fixing the Healthcare (most important and basic program for ANY citizen), we will be fixing one part of the Government waste...

Unfortunately, decades of anarchy will not be fixed easily.
      08-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i View Post
Obama is telling us that health care will be self sustaining.
No he did not, he said that health care will be deficit neutral...big difference. There is no way a government option for healthcare can be self sustaining...its not profit driven.
      08-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

And your poll is flawed yet again...

No one wants, or at least any sane person, wants government to run healthcare.

We want government to create healthcare insurance reform. Some even want government to provide their own health insurance option.

No one wants government to run our hospitals, clinics, and emergency rooms. Just make it more affordable to use them.

and there is no such thing as free healthcare that you seem to think people believe

Last edited by TMNT; 08-12-2009 at 10:44 AM.
      08-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
We should have another poll and see who wants to keep their medicare while bitching about socialized healthcare

08-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #12
sayemthree
Brigadier General

the MSNBC poll was 80 against government health care last time I checked. there must be mroe Acorn nuts voting here?
      10-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #13
sayemthree
Brigadier General

another un-scientific poll. funny things is these damn un-scientific random polls reflect the same opinions.
      10-25-2009, 03:12 AM   #14
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Definitely opposed - Why do you think M3's & most everything else costs so damn much in Germany? 19% tax to pay for government run programs maybe? I know, let's tax the rich - make those that worked to get ahead pay for everyone that didn't or refuse to - that'll work
Moxie is offline   Germany
      11-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #15
doba_s
Major General

Drives: M3, 1M

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Quote:
No, what I want is obviously what you don't want...AN OPTION offered to everyone.
Security for everyone, to have access to the PREVENTIVE Healthcare even if sick or without job, at affordable rate.
Others, like you, can continue with what they already have...

It has worked well in MANY countries around the world...
WE DO have an option ... Go to ER and you will get treatment whether you have insurance or NOT !

I work in the hospital and we didn't turn away any single patient !

Yes, the Health system is broken and it must be fixed ! But it is completely different of what Obama is trying to pass !

NO it doesn't work in other countries !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
You mean to tell me that everybody in the US can't buy their own health insurance if they want to? You're telling me that there's some law or something that prevents EVERYONE the OPTION to buy their own insurance?

Yes, please quote from that magical law that says there isn't an option offered to everyone -- that some people are lawfully prohibitted from buying their own insurance.

Nice weasel-wording...but you shot yourself with your own wording. I'll argue that by definition -- all preventive healthcare is affordable whether you're employed or not.

Yeah right...that's why a a few of those "MANY countries" are advising Obama not to do what they did, and why they're trying to get rid of their socialized medicine.
PG
doba_s is offline   United_States
      11-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #16
MrRoboto
Colonel

Drives: VO 1M

Its not free dont forget.
MrRoboto is offline   Canada
      11-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #17
MrRoboto
Colonel

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
WE DO have an option ... Go to ER and you will get treatment whether you have insurance or NOT !
That is part of the problem. ERs are over filled with non emergencies.

Quote:
I work in the hospital and we didn't turn away any single patient !
You dont turn them away but do you send them off with a bill for services?

Quote:
NO it doesn't work in other countries !
Sure it does. Of coarse, no system is perfect.
MrRoboto is offline   Canada
      11-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
carve
Major

Drives: 335i

None of the above. I'm generally libertarian, but have problems with free market forces as they work with insurance companies.

1) They're incentivizied to take money you gave them to research ways to not pay you
2) People can be dropped if, in that process, a pre-existing condition is discovered even if that condition is minor and unrelated to what they're seeking treatment for. Once they're dropped, they shop for new insurance with that minor condition AND the serious preexisting condition they were seeking treatment for. Despite paying for years, they are effectively forced out of the entire insurance market. How are free-market forces supposed to work if people can be forced out of the market?
3) Tying insurance rates to who your employer is is a terrible situation. It keeps people in dead-end jobs for the security, and makes it so people have to pay a LOT more for the same coverage if the quit/lose their job. This is especially true if the customer or a family member have a pre-existing condition. The risk-pool should consititute their entire customer base.
4) People should be able to buy insurance from whatever state they want.

Fixing these problems has support from both main parties. I really think they should get together and run that through ASAP, and then fight over nationalized plans.

That said, I don't think their should be a nationalized plan. However, I'm all for a "government option" on one condition: That it not have access to ANY taxpayer/treasurey/government money. It should go out of business and be disbanded before that happens. This health plan must be run as though it were a private company- just one that isn't concerned with turning much of a profit. It must, however, make SOME profit in order to cover the lean years. Start up costs must be covered by incurring debt from loans and investors.

If they could do that, I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, I think if we did have a government option it'd ultimately wind up tax payer subsidized.
      11-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #19
doba_s
Major General

Drives: M3, 1M

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
That is part of the problem. ERs are over filled with non emergencies.

You dont turn them away but do you send them off with a bill for services?

Sure it does. Of coarse, no system is perfect.
Yes, ER are full, especially now because people are afraid to loose their insurance and they come in even if it is not an emergency ...

Yes, you have to send them bill, but most of the time it remains unpaid.

EDITED

People that are saying that it work, should take some time and go try it ... It works great until you face it and get turned away ...

Healthcare system must be fixed and just by bringing more options to the table ( make it possible to purchase insurance throughout the US) it will bring the cost down ...

Last edited by doba_s; 11-07-2009 at 12:53 AM.
doba_s is offline   United_States
      11-06-2009, 04:09 AM   #20
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
You mean to tell me that everybody in the US can't buy their own health insurance if they want to?
Here is a slice of reality in American health care. From Fox news no less.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/health/dp...091022_4181569
      11-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
ba22
Hello

Drives: E92 M3 (gone), E90 330i (gone)

Opposed! Are you kidding me? That's a no brainer.
ba22 is offline   United_States