E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > HERE YA GO!! ENJOY OBaMA FANS!!

12-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #23
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Black turnout went from 60.3% in 2004 to 65.2% in 2008. The numbers can be found here.
To add to that, Obama received a greater percentage of white vote than did Kerry also.
      12-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #24
lambtron
First Lieutenant

Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Does the US have an employment insurance type program?
We have unemployment insurance that you pay for while you're working at a job and you can elect to collect a certain amount of it on a weekly basis depending on how much you earned and how long you worked at that job. I know in California, the max benefit is 450 per week, but you have to have been at a job for a few years, and made a substantial amount of money to receive the max benefit. That being said, it only lasts about 6-8 months.
lambtron is offline   United_States
      12-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #25
LostMarine
Banned

Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
STUPID AND UNIFORMED STATEMENT. Learn to think.

94% of blacks voted for Kerry
95% voted for Bill Clinton
96% voted for Obama

Apparently John Kerry is just as black as Bill Clinton and Obama. I'm pretty sure that John Edwards would have done just as well had he not has his "transgressions".
McCain just ran a terrible campaign and the numbers prove it. The only group that he won were people over 65 (and he only won that demographic by 10pts).
So instead of regurgitating the ignorance of the people in your circle of influence, you should look at the data and present better arguments.
95 % of minorities that I asked that voted for O had said he had their vote because of color, to some extent... and the other 5%, lied...

to deny that his race did not get him in would be stupid..
      12-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #26
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: I Can not say

Obama should be our publicist, not our President.
      12-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #27
ba22
Hello

Drives: E92 M3 (gone), E90 330i (gone)

Fire the President.
ba22 is offline   United_States
      12-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #28
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
I could listen to about the first 2 minutes, then I had to shut him off. Standard rhetoric "we're losing liberties" "the gov't only should take care of the general welfare" ... yada yada ...

Not sure why Obama "fans" had to see this.

Also, back when I was a young lil' whipper snapper, we didn't call people who supported the president "fans".
      12-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #29
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
95 % of minorities that I asked that voted for O had said he had their vote because of color, to some extent... and the other 5%, lied...

to deny that his race did not get him in would be stupid..
I'm sure even you recognize that your "survey" is flawed on many levels, but just for grins let's accept your premis that Obama won the presidency soley on the basis that he's black. That makes McCain the first presidential candidate in American history who lost an election because he is white! Pretty rediculous.

The current Racial and Ethnic demographics of the US are as follows:

White - 66%
Hispanic/Latino - 15%
Black/African American - 14%
Asian - 5%

100% of Blacks alone don't have the numbers to elect a president.
100% of Blacks plus 100% of Hispanics don't have the numbers to elect a president without white votes.
Even if 100% of all minorities combined voted for Obama that wouldn't be enough to get him elected without white votes.

The demographics are slowly changing but it's mathematically impossible for minorities alone to elect an American president today.

So, I guess all the white people who voted for Obama are racist AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE???
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      12-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #30
JME
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
and thats just the active... of 1 service..
I can guarantee at least one service member would never vote for this hack.
      12-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #31
RambleJ
Colonel

Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post

Also, back when I was a young lil' whipper snapper, we didn't call people who supported the president "fans".
Very true, the word "fans" now works with Obama supporters since this last election seemed like a popularity contest ala american idol. A majority of people who voted for Obama did so in hopes of change, ask them what he planned to change and how he was planning on doing it, then sit back and count the seconds of silence.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
      12-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #32
LostMarine
Banned

Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME View Post
I can guarantee at least one service member would never vote for this hack.
and your branch would be? time in? rank?

and just curious ethnicity?

why would you not vote for him?

BTW, i love this..

12-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #33
MrRoboto
Colonel

Drives: VO 1M

Curious why would Allen West be any more qualified to run the country then Obama?

Doesn't Obama deserve a little more time to turn things around?

The funny thing is some of you are starting to sound more like us Canadians. We always find a way to complain about our elected officials while we generally view the american people as ones who will stand by their president no matter what.

Must be that expansion of Tim Hortons coffee into the us.
MrRoboto is online now   Canada
      12-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #34
lambtron
First Lieutenant

Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Curious why would Allen West be any more qualified to run the country then Obama?

The funny thing is some of you are starting to sound more like us Canadians. We always find a way to complain about our elected officials while we generally view the american people as ones who will stand by their president no matter what.

In my eyes, the only thing Obama has the ability to do is deliver an outstanding speech via teleprompter.
lambtron is offline   United_States
      12-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #35
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
In my eyes, the only thing Obama has the ability to do is deliver an outstanding speech via teleprompter.
...and Bush was just so much better at that than Obama

He's one of the "breast and the brightest" people the world has ever seen.
      12-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #36
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Obama wasn't exactly over-qualified himself.

Quote:
No. He's on track to do absolutely nothing he claimed he could do. His platform was a bunch of garbage, and Americans were too stupid to see that for themselves. They saw Oprah and every Hollywood hippie supporting him, and that's all they needed to shore up their support. He's missing his mark badly.

Quote:
The funny thing is some of you are starting to sound more like us Canadians. We always find a way to complain about our elected officials while we generally view the american people as ones who will stand by their president no matter what
What country doesn't bitch about their elected officials when they're this embarrassing? I liked Bill because he seemed like a pretty level-headed guy. So he was a bit of a fugly girl player, but that shit was blown way out of proportion. Bush II was a moron. Nobody will ever argue with you on that one. Bush I wasn't terrible.

The nature of our bipartisan government is what is going to always have half of America bitching about the President for one reason or another. Lately, though, it seems to be a lot more than half.

Quote:
Thank you for Tim Horton's though. Good stuff.
      12-06-2009, 02:26 AM   #37
335fourdoor
Captain

Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
http://www.lvrj.com/blogs/sherm/If_t...hing_will.html

Is this guy racist?

Real americans and all veterans will appreciate this.. 2010 is coming.. and 2012 is not as far away as you might think..

moving to florida just to vote..
How do we make this guy our commander-in-chief. obama got nothing on him.
      12-06-2009, 02:41 AM   #38
ba22
Hello

Drives: E92 M3 (gone), E90 330i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
How do we make this guy our commander-in-chief. obama got nothing on him.
I wouldn't care for him as our President, but we do need more people like him out there helping others (like this woman) get their heads out of fantasy land and back in touch with reality.

ba22 is offline   United_States
      12-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #39
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
I could listen to about the first 2 minutes, then I had to shut him off. Standard rhetoric "we're losing liberties" "the gov't only should take care of the general welfare" ... yada yada ...

I would say that with past Presidents, you are correct, this wording would be inappropriate. With Obama, however, it fits nicely. There is a reason for the glut of ridiculous Obama merchandise, and a reason for the cult-like following (compared to past Presidents).

Also, based on everything that has been portrayed in media and otherwise, I would say that a greater percentage of people that voted for Obama know very little to nothing about politics compared to past Presidents both democrat or republican. Would you not agree that as a whole, Obama supporters/voters were less educated politically than those of past Presidents?

Last edited by bolinp78; 12-07-2009 at 03:43 PM.
      12-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #40
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

[quote=ba22;6318786]I wouldn't care for him as our President, but we do need more people like him out there helping others (like this woman) get their heads out of fantasy land and back in touch with reality.

What a sample size you have there. The problem must be really widespread
I'm pretty within 5 seconds, i could find a video of a dumb clinton, kerry, cheney (although it may harder ) bush, mcCain supporter as well. `
      12-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #41
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
What a sample size you have there. The problem must be really widespread
I'm pretty within 5 seconds, i could find a video of a dumb clinton, kerry, cheney (although it may harder ) bush, mcCain supporter as well. `
Yeah but could you find anything that asinine? That fkn circus of an "election" was embarrassing to anyone who had half a sense of what this guy could/couldn't deliver on. Even the politically savvy who did vote for Obama either had to block out certain parts of his campaign, or they voted for him simply because he was better than the other guy.
      12-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #42
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah but could you find anything that asinine? That fkn circus of an "election" was embarrassing to anyone who had half a sense of what this guy could/couldn't deliver on. Even the politically savvy who did vote for Obama either had to block out certain parts of his campaign, or they voted for him simply because he was better than the other guy.
Just enlist the help of the google. Use the search string of "crazy mccain fans". Feel free to substitute the word mccain for any recent candidate in this youtube age.

Are you suggesting that Obama was the only recent candidate that whose campaign had embishments? Because i really would find that funny. Whether you like him or not, the Obama campaign was one of the best run campaigns in recent memory. And McCain had one of the worst ones.
      12-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #43
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Obama was the only recent candidate that whose campaign had embishments? Because i really would find that funny. Whether you like him or not, the Obama campaign was one of the best run campaigns in recent memory. And McCain had one of the worst ones.
No; every campaign is full of embellishments. It was shocking how ridiculous some of BO's claims were, but even more shocking was the cult-like following he gathered based on these outlandish and ridiculous claims.... The Obama campaign was run perfectly; the objective is to win. They saw that feeding the American public what they wanted to hear was working, so they ran with it. The promoted BO's popularity and took full advantage of how sick and tired everyone was of Bush (and therefore the Republican Party). Celebrities piled on the bandwagon in record numbers, further distorting the purpose of the election.

It turned into a popularity contest. BO's people recognized it and ran with it. McCain's campaign was one of the biggest train wrecks I've seen in a while. If you want to win, you have to play the game right. One side did, and one side didn't.

Now we're all fucked anyway.
      12-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #44
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

ITT: conservatives still angry about losing and acting like they have to prove something (as usual).