E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > HERE YA GO!! ENJOY OBaMA FANS!!

12-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #45
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
No; every campaign is full of embellishments. It was shocking how ridiculous some of BO's claims were, but even more shocking was the cult-like following he gathered based on these outlandish and ridiculous claims.... The Obama campaign was run perfectly; the objective is to win. They saw that feeding the American public what they wanted to hear was working, so they ran with it. The promoted BO's popularity and took full advantage of how sick and tired everyone was of Bush (and therefore the Republican Party). Celebrities piled on the bandwagon in record numbers, further distorting the purpose of the election.

It turned into a popularity contest. BO's people recognized it and ran with it. McCain's campaign was one of the biggest train wrecks I've seen in a while. If you want to win, you have to play the game right. One side did, and one side didn't.

Now we're all fucked anyway.
This is all very true.
      12-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #46
ba22
Hello

Drives: E92 M3 (gone), E90 330i (gone)

Quote:
No; every campaign is full of embellishments. It was shocking how ridiculous some of BO's claims were, but even more shocking was the cult-like following he gathered based on these outlandish and ridiculous claims.... The Obama campaign was run perfectly; the objective is to win. They saw that feeding the American public what they wanted to hear was working, so they ran with it. The promoted BO's popularity and took full advantage of how sick and tired everyone was of Bush (and therefore the Republican Party). Celebrities piled on the bandwagon in record numbers, further distorting the purpose of the election.

It turned into a popularity contest. BO's people recognized it and ran with it. McCain's campaign was one of the biggest train wrecks I've seen in a while. If you want to win, you have to play the game right. One side did, and one side didn't.

+1 Dead on.
ba22 is offline   United_States
      12-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
Buegie
Captain

Drives: 330xi

Quote:

absolutely spot on, seriously...I never hated obama throughout the entire election, he was a left winger and, at the time, it seemed like he would stick by his principles. I didn't persecute him for having different ideas than me. What I was pulling my hair out over was the blind love affair that the media had with him. Everyone was caught up with the "hope" message and no one was questioning him about the issues. To top it off, mccain's campaign was nothing short of an embarrassment. And yes, now we're all screwed
      12-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #48
Leilani
Private First Class

Drives: '08 Crimson Red 128i

Quote:

+1.

2008 128i Convertible
Crimson Red - Black Top - Savannah Beige Boston Leather - Gray Poplar Trim
Step - Premium - Sport - Cold Weather - Navigation - Comfort Access - Xenon - iPod/USB
Leilani is offline   United_States
      12-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #49
Leilani
Private First Class

Drives: '08 Crimson Red 128i

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
In his context promote welfare = promote the pursuit of life liberty and happiness, good health, etc; not providing welfare meaning = stop making tax payers pay for all the people who think they can just be lazy mofos and not do anything with their lives.

2008 128i Convertible
Crimson Red - Black Top - Savannah Beige Boston Leather - Gray Poplar Trim
Step - Premium - Sport - Cold Weather - Navigation - Comfort Access - Xenon - iPod/USB
Leilani is offline   United_States