E90Post
 


Motormavericks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Removing Interior Trim Question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
AU335
Colonel
United_States
106

 
AU335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southeast


Posts: 2,341
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to AU335 Send a message via MSN to AU335
Removing Interior Trim Question

I have all the peices off except for the main dash piece that holds the main vents and start button. I am having trouble removing the main vent from the trim piece. How do you go about removing the main vent with all the small clips that you have to pull. Too many to keep unclipped at the same time...

Also, How does the ashtray (front and rear) trim pieces remove? I am afraid of bending or breaking the trim.

Any help at all would be amazing.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
cfabluenose
Lieutenant
Canada
31

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wolfville


Posts: 430
iTrader: (0)

You probably would get some good answers in the DIY section. Those guys seem to delight in disassembling and reassembling their cars on a regular basis. There's some great information there.
__________________

2009 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States
207

 
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV


Posts: 5,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Okay, im one of those guys who has had their trim out about 10 times, so here goes. The start button you can unclip by hand. Then pull the trim out and up as far as it goes. The first hazard light switch is clipped on. You will need a small needle sized screw driver to something like that to pop the clip. Then there is another small clip further up that pulls out using your hand.

The ashtrays unscrew and come right off.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
pruettfan
Lieutenant Colonel
33

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oro Valley, AZ


Posts: 1,514
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
I have all the peices off except for the main dash piece that holds the main vents and start button. I am having trouble removing the main vent from the trim piece. How do you go about removing the main vent with all the small clips that you have to pull. Too many to keep unclipped at the same time...

Also, How does the ashtray (front and rear) trim pieces remove? I am afraid of bending or breaking the trim.

Any help at all would be amazing.
The dash piece is suborn but will come off by simply pulling . You can pick up a plastic trim removal tool that will help if you slide it under the trim piece by the door. Once it begins to move you are home free.

I have an E90 so I don't know about the ashtray in the back as mine is not the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States
207

 
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV


Posts: 5,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
The dash piece is suborn but will come off by simply pulling . You can pick up a plastic trim removal tool that will help if you slide it under the trim piece by the door. Once it begins to move you are home free.

I have an E90 so I don't know about the ashtray in the back as mine is not the same.
The dash piece pulls out some, but there are clips holding it down that have to be unfastened. If you pull too hard the hazard light wires will rip out.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
AU335
Colonel
United_States
106

 
AU335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southeast


Posts: 2,341
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to AU335 Send a message via MSN to AU335
Thanks for the tips guys. Finally got everything out. Shipping out tomorrow to get CF wrapped by Bavarian X. Very excited
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 06:50 AM   #7
Bulldog 6
The Logistician
United_States
27

 
Bulldog 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328i TiAg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA


Posts: 763
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
Thanks for the tips guys. Finally got everything out. Shipping out tomorrow to get CF wrapped by Bavarian X. Very excited
How much are you paying for the CF wrap? I was looking at the BMW Performance CF kit and it is $2Gs. I am sure the wrap is much cheaper. Also what do you know about duribility.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
BMW Jet
BMW addict
No_Country
11

 
BMW Jet's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 2006 330i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SS


Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to BMW Jet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog 6 View Post
How much are you paying for the CF wrap? I was looking at the BMW Performance CF kit and it is $2Gs. I am sure the wrap is much cheaper. Also what do you know about duribility.
I am buying my CF wrap next week from this vendor:

http://www.execstudio.com/products_i...r_CFfabric.htm
__________________

Quad Exhaust / Glossy Black Grill / Carbon Fiber mirrors / OEM Rear Spoiler / Mtec V2 AE / GP Thunder beams /
7500k Fog lights / Interior light LEDs / License LEDs / Trunk LED / Black Air scoops
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST