E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > ability to negotiate price for non-dealer car?

01-06-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
rust99
Private First Class

Drives: 335i coupe

ability to negotiate price for non-dealer car?

I am looking to purchase a 2010 e92 M sport. Because build slots are no longer available, my SA has tried to locate a car with as many of my "must have" options. He was able to find one that is fresh off the boat & being delivered to another dealership.

I found my SA through a club program, in which the dealership has a pre-arranged pricing arrangement (any car that I purchase from them - regardless if this is a factory order or something that is already on their lot), sale price of the car = invoice plus $500. In addition, there is only a dealer processing fee of $99 plus sales tax, and title, tags.

For the car that the SA found, he would only charge $200 to flatbed the car.

Sale price = invoice price plus $700.

I wish I made my decision before 1/1 when the price increase took effect ($500 extra for base price & destination charges). But I wasn't totally decided.

While the price is attractive and fair, part of my hesitation is timing of 2011 release. I am ok with waiting for the 2011 e92.

My question is: am I able to further negotiate the sales price? Other question is, how do "dealer trades" work - where the car you want is located at another dealership (Dealer B)? What does Dealer A pay Dealer B? Does Dealer A offer a swap to give Dealer B something from their inventory with similar MSRP's?
      01-06-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
bsamoul
Major General

Drives: E90 325i

Send a message via AIM to bsamoul
Might as well wait for the facelifted E92 since you aren't completely in love with the car.
bsamoul is offline   No_Country
      01-06-2010, 03:58 AM   #3
hipertech
Major

Drives: F30

over invoice $700 is not a bad deal imo

dont expect to pay less than invoice when the car is from the other dealership.

i heard one of SA the price/vehicle for swap depends on how good of relationship between dealers.
hipertech is offline   No_Country