E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Official 2011 BMW 335is coupe and convertible (E92/E93) Info/Video/Wallpaper Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #287
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,547
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
Sorry if this has been posted, but when is a total redesign scheduled?
Late 2013 as a 2014 model for the F32 coupe. Early 2014 as a 2014 model for the F33 convertible.

There has been some rumor of the F3x timeline being moved up, which would effect these dates, but there is no hard evidence.
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - FOR SALE - Engine failure at 95k miles.
Best offer takes it: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post16279561
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #288
Frosty
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Drives: Ordered my E92 (7/10/06)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 1,905
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j330xi View Post
When I placed my Order in Saturday...

The six or seven colors that are available for the M-sport option on the regular cars.

Lemans Blue ( My choice, so I did not pay much attention to the others)
White
Grey
Sapphire Black
Crimson Red (not a M-sport color, but DEFINITELY on the list)
Silver

Blue water ( I do not remember seeing this in the dealer's order screen)
..this is the color list for the " is " or for hte m-sport? ~Frost
__________________
.................................................. ....................
335i Coupe (6MT) (2007: 9/06 build, pre ordered, only owner): Space Grey / Black Leatherette / Grey Poplar trim / ZCW / ZSP / BMW assist w/ bluetooth / power rear shade / navi with iDrive / comfort access keyless entry /+homelink mirror/ 154,885+miles (Nov-12-2013)
.................................................. ......................
Frosty is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #289
s!ke
Captain
 
Drives: e92 335 6MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 700
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
What about the N55? In another video on FAST LANE, it said the 335i would get the N55 (only a single turbo)
__________________


/// 2008 e92 335i 6sp JB/CR | JB4 | VRSF DP's | AFE DCI | FMIC | BMS Cowl Filters | Stett CP | Forge DV's
s!ke is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #290
gnomedll
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j330xi View Post
When I placed my Order in Saturday...

The six or seven colors that are available for the M-sport option on the regular cars.

Lemans Blue ( My choice, so I did not pay much attention to the others)
White
Grey
Sapphire Black
Crimson Red (not a M-sport color, but DEFINITELY on the list)
Silver

Blue water ( I do not remember seeing this in the dealer's order screen)

Thanks for the info, and congrats on the order..
Is it a Space Grey ?
gnomedll is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #291
cotmfk
Brigadier General
 
cotmfk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

Posts: 3,454
iTrader: (11)

I have been thinking about the iS a bit since I am crushing the miles on my current 335i. Upgrading from an pre-LCI e92 to a 335iS would kind of be like going from an Evo 8 to 9. Not big differences, but maybe some subtle ones that change the car from good to great.
__________________
cotmfk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #292
cotmfk
Brigadier General
 
cotmfk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

Posts: 3,454
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post
What about the N55? In another video on FAST LANE, it said the 335i would get the N55 (only a single turbo)
The 335i will have the single turbo N55. Only the 335iS will have twin turbo N54 still.

Only time will tell which engine is actually the better performer.
__________________
cotmfk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #293
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I have been thinking about the iS a bit since I am crushing the miles on my current 335i. Upgrading from an pre-LCI e92 to a 335iS would kind of be like going from an Evo 8 to 9. Not big differences, but maybe some subtle ones that change the car from good to great.
Well it has upgrade cooling, Egine Mounts, body styling, Nav, increased base HP and TQ and Launch mode allowing a 10 second burst of power to 370HP Sport free flowing exhaust, and M seating and M Wheel....seems like a good bit of difference to me!!

Anyone know if we can order that rear diffuser??
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #294
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
that's what bothers me bout the car... at 59K, that's 4 grand more than a brand new stripper e90 M3, and roughly the exact price of a stipper e92 M3...
where are you getting your prices lol I will take two at that price
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #295
j330xi
Second Lieutenant
 
j330xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is LeMans BLue
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IL

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

options for iS

The listed options on the E93 335iS were:
(no prices listed)

Premium Package
Cold Package

Actice Steering
Comfort Access
Auto high Beam
Nav
Smartphone
iPod
Security System
Park Distance
Prem Sound system
Assist/Bluetooth
Heated Seats
DCT

There were NO interior trim selections given, at least on the screen that I was allowed to see...
j330xi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #296
memex01
Private
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j330xi View Post
The listed options on the E93 335iS were:
(no prices listed)

Premium Package
Cold Package

Actice Steering
Comfort Access
Auto high Beam
Nav
Smartphone
iPod
Security System
Park Distance
Prem Sound system
Assist/Bluetooth
Heated Seats
DCT

There were NO interior trim selections given, at least on the screen that I was allowed to see...
Ick! No way I'd want that 335is badged aluminum interior deal :/
memex01 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #297
erio
Captain
 
erio's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: GA

Posts: 773
iTrader: (0)

Any reason why the new Z4 sDrive35is is rated 335hp and this one at 320hp? Same engine right?
erio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #298
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memex01 View Post
Ick! No way I'd want that 335is badged aluminum interior deal :/
I HATE that trim with the 335is batch/logo/whatever.

I guess we'll have to wait until there is more info.

Nick
Nick.CBR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #299
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,547
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
where are you getting your prices lol I will take two at that price
lol, no kidding! The base MSRP prices for a 2010 M3 are:

e90: $55,400
e92: $58,400
e93: $67,050

And these don't include the gas guzzler tax. Plus 2011 m3 prices may go up another couple hundred.

Having said that, you can get an M3 for $500 over ED invoice, which is $7k+ below MSRP. So it is indeed possible to get into an M3 (e90) for just over $50k out the door. However, by the same token, it should be possible to do the same with a 335is and get the car in the low 40s. Of course, these are both no-option cars we are talking about.
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - FOR SALE - Engine failure at 95k miles.
Best offer takes it: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post16279561
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #300
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,547
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
Any reason why the new Z4 sDrive35is is rated 335hp and this one at 320hp? Same engine right?
The answer is in one of the many 335is threads around here. Basically the 335is has a more restrictive intake manifold than the Z3 35is. I think BMW did this to make sure the paper specs didn't encroach to close to the M3.
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - FOR SALE - Engine failure at 95k miles.
Best offer takes it: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post16279561
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #301
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
lol, no kidding! The base MSRP prices for a 2010 M3 are:

e90: $55,400
e92: $58,400
e93: $67,050

And these don't include the gas guzzler tax. Plus 2011 m3 prices may go up another couple hundred.

Having said that, you can get an M3 for $500 over ED invoice, which is $7k+ below MSRP. So it is indeed possible to get into an M3 (e90) for just over $50k out the door. However, by the same token, it should be possible to do the same with a 335is and get the car in the low 40s. Of course, these are both no-option cars we are talking about.
I think the numbers on a 335is according to one of the articles in this thread was saying that a 335is will be 50,525 or something like that (it's also listed in the beginning of the thread. Well optioned it will be close to 60K.

Nick
Nick.CBR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #302
bimmer4life24
Private First Class
 
bimmer4life24's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI MK6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

From what I have read so far, it seems like there wont be a 335is in all-wheel drive (possibly a 335xis?).

The PDF file coming from the bmwusa.com web site about the press release on the 2011 3-series talks about the car having both the 335i and the 335xi. However, both cars have the same engine and performance and no where does it talk about the 335is.
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...s/default.aspx

Anyways, anyone have any kind of information that there will be a 335is in all-wheel drive?
bimmer4life24 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #303
cotmfk
Brigadier General
 
cotmfk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

Posts: 3,454
iTrader: (11)

I have been an AWD person all of my life pretty much until my 335. AWD helps a bit in the turns and a lot in snow, but I am starting to wonder if it is worth it for me to carry awd weight, maintenance, power loss, etc around for those times. If the iS is going to be as much of a sport model as it looks like it will be, I don't think BMW will bring it with AWD. Also, I don't know if they can mate their DCT to AWD or not.
__________________
cotmfk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #304
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,547
iTrader: (1)

Yep. Nothing I said in my posts contradicts that. I was responding to the guy who said an M3 was cheaper (it clearly isn't). And my low 40k number is for a no option ED car, as I specifically noted in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
I think the numbers on a 335is according to one of the articles in this thread was saying that a 335is will be 50,525 or something like that (it's also listed in the beginning of the thread. Well optioned it will be close to 60K.

Nick
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - FOR SALE - Engine failure at 95k miles.
Best offer takes it: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post16279561
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #305
cotmfk
Brigadier General
 
cotmfk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

Posts: 3,454
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memex01 View Post
Ick! No way I'd want that 335is badged aluminum interior deal :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
I HATE that trim with the 335is batch/logo/whatever.

I guess we'll have to wait until there is more info.

Nick
I guess you could do carbon fiber trim wrap? I am in the same boat: I don't think the aluminum looks very good.
__________________
cotmfk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #306
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Yep. Nothing I said in my posts contradicts that. I was responding to the guy who said an M3 was cheaper (it clearly isn't). And my low 40k number is for a no option ED car, as I specifically noted in my post.
Oops, sorry! My fault!

Nick
Nick.CBR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #307
memex01
Private
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I guess you could do carbon fiber trim wrap? I am in the same boat: I don't think the aluminum looks very good.
Kind of tacky also. I like OEM stuff.

I'm now leaning towards a lightly optioned M3 via ED. I have 6-7 months to decide anyway, and I do want to test drive the 335is vs M3 beforehand.
memex01 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #308
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memex01 View Post
Kind of tacky also. I like OEM stuff.

I'm now leaning towards a lightly optioned M3 via ED. I have 6-7 months to decide anyway, and I do want to test drive the 335is vs M3 beforehand.
I'm in the exact same boat. My lease is up at the end of the year. I'm really starting to wonder if my best bet is to buy my car out and wait for the new stuff. Yeah it won't be the N54 but I'm really happy with my '08 and I got it ED just the way I wanted. I think I'd actually miss it and if I didn't have the ability to have my own personal touches I just don't think I would like it as much. Man I want the 4th gen iDrive and DCT though

Darn BMW for making this car! Bitter sweet...

Nick
Nick.CBR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2011, 335is, 335is video, 335is wallpaper, bmw, e92, e93, facelift, lci

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST