E90Post

Bimmertech

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Ut Oh, Help !!

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Ut Oh, Help !!
Published by Kevin Harney
01-29-2010
Ut Oh, Help !!

OK. Today I took the steering wheel apart to rewire the paddle shifters to be left down and right up instead of push/pull. The problem is now I have a Passenger Air Bag Restraint Warning. Wondering what I might have done wrong. I even took it all apart and checked all of the connections and put it back together. Not sure if the Passenger Air Bag warning comes on for the Driver's Air bag also or if this is a separate warning. All else seems to be working properly and I am wondering if it is not a simple fix if I should take it to the dealer and play dumb.... Thanks for the help !!
Tutorial Tools
By Sparky66 on 01-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Did you disconnect the battery's negative terminal first, prior to disconnecting your Airbag?? If you didn't........ that may be why you triggered an Airbag Restraint Warning
code. Take it into the dealer and have them reset the Airbag code.....play dumb.
By Kevin Harney on 01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Yes I did disconnect the battery first - Man that make that so difficult but that is a different story - But I think that I am going to take it in and play dumb. Thanks.
Comment