E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Official 2011 BMW 335is coupe and convertible (E92/E93) Info/Video/Wallpaper Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #507
Nescio
New Member
3

 
Drives: 1996 318ti
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY,NY


Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan@mwerks View Post
It's actually about 30 pounds, according to BMW. But yeah, the extra couple inches make it worth it too.

Anyone know how I can order a 335is like this one without the moonroof?
My dealer in New York City says not possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #508
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

I just spotted a close-up photo of the M-DCT shifter for this new 2011 335is, and I noticed that it has a simple "Sport" button below the shifter. For the M3 DCT, there is a rocker button here with 5 different personality settings for the DCT (grandma mode with low RPM shift points all the way up to practically redlining before each shift). It doesn't look like this same functionality will be available for the 335is. Can anyone confirm this? I sure hope they didn't put this function inside some i-Drive menu!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #509
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
229

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,782
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna@talstar.com View Post
I just spotted a close-up photo of the M-DCT shifter for this new 2011 335is, and I noticed that it has a simple "Sport" button below the shifter. For the M3 DCT, there is a rocker button here with 5 different personality settings for the DCT (grandma mode with low RPM shift points all the way up to practically redlining before each shift). It doesn't look like this same functionality will be available for the 335is. Can anyone confirm this? I sure hope they didn't put this function inside some i-Drive menu!
The 335is won't get all the DCT settings the M3 has (called Drivelogic, BTW).

Trust me when I tell you this is actually a blessing in disguise. The added modes are nice in theory but add needless complexity to the interface and probably add even more needless complexity to the software. I almost never use anything other than S5 or S6 (the latter is the "hidden mode" activated when DSC is off which allows you to use launch control - so I am sure the 335i will have an equivalent). Besides that, I would only really ever use S1, and even then only if I were driving with a car full of senior citizens or a sleeping baby. S2 through S4 are really just fluff, and make the whole thing feel gimmicky. The same applies to the D (automatic) mode also (which, BTW, I never use). You really only need two and that's it.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #510
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The 335is won't get all the DCT settings the M3 has (called Drivelogic, BTW).

Trust me when I tell you this is actually a blessing in disguise. The added modes are nice in theory but add needless complexity to the interface and probably add even more needless complexity to the software. I almost never use anything other than S5 or S6 (the latter is the "hidden mode" activated when DSC is off which allows you to use launch control - so I am sure the 335i will have an equivalent). Besides that, I would only really ever use S1, and even then only if I were driving with a car full of senior citizens or a sleeping baby. S2 through S4 are really just fluff, and make the whole thing feel gimmicky. The same applies to the D (automatic) mode also (which, BTW, I never use). You really only need two and that's it.
Thanks for the great feedback. I'm actually happier with the simpler operation. One final question, however: What about the special 7 seconds of 270 ft-lbs of torque that is available (launch mode?) from the new 335i? Wouldn't that have to be "selected" somehow ahead of time through the DCT, or will it be automatically engaged when I stomp the accellerator to the floor?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #511
stressdoc
Moderator
Dominica
240

 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 YMB
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO


Posts: 10,159
iTrader: (0)

The overboost is controlled in the software and is automatic. No doubt this will be an interesting target for manipulation by tuners.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #512
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
The overboost is controlled in the software and is automatic. No doubt this will be an interesting target for manipulation by tuners.
OK, great! No NO2 button to have to worry about pressing to release the beast!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #513
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

If I order my 335is without the Navigation System, I'm not going to get the iDrive display screen at all, am I? I'm trying to set up the car with the Harmon Kardon Premium Audio System with the controls right there on the radio. I don't have anything against the most recent versions of the iDrive, I just prefer the BMW car stereos that have the full controls right on the radio, rather than fishing through the display screen inside the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #514
stressdoc
Moderator
Dominica
240

 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 YMB
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO


Posts: 10,159
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna@talstar.com View Post
If I order my 335is without the Navigation System, I'm not going to get the iDrive display screen at all, am I? I'm trying to set up the car with the Harmon Kardon Premium Audio System with the controls right there on the radio. I don't have anything against the most recent versions of the iDrive, I just prefer the BMW car stereos that have the full controls right on the radio, rather than fishing through the display screen inside the iDrive.
Correct, no screen. Saves $ if you don't need OEM Navi. And unlike the M3, you don't have to order Navi to get the upgraded stereo.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #515
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Correct, no screen. Saves $ if you don't need OEM Navi. And unlike the M3, you don't have to order Navi to get the upgraded stereo.
AWESOME!! My dealer tells me that BMWNA informs him that their next "allocation" should include at least one 335is that I can order. Until then, I have to sit on my hands and wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #516
stressdoc
Moderator
Dominica
240

 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 YMB
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO


Posts: 10,159
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna@talstar.com View Post
AWESOME!! My dealer tells me that BMWNA informs him that their next "allocation" should include at least one 335is that I can order. Until then, I have to sit on my hands and wait.
F@#$ that. They will try and squeeze you for MSRP. Get a hold of one of the Eurodelivery specialists and go for it. Surely there is a SA at the Tallahassee dealer that can handle ED. Regardless, I don't think anyone is getting an E93 335is before mid-April in Munich, mid-May for an E92, with USA delivery in June.

Anyone have hard data on build dates yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #517
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
F@#$ that. They will try and squeeze you for MSRP. Get a hold of one of the Eurodelivery specialists and go for it. Surely there is a SA at the Tallahassee dealer that can handle ED.
I've got a pretty good relationship with the local Tallahassee dealership (I just keep coming back). I think they'll do me right, but I haven't received their quote yet. How much do you think I should be paying for this setup?
2011 335is Coupe (includes the M-Sports Package in the design)
M-DCT
Lemans Blue Metallic
Harmon Kardon Stereo
Premium Package (including Black Dakota Leather)
Alarm System
Auto-dimming Headlights
No need to upgrade the rims, as I like the 18-inch ferric gray wheels
Delete Moonroof (OK, wishful thinking)

How much?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #518
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
444

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna@talstar.com View Post
I've got a pretty good relationship with the local Tallahassee dealership (I just keep coming back). I think they'll do me right, but I haven't received their quote yet. How much do you think I should be paying for this setup?
2011 335is Coupe (includes the M-Sports Package in the design)
M-DCT
Lemans Blue Metallic
Harmon Kardon Stereo
Premium Package (including Black Dakota Leather)
Alarm System
Auto-dimming Headlights
No need to upgrade the rims, as I like the 18-inch ferric gray wheels
Delete Moonroof (OK, wishful thinking)

How much?
Base was what? $50150 or something close to that?
M-DCT - $1500
Lemans Blue Metallic - $550
Harmon Kardon Stereo - $875?
Premium Package (including Black Dakota Leather) call it appx $2000
Alarm System - $400
Auto-dimming Headlights - $250
No need to upgrade the rims, as I like the 18-inch ferric gray wheels
Delete Moonroof (OK, wishful thinking)

I'm guessing you'll be right around $54k with those options.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #519
Budfox27
First Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 2011 Blue Onyx 335is
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tulsa, Ok


Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Be a lot lower with ED. That's what I'm doing. Just wish they had more inspired colors.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #520
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
444

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfox27 View Post
Be a lot lower with ED. That's what I'm doing. Just wish they had more inspired colors.
oh yeah for sure... I was thinking MSRP at the dealer
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #521
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
Base was what? $50150 or something close to that?
M-DCT - $1500
Lemans Blue Metallic - $550
Harmon Kardon Stereo - $875?
Premium Package (including Black Dakota Leather) call it appx $2000
Alarm System - $400
Auto-dimming Headlights - $250
No need to upgrade the rims, as I like the 18-inch ferric gray wheels
Delete Moonroof (OK, wishful thinking)

I'm guessing you'll be right around $54k with those options.
That sounds a lot like MSRP. I may be hopping on a plane (ED) if they try to do that to me!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #522
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfox27 View Post
Be a lot lower with ED. That's what I'm doing. Just wish they had more inspired colors.
Do I work ED through my local dealer, or is there a better way to go? Do they still get some profit margin?
I know what you mean about the color choices. I am "settling" for the Lemans Blue, but I dream of getting this car in a deep maroon red metallic that I saw in a movie a couple of years ago where two BMW's (M3's I think) were chasing each other through the streets of some european city). It was gorgeous! Anyone remember this movie? Could have been 007, not sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #523
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

I just found it. The movie is "New York Taxi", 2004, Queen Latifah, Jimmy Fallon. There is an awesome deep red BMW in a chase scene in that movie.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #524
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

I just checked out the 2011 Product Planning Bulletin for the 335is, and it says that they will be offering the Vermillion Red Metallic (Option A82) as a color. I searched for other BMW's with this color, and found a few X6's with it. Although it is much better than the plan non-metallic red, it is just too orange for me.
Here's the awesome scene from the New York Taxi movie. What a wonderful red color... (right after the transporter scene in the video)...

Last edited by smckenna@talstar.com; 02-15-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #525
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
444

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna@talstar.com View Post
I just checked out the 2011 Product Planning Bulletin for the 335is, and it says that they will be offering the Vermillion Red Metallic (Option A82) as a color. I searched for other BMW's with this color, and found a few X6's with it. Although it is much better than the plan non-metallic red, it is just too orange for me.
Here's the awesome scene from the New York Taxi movie. What a wonderful red color...
I had a vermillion red X6 loaner once... it really isn't that orange in person. Its probably best classified as "brick red".

You really need to look for real pics of it, not the done up ones on BMW's site.

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #526
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
I had a vermillion red X6 loaner once... it really isn't that orange in person. Its probably best classified as "brick red".

You really need to look for real pics of it, not the done up ones on BMW's site.

I saw a couple of real photos, just like the one you just posted. It doesn't come anywhere near the passion in the candy apple metallic red paint in the movie.
I wonder if there is some huge pallet of BMW metallic paints that one can choose from and custom order any color you want, but pay an extra $750 or so to BMW?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #527
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
444

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
yeah its not candy apple red but that would be a custom job anyway. You can try bmw.com and look at the BMW Individual colors or just get white and have it wrapped in vinyl in ANY color you want for like $800
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #528
stressdoc
Moderator
Dominica
240

 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 YMB
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO


Posts: 10,159
iTrader: (0)

Individual. But more like $4k. Ouch. LeMans is pretty good color IMO.
For price go to the pricing sticky. Look at invoice/wholesale price list. Add up your options. Negotiate w/ SA for $1k over invoice price. If they don't want to go that low because 335is is hard to get in their allotment, then go ED route. Yes you can do ED at your local dealer, just get them to price match one of the other ED specialists.

Invoice USA:
$45680
200 training fee
1435 DCT
500 Metallic
795 HK
2410 ZPP
365 alarm
230 adaptive headlights
875 dest & hand
$52490
+ 1000 profit -> 53500

Ed price = $49090 + 1000 -> 50100.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2011, 335is, 335is video, 335is wallpaper, bmw, e92, e93, facelift, lci

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST