E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Your opinion is appreciated! F430, 997.2 GT3RS, R8



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #89
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
18
Rep
1,113
Posts

 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
lmao yes i meant LFA ha ha. car was so amazing it had me mispell it lol

yeah i know i just meant for us mortal folk 400k is alot. to bad prob 399 of the 400 will just sit and collect dust in the garage
Sorry to stray off topic, but Lexus is trying very hard to avoid what you're suggesting. They aren't selling these cars, they're leasing them all. The selection criteria was apparently exhaustive (there are a few guys on the Lexus forum that applied) and is trying to wean out wannabe collectors.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #90
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
114
Rep
2,938
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
I've driven all of the cars you mentioned. For the price, you need to go with the F430. Truly a spectacular car.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #91
/// Yr1of D1///
BMW Technician
/// Yr1of D1///'s Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
829
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to /// Yr1of D1///
GT3 RS = balla status!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #92
graider
Colonel
graider's Avatar
26
Rep
2,408
Posts

 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

i agree with most here who said f430. i mean common, new vs new, the f430 is twice the price of the gt3rs including the markup, etc. the waiting line is sold out 2 years ahead. porsche is no ferrari.

if you can afford the maintenace, ferrari hands down. you have the status, the look, the sound, panty drop everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 02:08 AM   #93
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
157
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i agree with most here who said f430. i mean common, new vs new, the f430 is twice the price of the gt3rs including the markup, etc. the waiting line is sold out 2 years ahead. porsche is no ferrari.

if you can afford the maintenace, ferrari hands down. you have the status, the look, the sound, panty drop everywhere.
Drive both on the track and then tell me which is the more enjoyable, sorry but for pure driving pleasure it's always going to be the GT3RS.

Though that being said when I consider how much of an improvement the 430 was compared to the 360 I can only imagine that if the new 458 makes the same leap forward it will be superior to just about everything else, but fu@k me at the price it bloody better be.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #94
graider
Colonel
graider's Avatar
26
Rep
2,408
Posts

 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Drive both on the track and then tell me which is the more enjoyable, sorry but for pure driving pleasure it's always going to be the GT3RS.

Though that being said when I consider how much of an improvement the 430 was compared to the 360 I can only imagine that if the new 458 makes the same leap forward it will be superior to just about everything else, but fu@k me at the price it bloody better be.
I think a lot of that driving pleasure has to do with the 6sp gear box. if ferrari do offer that on the scuderia, i think the table will turn. but i guess they don't want to due to low demand.

but even with the f1 gearbox, I would still take something like this http://www.zcars.com.au/images/novit...0-tu-nero1.jpg over any porsche gt3 rs.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #95
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
157
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
I think a lot of that driving pleasure has to do with the 6sp gear box. if ferrari do offer that on the scuderia, i think the table will turn. but i guess they don't want to due to low demand.

but even with the f1 gearbox, I would still take something like this http://www.zcars.com.au/images/novit...0-tu-nero1.jpg over any porsche gt3 rs.
Well we are now getting to the difficult debate of looks and what one person prefers over another.

P.S.
Did you see the figures that the R8 5.2FSI produced in the hands of Road & Track, very impressive, faster than the F430, the Z06 and only marginally slower than a ZR1. Admittedly beyond the budget being discussed here but maybe a worthwhile consideration in a year of two.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #96
graider
Colonel
graider's Avatar
26
Rep
2,408
Posts

 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Well we are now getting to the difficult debate of looks and what one person prefers over another.

P.S.
Did you see the figures that the R8 5.2FSI produced in the hands of Road & Track, very impressive, faster than the F430, the Z06 and only marginally slower than a ZR1. Admittedly beyond the budget being discussed here but maybe a worthwhile consideration in a year of two.
i would take the r8 v10 over the gt3 rs. 2 reasons, sounds of the v10 and everyday usability. I think it also look better, but again that is objective like you said.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #97
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

The Ferrari will always turn more heads and get more attention. I love the GT3-RS though. If I was simply looking for the most powerfull car for the money in the under 200k range I would go ZR1 no doubt. It is an insane car. Looks it wont turn heads or get much respect at the nightclub, but you will blow the doors off the GT3 and F430 in a simple drag race and top end run.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST