E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Next-gen iDrive, Voice Command UPDATE / UPGRADE!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #23
bsd107
Captain
United_States
31

 
Drives: 2009 335i E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: US


Posts: 623
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
What's the production date of your 328i (it is posted in the driver's doorjam label)? There is at least one MY2010 E90 M3 in the M3post.com forum with the new iDrive Voice Activation feature; I specifically asked that question and the owner confirmed it.
Yeah, but are you sure that the owner knows what you are talking about? I.e. the distinction between the "old" Active Voice and the new version?

You and I do, but I doubt most new owners will....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 05:26 AM   #24
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
197

 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida


Posts: 11,148
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd107 View Post
Yeah, but are you sure that the owner knows what you are talking about? I.e. the distinction between the "old" Active Voice and the new version?

You and I do, but I doubt most new owners will....
Yes he did, as I included in the question the video of that new feature... http://www.worldcarfans.com/10906081...control-system
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #25
bsd107
Captain
United_States
31

 
Drives: 2009 335i E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: US


Posts: 623
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Yes he did, as I included in the question the video of that new feature... http://www.worldcarfans.com/10906081...control-system
Yeah, OK, but it's still easy for someone to misinterpret, especially since the video is in german....

Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade to this in the US (on MY2009 cars) next spring....
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 03:02 AM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
197

 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida


Posts: 11,148
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd107 View Post
Yeah, OK, but it's still easy for someone to misinterpret, especially since the video is in german....

Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade to this in the US (on MY2009 cars) next spring....
The biggest improvement is the "single command", so it is impossible to misinterpret. Before you needed to speak an address in multiple commands (the same way in all BMW with Navigation since at least 1999), now you just say the address naturally in one single phrase/command.

The video is pretty clear on that, regradless if it is in German.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #27
bonwit904
Private First Class
United_States
27

 
bonwit904's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335xi, 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

any update on the status of when / if this can be retrofitted - we havent approached this topic in a while
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:48 AM   #28
pagefault
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 2010 128i Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA


Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonwit904 View Post
any update on the status of when / if this can be retrofitted - we havent approached this topic in a while
I'm curious, too. My 12/2009 built 2010 does not have it, and that press release is partly why I ordered a 2010 model sight unseen (clearly not the only reason I bought the car, but it influenced the timing).
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
idrive, software update, voice command update

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST