E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 2010 Pagani Zonda Tricolore



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #23
ChrisV
7er
ChrisV's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: 1998 BMW 740iL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pikesville, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 740iL  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
The car


But that rainbow thing....... What the hell were they thinking
Maybe they were thinking that they know a bit more than the average ignorant internet forum member...

The reason for the name (and the stripes) is the 50th Anniversary of the Frecce tricolori of the Italian Air Force.



It even says so in the article linked to (IN BIG, BOLD LETTERS) in the OP:

"The particular Zonda you see is the Tricolore, a special edition made to celebrate a squadron of the Italian air force named the Frecce Tricolori. The squadron is a demonstration team composed of nine planes and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. The Tricolore is painted to match the squadron's planes"


I really wish people would THINK a bit before hitting the "submit reply" button...
__________________
1998 740iL

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #24
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
Memphis1's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,843
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

i love Zonda's, they're just nuts
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #25
danniexi
Colonel
danniexi's Avatar
South Korea
31
Rep
2,092
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW E92 335xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (14)

absolutely crazy looking and downright silly.

perfect.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #26
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Sniz's Avatar
190
Rep
10,572
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Maybe they were thinking that they know a bit more than the average ignorant internet forum member...

The reason for the name (and the stripes) is the 50th Anniversary of the Frecce tricolori of the Italian Air Force.



It even says so in the article linked to (IN BIG, BOLD LETTERS) in the OP:

"The particular Zonda you see is the Tricolore, a special edition made to celebrate a squadron of the Italian air force named the Frecce Tricolori. The squadron is a demonstration team composed of nine planes and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. The Tricolore is painted to match the squadron's planes"


I really wish people would THINK a bit before hitting the "submit reply" button...
yup I certainly did not see that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #27
ejazbmw
blahhh
ejazbmw's Avatar
94
Rep
6,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (7)

damn the cf is flawless, and the car looks stunning
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #28
jhv
Lieutenant General
jhv's Avatar
No_Country
444
Rep
17,307
Posts

 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

wow honestly... holy shit thats incredible
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #29
SchnellM3
Digger
SchnellM3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
2,616
Posts

 
Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pa

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Maybe they were thinking that they know a bit more than the average ignorant internet forum member...

The reason for the name (and the stripes) is the 50th Anniversary of the Frecce tricolori of the Italian Air Force.



It even says so in the article linked to (IN BIG, BOLD LETTERS) in the OP:

"The particular Zonda you see is the Tricolore, a special edition made to celebrate a squadron of the Italian air force named the Frecce Tricolori. The squadron is a demonstration team composed of nine planes and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. The Tricolore is painted to match the squadron's planes"


I really wish people would THINK a bit before hitting the "submit reply" button...

Well Im sorry that I didnt see that, and this "average forum" member that you speak of also happens to be an ATP pilot in both Single And Multi Engine Airplanes and have been flying since I was 15. Im sorry I was too excited to see the car pictures before reading anything, and in my defense the picture of it with that Aermacchi 339 were not there when I posted.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #30
ChrisV
7er
ChrisV's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: 1998 BMW 740iL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pikesville, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 740iL  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Im sorry I was too excited to see the car pictures before reading anything, and in my defense the picture of it with that Aermacchi 339 were not there when I posted.
So you posted before reading, where it described why? Why would you post your opinion before actually reading the information presented? It's not a chat room where you have to type it as you instantly think it...

Again, thats the issue, people don't stop to use their brains before coming up with opinions then telling that opinion to everyone.

It's really common here, too.
__________________
1998 740iL

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #31
SchnellM3
Digger
SchnellM3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
2,616
Posts

 
Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pa

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
So you posted before reading, where it described why? Why would you post your opinion before actually reading the information presented? It's not a chat room where you have to type it as you instantly think it...


Pretty much thats what happened I love the Zondas and when I saw that stripe on the flawless carbon I was like what the hell lol
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #32
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
66
Rep
5,972
Posts

 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

iTrader: (0)

I love these cars. Colors or not. You could wrap one in a gay pride flag, place it in the middle of a Baptist convention, and I'd proudly get in it and drive away.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST