E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > 335d not coming to SA?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
flyboy-sa
Private
2
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330 ... almost
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

335d not coming to SA?

Hello,

Somebody that does work for BMW said they heard some talk that the 335d is not coming to SA due to the bad diesel quality in SA.

Anybody know anything of this?

Thanx
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 07:16 AM   #2
adamr
Major
adamr's Avatar
South Africa
27
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 997 GT3 RS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
dont think the 335d will come to SA ... and we getting another price increase of 4% in Feb ... woohooo!!! ... not!!!
__________________


2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 02:45 AM   #3
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
8
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pretoria, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
dont think the 335d will come to SA ... and we getting another price increase of 4% in Feb ... woohooo!!! ... not!!!
Wow... another price increase? That is just sad... That means when the new M3 finally gets here, it is going to be ridiculously priced... seeing that the manual 335i Coupe, will already be above R500K by that time.
__________________
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 03:47 AM   #4
adamr
Major
adamr's Avatar
South Africa
27
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 997 GT3 RS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
yes the 335i base price is now R505k ... only cars that were not affected are the new 335i convertible (the one i ordered) and the new X5 ... and im sure we will see another hike near end of the year
__________________


2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 04:05 AM   #5
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
8
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pretoria, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
yes the 335i base price is now R505k ... only cars that were not affected are the new 335i convertible (the one i ordered) and the new X5 ... and im sure we will see another hike near end of the year
Those prices are going to hurt.... considering the fact that one still has to add a few options like Sunroof, etc.

At least in your case the Convertible is fairly loaded and you don't have to worry about a sunroof... you can just drop the whole top. I'm jealous.
__________________
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #6
adamr
Major
adamr's Avatar
South Africa
27
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 997 GT3 RS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
only problem now is the wait ... must find something to keep my mind off the car ..

to think the E92 325 i had was more than the 2001 E46 M3 ... thats crazy and just unfair ... wish i lived in the states ... be sporting a ferrari
__________________


2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
8
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pretoria, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
only problem now is the wait ... must find something to keep my mind off the car ..

to think the E92 325 i had was more than the 2001 E46 M3 ... thats crazy and just unfair ... wish i lived in the states ... be sporting a ferrari
Oh, so you have gotten rid of the E92? But it's not long now to get your hands on the beast hehehe... only a few more weeks... but I know, those weeks will feel like years hehehe!!

Yep, the prices are killing us here... people in the US are having it easy in comparison.

Yep, agreed.. I rececently saw the price of the 2001 E46 M3, and I was shocked to say the least... it's sad to think that I could be driving an E46 M3 as we speak.

I wanted an E46 so badly back in 2001, but my finances didn't allow it.... I plan to get the E90 M3 this time... I'm tired of "settling" for my 2nd choices hehehe.
__________________
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #8
adamr
Major
adamr's Avatar
South Africa
27
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 997 GT3 RS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill30 View Post
Oh, so you have gotten rid of the E92? But it's not long now to get your hands on the beast hehehe... only a few more weeks... but I know, those weeks will feel like years hehehe!!

Yep, the prices are killing us here... people in the US are having it easy in comparison.

Yep, agreed.. I rececently saw the price of the 2001 E46 M3, and I was shocked to say the least... it's sad to think that I could be driving an E46 M3 as we speak.

I wanted an E46 so badly back in 2001, but my finances didn't allow it.... I plan to get the E90 M3 this time... I'm tired of "settling" for my 2nd choices hehehe.
The new E90 M will be quite something ... flared arches coupe front end ... BMW sure is pumping the nice models out ...
__________________


2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST